[Jan 06 2k8] Dutty's 2k8 Rom [DualTouch v2 & v3 Final Rom] Updated Pls Read Posts 1-3

Search This thread

kaesedieb

Nov 23, 2007
htc home contacts disapear and i miss "the taskbar"

hi,

love your rom duttys. thanks a lot.

as mentioned by someone above, my htc home favorites keep disapearing after a reboot.

and i miss the taskbar from your earlier versions (where you could switch between apps, like in newschool), could someone tell me the name of that application and wheather I can install it on the current rom?

i also loved the battery meter right above the taskbar mentioned above. there is an option in shaps advanced config, that kind of looks like it, but activating it has no result.

thanks again for your AWESOME ROM, happy new year.

ernestm

Jun 24, 2006
New York
First screen video scrambled

I have strange problem. It is not my first ROM, I used all your prior versions. But with this one after ATT boot screen I do not see background, just white screen. If I follow instructions I end up in Today screen which look like display with wrong resolution. I did all possible: redownload file, hardreset after reboot, try different today screen options, search this tread, but looks like I am only one having it. If I install 7b version, it return phone to normal operations. Any idea? It is Tilt 8925

tenxo

Feb 12, 2006
Ohio
nope, no good for me, most of my progs are on storage in any case,

TRY IT THIS WAY THEN:

Save it to the storage card, then use file explorer to find the folder that it saved to something like program>spb. there you should see the execute cube along with some other stuff it uses to run. Run it from that execute and see what happens.

Thanks

keane_hi

Dec 24, 2007
internet sharing

i can`t use internet sharing ,please help?how to use,i want use my phone as a modem

jacky312

Dec 30, 2007
Hi 1st time

i am going to buy my new htc kaiser in a few days, and this will be my first windows mobile pda i would buy, and i am already thinking of flashing a new ROM but it will be my first time.

i have a couple of questions:

1- are there any flaws found in the new Dutty's DualTouch v2 found until now pls mention it would be very helpful for me and he rest of us.

2- does the ROM come with windows mobile itself? or does it only effect the applications, and the windows stays as it is?

3- what is the worst case senario that could happen if flashing a ROM goes wrong? since it will be my first time to flash, and my first time to own a windows mobile device, i am a bit worried of taking the first step, and something goes wrong, and how could i use the warrenty later.

4- how can i make a complete backup of everything on my device esp. the Supplied original ROM since it is the Arabic version, has the gps module disabled in it, so prob, i would need it for the warrenty, or else they would not fix it on the warrenty.

p.s. can someone add more screenshots of Dutty's DualTouch v2
or do a video review on it on youtube or something.

Thnx a lot for ur cooperation,
Keep up the good work dutty,
i am a 1st time windows mobile user, and i am already thinking of flashing my rom because of you, they were right, it is an addiction.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

manimore

Oct 18, 2007
Blandon
i am going to buy my new htc kaiser in a few days, and this will be my first windows mobile pda i would buy, and i am already thinking of flashing a new ROM but it will be my first time.

i have a couple of questions:

1- are there any flaws found in the new Dutty's DualTouch v2 found until now pls mention it would be very helpful for me and he rest of us.

2- does the ROM come with windows mobile itself? or does it only effect the applications, and the windows stays as it is?

3- what is the worst case senario that could happen if flashing a ROM goes wrong? since it will be my first time to flash, and my first time to own a windows mobile device, i am a bit worried of taking the first step, and something goes wrong, and how could i use the warrenty later.

4- how can i make a complete backup of everything on my device esp. the Supplied original ROM since it is the Arabic version, has the gps module disabled in it, so prob, i would need it for the warrenty, or else they would not fix it on the warrenty.

p.s. can someone add more screenshots of Dutty's DualTouch v2
or do a video review on it on youtube or something.

Thnx a lot for ur cooperation,
Keep up the good work dutty,
i am a 1st time windows mobile user, and i am already thinking of flashing my rom because of you, they were right, it is an addiction.

Keep up the good work.

Your anserwers as follows.

1. there is always flaws but if you have a kaiser/tilt with stock software you have much more flaws right now!

2. It's a software package much like an unattended windows installation plus a couple software titles on top of that. So yes it has windows!

3. You blow up your whole neighborhood and therefore break your phone which would be what i would be upset about. (for real you can break your phone but as long as you follow instructions you almost have to force it to be permanently broken) Remember to install hardspl before you do anything else

4. Don't flash until you find a copy of your original rom. Maybe ask someone to explain you how to get your current rom of the device which i can't.

Manny

bball4life

Dec 28, 2005
disappearing Fav contact

im having the problem that my FAVOURITES CONTACT IN HTC HOME disappear everytime after i softrest the phone are others having this problem as well?

mdifilm

Jun 27, 2007
Cleveland
www.mdifilm.com
Slick free data messaging software

For anyone wanting to use this online chat program that is free and uses data plan instead of SMS, you can get it here http://www.lonelycatgames.com/?app=slick

It works with my Tilt that I got Dutty's latest rom v2. on it, however, make sure you keep the connection (medianet) constanly ON (using kaiser tweak) or when it times out, it will soft-reset your cellphone.

And remember, if you stay online too long (over 8 hrs or more), you might raise a red flag for excesive internet usage and it might being asked to change your data plan to a PDA version (if you aren't using any of them originally).

J

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
I got a problem. While wanting to run Windows Media Player with the cube, I get: vjbrisk2.exe "The file 'vjbrisk2' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If problem presists, try reinstalling or restoring this file."

Hdstreetglide

Nov 5, 2007
Louisville, KY
my back speaker has stopped working after the update.. can anybody help? it does not ring when somebody calls, and will not play any sound as well.

Im using a tilt, i installed the 2k8 rom, and then installed the 1.27.14.09 att radio from custels posts.

did i do something wrong? any help would be appreciated. thanks

also, the camera is not working as well for some reason, just shows a black screen.
The radio you are using is an ATT only radio. The drivers for that radio are not on this rom. This rom contains HTC drivers. Try using any of the radios that Dutty has on his ftp site. Peraonally I use the 12.32 radio and get great reception in KY and surrounding states. Changing the radio will solve your problem.;)

PChaos

Mar 15, 2007
Budapest
Hi Dutty

Great job !!! I love your All ROM!!! :)

I need this ROM !!! without :
ADD ONS INCLUDED
1-Calc
Clear Temp
Cleartype tuner
Gps test
PIM Backup 2.7 [updated]
Pocket RAR
SipChange
Media Player [YouTube Compatable]
Total Commander
Cyberon Voice Speed Dial

because i use another softwarez... :rolleyes:

Can you do this ???? :confused:
DualTouch Rom + All HTC Features
Please, please, please

Thx.

mfrazzz

Sep 12, 2006
Falcon, Colorado
Great job !!! I love your All ROM!!! :)

I need this ROM !!! without :
ADD ONS INCLUDED
1-Calc
Clear Temp
Cleartype tuner
Gps test
PIM Backup 2.7 [updated]
Pocket RAR
SipChange
Media Player [YouTube Compatable]
Total Commander
Cyberon Voice Speed Dial

because i use another softwarez... :rolleyes:
Instead of asking a cook to make a ROM how you want it, why don't you go read the stickies on how to dump and deconstruct a rom, and then how to cook it. What you are asking to do is just taking this rom, removing those packages then rebuilding it. Dutty already has a lot on his plate with all that he's been doing and then you want him to make another version for you?

jyavenard

May 15, 2006
Melbourne
I totally agree that VoiceDial should be removed.

And Dutty, downloading now! Thanks.

I completely disagree. VoiceDial is great, use it all the time.
And unfortunately if you install it using the CAB available, it doesn't work properly (doesn't work over BT).

It's very easy to install another program to replace voicedial ; but it's not easy to install voicedial ; so why remove it?