[Q] MD5 for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2

Search This thread

junio07

Dec 17, 2010
Metro M.
does anyone have a link for a MD5 file that i can install by odin for my phone?. when i try to update the rom i'm using by 'goo.im' it said 'Invalid MD5 sum'. also when i'm wiping data cahche it also mentioned that i don't have a MD5 file installed.

my phone specs:
4hfmhd.png

Help Pls. I think MD5 file is important. Thanks in Advance!!!

ShaDisNX255

Apr 3, 2014
Matamoros
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
does anyone have a link for a MD5 file that i can install by odin for my phone?. when i try to update the rom i'm using by 'goo.im' it said 'Invalid MD5 sum'. also when i'm wiping data cahche it also mentioned that i don't have a MD5 file installed.

my phone specs:
4hfmhd.png

Can you boot in recovery mode? I think you can disable MD5 check.

bmg002

Aug 21, 2012
Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus

my phone specs:
4hfmhd.png

An "MD5" file is a hash file that is used to verify that a download was successful (well, in this case, not in all cases. I use MD5's in some of my code for authentication so I don't need to store usernames and passwords in my database. An MD5 is harder to reverse engineer (especially if I salt the username and password pair) than a plain text username/password pair thing). If you go to the webpage in your browser for the ROM you are downloading, goo.im's website lists the MD5. If you go into shell on your phone and type in "md5 " followed by the name of the file you downloaded, it will tell you the MD5 of that file (you may need busybox). If the numbers match between shell and the website, you are good to go and can disable the MD5 check in recovery. If they do NOT match, you have a bad download and will need to re-download it.

Wiping caches shouldn't care about an MD5 as there is nothing to compare. Backups and restores and zip flashes care about MD5's as if you have a bad download (or bad backup or bad restore) you can brick your phone.

for more information on MD5's, look at the wikipedia page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5