[Q] Facebook, Messenger and Watsapp doesnt work on 2G (India)

Search This thread

oxycash

Sep 8, 2012
Hey there. I have not been able to access Facebook, FB Messenger, Watsapp from my Z1 C6902. I am from India, using Vodafone. Problem is only on 2G and all apps works fine on WiFi. Am still on 4.3( 14.2.A.1.136). I have tried clearing data and cache from App settings. That logged me out of apps and I am able to login successfully (FB app and messenger), but once I close and re-open the app, it wont connect again. Clearing data did not help at all with watsapp. When I tried to signon to 4Square app with FB, it didnt work. But worked fine when I directly logged on using my 4Sq. credentials. I am able to access FB fine from phone browser (Firefox). Almost all other apps works fine on 2G (like Twitter, Vine, Telegram). Tried to contact Vodafone support and they said everything is fine.

Plz help as I rely on 2G when outside, will provide any other data if required. Phone is not locked to carrier, locked BL and unrooted. Apps are up-to-date. Those apps stopped working all of a sudden.

Thanks.

Last edited:

QualQuek

Oct 22, 2012
Paris
Hey there. I have not been able to access Facebook, FB Messenger, Watsapp from my Z1 C6902. I am from India, using Vodafone. Problem is only on 2G and all apps works fine on WiFi. Am still on 4.3( 14.2.A.1.136). I have tried clearing data and cache from App settings. That logged me out of apps and I am able to login successfully (FB app and messenger), but once I close and re-open the app, it wont connect again. Clearing data did not help at all with watsapp. When I tried to signon to 4Square app with FB, it didnt work. But worked fine when I directly logged on using my 4Sq. credentials. I am able to access FB fine from phone browser (Firefox). Almost all other apps works fine on 2G (like Twitter, Vine, Telegram). Tried to contact Vodafone support and they said everything is fine.

Plz help as I rely on 2G when outside, will provide any other data if required. Phone is not locked to carrier, locked BL and unrooted. Apps are up-to-date. Those apps stopped working all of a sudden.

Thanks.

Nothing surprising, the 2G is clearly not enough to use those kind of applications or that will take a loooooong timeto load, that need more network than 2G, even with Edge (2,75G) it's really a pain in the ass so i can't imagine with 2G
But i don't understand a thing, if you're on your wifi you shouldn't had "2G" the network doesn't show if you're on wifi

Last edited:

oxycash

Sep 8, 2012
Problem is when I am only on 2g, wifi off. FYI, everything worked fine until it stopped working 5 days back. FB used to work fine. And yes, am on edge 2.5G.

Sent from my C6902 using xda app-developers app

Last edited: