[Mar 16][FONTS]ALL NEW FLASHABLE FONTS [TAKING REQUESTS]

Search This thread

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Good morning v-b-n,

I tried your Times New Roman, it does not work, ie does not render as italics. I try to delete the regular.ttf from the font and repack in font.zip, but no success. This issues has been raised some threads, however, no one can give a solution to render italics font for jellybean:(:(:(

Any dev, help:crying::crying::crying:

In waiting I found your condenseRoboto suits with my need. Thanks v-b-n:D:D:D

I think I understood what you want .. download font with AllItalics in it and try :)

try this have not tested yet same zip container it was in ex: flash the same as vbn's files

NewtimesRomanAllItalics
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74861217/Font_TimesNewRoman.zip

@vbn if you also do HelveticaNeueLTPro35Th.ttf and HelveticaNeueOTS.ttf it does clock on lockscreen and such (I changed these fonts and the 4 roboto fonts in mine) works fine gets all system fonts

Thanks for the tip ... will check those out

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Re: [Mar 2][FONTS]ALL NEW FLASHABLE FONTS [TAKING REQUESTS]

What exactly doesn't work? All fonts are only italic in that package.. Its impossible to see normal fonts if you are flashing the correct zip

Sent from my HTC Butterfly using xda premium

vithudu

Nov 26, 2006
Hanoi
What exactly doesn't work? All fonts are only italic in that package.. Its impossible to see normal fonts if you are flashing the correct zip

@ v-b-n: Sorry to response so late because I carefully repeted all steps to obtain system font to be italics, however I failed:
I flash your Font_TimesNewRoman.zip, and the result is: my system font is still regular Times New Roman ( I emphersize REGULAR) with exception clock number on screenlock is italics.
and, I do something more, I extract from your Font_TimesNewRoman.zip, then deleted Bold Roboto and Regular Roboto, re-zip, flash it. I failed again.
Pleased find attached here my zip file for your perusal and trial [/ATTACH].

@ toolhas4degrees
are you using twrp or cwm recovery? and is flashing successful with that zip?

I use twrp v2.3.3.0. No I I could not succssed also with your font.zip, I repeted all steps mentioned above with v-b-n font, extracting all fonts that are not italics, repack, flash , and fails.
You can try repacked font View attachment vithudu-font.zip.

Thanks you all

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:
@ v-b-n: Sorry to response so late because I carefully repeted all steps to obtain system font to be italics, however I failed:
I flash your Font_TimesNewRoman.zip, and the result is: my system font is still regular Times New Roman ( I emphersize REGULAR) with exception clock number on screenlock is italics.
and, I do something more, I extract from your Font_TimesNewRoman.zip, then deleted Bold Roboto and Regular Roboto, re-zip, flash it. I failed again.
Pleased find attached here my zip file for your perusal and trial [/ATTACH].

@ toolhas4degrees.

I use twrp v2.3.3.0. No I I could not succssed also with your font.zip, I repeted all steps mentioned above with v-b-n font, extracting all fonts that are not italics, repack, flash , and fails.
You can try repacked font View attachment 1783763.

Thanks you all

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

(I only use cwm so I can't really test with twrp) currently testing with cwm same to no results I replace the font's repack and bootloop,,, idk:confused:

Last edited:

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Try to download this file again -> http://vps.rana.sg/fonts/Font_TimesNewRoman_AllItalics.zip

All fonts in this zip are italic , no matter the name ... you should not delete ANY font ... they are all needed for Android system otherwise it will use the fallback font which is standard Roboto.

Screenshot ->

TimesNewRoman_AllItalic.png

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Renaming fonts from normal to italic or otherwise will not work properly with Jellybrean ... it needs proper categorization as normal or italic within the font file otherwise it will fallback or worse go into bootloop

You can flash the stock font package to return back to normal and then start editing custom one

I am not in a bootloop, I know how to save myself just wondered why, thanks for the explanation,the helevetica do not need categorization then, just the regular and bold, bc that is all I changed in robato font's (I don't do that much font editing, $80.00 is kinda pricey for something I would rarely use. I was just trying to help next time I'll slow my roll and try to learn more.

edit I tried trutypefont editor free changed the weight and metrics, booted fine, but still have regular font as was stated at first.
this is what i did
copied italic.ttf changed metrics and weight to match regular.ttf, then renamed to regular
copied italicbold.ttf changed metrics and weight to match bold.ttf, then renamed to bold
put back in zip flashed, regular and bold is still not italic

Last edited:
Reactions: vithudu

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore
Oh ok ... the fonts need proper weight/metric values for Android to use them .. like Regular/Bold/Italic, etc ... renaming works most of the time if you are renaming Normal to Normal, Bold to Bold, etc ...

vithudu

Nov 26, 2006
Hanoi
Try to download this file again -> http://vps.rana.sg/fonts/Font_TimesNewRoman_AllItalics.zip

All fonts in this zip are italic , no matter the name ... you should not delete ANY font ... they are all needed for Android system otherwise it will use the fallback font which is standard Roboto.

Thank you v-b-n.

With your help I made a big move forward: my screen can render now ITALICS FONT, ie system font is in italics form. But, there is a but, my language is vietnamese, we need some specifical sign for example: â, ă, ắ, ạ á, ả...... And your modifications to the font has change font's properties, and as the result, it cannot render correctly vietnamese. Hope to understand my broken English. In short, if I use it for english only is OK, but in vietnamese is not.

@ v-b-n and toolhas4degrees:
You both mention about "weight and metrics and categorization", which beyond my head. So, I cant do anything. If possible , please make your Roboto Condense to be in italics.

Thank you very much.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

v-b-n

Feb 17, 2010
Singapore

New font BPReplay added..

bpreplay_font_screenshot_20130308110131723.png

vithudu

Nov 26, 2006
Hanoi
Fantastic Italics Font on JellyBean

Try new uploaded "Font_Roboto_Cleaned_AllItalics.zip" ...

Thank you very much v-b-n for the font and your quick response to my request. My system font is now fully italics. You are a genie, you save my endless efforts to get italics font to jellybean. I am happy now. :good::):):):good::good:

Hope to see more italics font.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After playing enough with Font Creator and fonts for many months I am now confident to take requests for Custom Fonts. Added few of my favourites already.

Just flash away (Tested with TWRP Only) and enjoy ! If this helped you, dont forget to Thanks :good:

Downloads - http://vps.rana.sg/fonts/

Changelog
    Mar 16
    Added Varela Round

Mar 8
    Added BPReplay

Mar 2
    Added Cocon (My new fav!)

Feb 27
    Added Roboto Condensed (aka Sense 5)

Feb 8
    Added Corporate Rounded

Jan 23
    Added Jellybean (Edited & Cleaned)
    Added iStok Web

Varela Round

font_varela_round_1.png
    font_varela_round_2.png

BPReplay

bpreplay_font_screenshot_20130308110131723.png

Cocon

Cocon.png

Roboto Condensed (aka Sense 5)

Roboto_Condensed.png

Corporate Rounded -

Corporate_Rounded.png

JellyBean Font -
    Preview-001.jpg
    Romance Fatal Serif Font (tested on CWM only) not my work but made it work on sense 4+

rofathome.jpg
    rofatappdr.jpg
    rofatsettings.png

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/74861217/RomanceFatalSerifFont.zip

Oh ok ... the fonts need proper weight/metric values for Android to use them .. like Regular/Bold/Italic, etc ... renaming works most of the time if you are renaming Normal to Normal, Bold to Bold, etc ...
    Hey, can you also make a flashable zip of the ubuntu font?

There is already one in the download location called 'Buntu' .. try it ..

I am adding many fonts daily in there but not getting much time to edit the OP