[ROM] [OFFICIAL/UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 13.0 for Shield Portable

Search This thread

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
16k6kg4.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:
1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
2. Download the zip(s).
3. Install a compatible Recovery
4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
6. Flash CyanogenMod.
7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Firmware Update:
If you have not installed the latest stock ota, then some firmware files need updated. The following flashable zips will update the bootloader and the dtb corresponding with the listed stock version. Only the latest one listed here will be supported by recent CM builds.

Official Nightly Downloads:
get.cm
GAPPS

Unofficial Downloads with Nvidia App Support (CM 12.1):

Bugreport:
Report in this thread. CM's JIRA is only for stable builds, which I have not released.

Known Problems:
Only the power button seems to wake the device.
Wireless controller doesn't work.

Source Code:
https://github.com/CM-Shield/android_device_nvidia_roth
https://github.com/CM-Shield/android_kernel_nvidia_roth

XDA:DevDB Information
CM13.0 Unofficial Roth, ROM for the Nvidia Shield

Contributors
Steel01, Unjustified Dev
ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-02-28
Last Updated 2016-03-15

Last edited:

Spleeno

Sep 18, 2012
sweet - since I'm not using most of the quicksettings on the stock shield I can finally get rid of most of them without installing xposed and gravity box...
but right now its missing the buttons-menu in the settings - so you cant configure the power menu or any of that stuff.
still, the bootup time is amazing on this thing compared to stock...

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
Sweet! Does this have the stuff I sent to @Unjustified Dev? (Setting volume button as volume down)
No, this build does nothing with the volume button. What I'd like to see it do is bring up the volume widget without changing the volume which would be as similar to stock as I can figure, but I don't see a way to do that. You can change that pretty easily locally, if you want that on your install.

@Spleeno: I expect that has to do with upstream cm. I didn't turn off any settins and I don't think Unjustified Dev did either. I know upstream was still working on forward porting all of 11's features last I looked. I don't know where they're at on that now.

Last edited:
Reactions: r3pwn

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Also, if it helps at all, it's possible to disable the LED by running (as root) "echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/roth-led/brightness". (This was a setting on stock, not sure if you guys want to re-add it in.)
No, this build does nothing with the volume button. What I'd like to see it do is bring up the volume widget without changing the volume which would be as similar to stock as I can figure, but I don't see a way to do that. You can change that pretty easily locally, if you want that on your install
I had mine set to Volume down for a couple reasons:
1. When tapped once, it would pull up the volume menu (and lower volume by one step, but not a huge issue)
2. When held with the power button, it takes a screenshot (that's what happened on stock, too)
3. Holding it down mutes it, if for some reason you needed to quickly mute the device.

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
Also, if it helps at all, it's possible to disable the LED by running (as root) "echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/roth-led/brightness". (This was a setting on stock, not sure if you guys want to re-add it in.)

I had mine set to Volume down for a couple reasons:
1. When tapped once, it would pull up the volume menu (and lower volume by one step, but not a huge issue)
2. When held with the power button, it takes a screenshot (that's what happened on stock, too)
3. Holding it down mutes it, if for some reason you needed to quickly mute the device.
For the first, I'd want to leave that to user choice. Wonder how hard it would be to add that to the settings section. Can you even add setting pages from the device tree without modifying upstream?

On the second, you might have me convinced there. I'll change it on mine next time I'm poking at it. And will probably change it in the tree unless something weird pops out.

There's several more things I want to look at porting over. Console mode looks to be really easy. At least in basic form. There's a couple props to force hdmi only and resolution. Only problem is if the cable is unplugged, it wont automatically switch back over. The wireless controller is another, but more difficult. I got the apps to run, but they errored out. I have a couple more ideas to try, but haven't got there yet. Took a break over the weekend, but should be back at it tomorrow night.

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
For the first, I'd want to leave that to user choice. Wonder how hard it would be to add that to the settings section. Can you even add setting pages from the device tree without modifying upstream?

I'm not sure. I'll have to take a look. Anything is possible with overlays, though, right? :p
Absolute worst case scenario, I'll make an app with a few misc. things like this to gain some functionality back from stock.

And while we're in the spirit of discussing rom-related components, I have a bug report: Attempting to use Nvidia's GRID Streaming service results in only the audio going through. (Not sure if that affects PC streaming, as my PC is nowhere near powerful enough to test)
And also,
There seems to be some weird issue with storage. Either apps aren't getting moved to the sdcard when told or the system is factoring them into the internal storage space calculation anyways. (I'll get back to you on this one, it isn't too hard to test to figure it out.)

Took a break over the weekend, but should be back at it tomorrow night.

Alright. No rush, take as long of a break as you need!

Last edited:

Spleeno

Sep 18, 2012
I expect that has to do with upstream cm. I didn't turn off any settins and I don't think Unjustified Dev did either. I know upstream was still working on forward porting all of 11's features last I looked. I don't know where they're at on that now.

Hm, I'm running the 20150223 cm12 nightly on my z3 compact and it already has the button menu - I wouldnt have expected/noticed with some of the early january builds ofc :p

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
So I started a proper post with quotes and all, but the android keyboard or textbox edit thing in Firefox did something weird and ate my post. And there's no undo... So this is my shorter and more miffed second attempt.
@Spleeno: My bad, I see that on my Nexus 5 now. I'll compare my dev tree with the N5's and see what the difference in that area is.
@r3pwn: On the Grid issue: I confirmed that this morning, but didn't have much time to look at the logs. I saw something about missing codecs, but that was at the top and maybe not related. I'll look more into it tonight. It could well be a worse underlying problem.

Reactions: r3pwn and Spleeno

YamazakiRobert

Dec 24, 2007
@Steel01 man thanks so much for your initiative, i'm happy to see a custom rom o my shield and its working great, i have tested with retroarch nightly and ppsspp nightly and its working awesome.

if its possible until you define the function to volume button i think you can change from program_red to button_select to at least we can use on the emulators

another thing i have noticed the volume button on original shield rom is 109 on you rom is 183

thanks for your time and thanks so much for the custom rom!

update:

other things i have noticed
when we make a fresh installation the shield don't have the mtp option checked
we have a vibration option on sound menu (i dont know if this make some erros on system if enable/disable)
if the kernel have the option Prism from nvidia its possible to put on display using the adaptive brightness ( /sys/class/graphics/fb0/device/smartdimmer/enable)

thanks again

Last edited:

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
I looked at the sdcard issue. It appears that only the app is getting transferred over,not any obbs that belong to the app. You can move those manually, but that's not very user-friendly. :p

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
Okay, I've been chasing this grid problem around most of the night... Finally got a lead when I gave up and started trying to mess with the controller stuff again. Apparently the Grid service want to use stuff from the main Nvidia control service. Which is embedded in the stock build and not open source. I was able to pull the apks (NvCPLSvc and the controller related NvBlakeManager and BlakePairing) from my Shield Tablet (already on lollipop), resign them with CM's keys and get them to run. Once NvCPLSvc was happy, the logs related to Grid stuff look a lot more similar to what I get on my stock tablet, but still no dice. It's getting stuck in the queue. Dunno if I'll make any more progress on that tonight or not, but I'm a lot closer.

On the controller front, at least it's more obvious what the problem is. Nvidia modified the wireless p2p stuff in the android framework. Some functions that blake calls don't exist in CM and causes the service to bomb. I'm playing with a diff between the aosp tree and CM. Should be able to get get a sane one tonight and run off a build to see how much further I can get. Then the question will be if I can magically add the changes to the device tree or if they would have to be submitted to upstream CM or Google which isn't likely to get merged.

@YamazakiRobert:
The mtp part could be due to some testing we were doing and trying to get adb up when cm wasn't booting. I'll check when I'm working on the device tree again.
I doubt turning on vibrate would damage anything since there isn't any hardware for it. But I agree the option shouldn't be there. More things to add to the device tree list.
That smartdimmer path is there on this build and is enabled by default. Though, I haven't seen any effects like adaptive brightness. That feature drives me nuts and is one of the first things I turn off on a phone reinstall... But, I'll look into enabling auto brightness in CM. Should be able to find that in the N5 tree as well.

@r3pwn:
Creating a open source control app would probably be the easiest way to go. Control things like the leds, console mode, etc. If someone could figure out what blake is actually doing under the hood, it would be nice to get away from those stock programs as well. But I didn't have a whole lot of luck with deciphering that a few weeks ago. But it's looking like NvCPLSvc will have to stick around if people want Grid access, which is unfortunate.
The transfer problem sounds like an upstream issue or even on-purpose decision. Does this work on other CM ports?

Edit: Ugh. The wifi framework stuff appears to have been refactored between 4.4 and 5.0. Got the patch cleaned up and applied and stuff overlaps and isn't found and all kinds of fun. I probably should have pulled all this from the tablet aosp. Guess I'll try that angle tomorrow.

Last edited:

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
@r3pwn:
Creating a open source control app would probably be the easiest way to go. Control things like the leds, console mode, etc. If someone could figure out what blake is actually doing under the hood, it would be nice to get away from those stock programs as well. But I didn't have a whole lot of luck with deciphering that a few weeks ago. But it's looking like NvCPLSvc will have to stick around if people want Grid access, which is unfortunate.
The transfer problem sounds like an upstream issue or even on-purpose decision. Does this work on other CM ports?

Edit: Ugh. The wifi framework stuff appears to have been refactored between 4.4 and 5.0. Got the patch cleaned up and applied and stuff overlaps and isn't found and all kinds of fun. I probably should have pulled all this from the tablet aosp. Guess I'll try that angle tomorrow.

I can get right on making the app to control the LED, just as soon as I get back to my shield. Ah, who cares, I can start on it now! Also, glad to see you're making progress with GRID and the controller. I'll check out the storage thing on my G3 to see if it's a CM thing or something else.

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
So, the wifi framework stuff for the controller is taking more work than I bargained for. The changes needed are not in the tablet aosp tree at all, so I can't base from there. Makes me think they got put in the portables tree by accident. Somewhat of a break, it seems. But stuff is all in the wrong directories when trying to pull it into lollipop. It doesn't help that I'm mostly shooting blind and reacting to compiler errors. I think I'm starting to get a picture of what's going on, though. I'm probably going to have to start over at least one more time, but it's starting to look like it might be a small patch after all. I just need to find where all the files are really supposed to go...

Edit:
Got it to compile with only a few file changes (and I think only three lines in one file matter), but blake still errors out. Saying it can't find a different virtual function that should be right where it says it's looking for it. Somewhat confused atm. Doing a full clean and recompile just to make sure something didn't get way confused as I was tweaking and compiling. I'll see what that looks like tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: YamazakiRobert

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
Does anyone around here have the first clue about smali? Given the following snippets from a decompiled BlakeManager:

Code:
    .line 498
    invoke-virtual {v1}, Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pGroup;->getNetworkId()I

move-result v0
*snip*
    iget-object v5, p0, Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6;->this$0:Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;

# getter for: Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;->mWifiP2pMgr:Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager;
    invoke-static {v5}, Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;->access$500(Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;)Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager;

move-result-object v5

iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6;->this$0:Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;

# getter for: Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;->mChannel:Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$Channel;
    invoke-static {v6}, Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;->access$400(Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi;)Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$Channel;

move-result-object v6

new-instance v7, Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6$1;

invoke-direct {v7, p0}, Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6$1;-><init>(Lcom/nvidia/blakemanager/connectivity/BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6;)V

invoke-virtual {v5, v6, v0, v7}, Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager;->createGroup(Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$Channel;ILandroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$ActionListener;)V

I am totally confused about the last line. The function createGroup is declared as "public void createGroup(Channel c, ActionListener listener)" in mainline Android and the Shield Portable tree. Which matches the longhand call there. However, the function is being passed 4 parameters. Afaik, that should only be three. One for the 'this' pointer and two for the parameters. What is it doing with that fourth parameter (as I read, v0 is the extra)?

Other info. The logcat error I'm getting is:
Code:
--------- beginning of crash
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): Process: com.nvidia.blakemanager, PID: 1236
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No virtual method createGroup(Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$Channel;ILandroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$ActionListener;)V in class Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager; or its super classes (declaration of 'android.net.wifi.p2p.WifiP2pManager' appears in /system/framework/framework.jar)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6.onPersistentGroupInfoAvailable(BlakePairManagerMainWifi.java:505)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at android.net.wifi.p2p.WifiP2pManager$Channel$P2pHandler.handleMessage(WifiP2pManager.java:776)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:135)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5256)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:372)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:898)
E/AndroidRuntime( 1236): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:693)

That virtual method is there in my build and the line in framework.jar/classes.dex matches byte for byte the line from the Shield Tablet's framework. Also, decompiling the Portables BlakeManager shows a way different application, though the call to createGroup only passes 3 parameters. I tried tweaking the smali file to remove v0 and reassembling, but that failed some art verification when I tried copy it over. Even after clearing the cache and a full factory reset. Like so:
Code:
I/art     ( 1364): Verification error in void com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6.onPersistentGroupInfoAvailable(android.net.wifi.p2p.WifiP2pGroupList)
I/art     ( 1364): couldn't find method android.net.wifi.p2p.WifiP2pManager.createGroup (Landroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$Channel;ILandroid/net/wifi/p2p/WifiP2pManager$ActionListener;)V
I/art     ( 1364): void com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6.onPersistentGroupInfoAvailable(android.net.wifi.p2p.WifiP2pGroupList) failed to verify: register v7 has type Precise Reference: com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6$1 but expected Integer2pGroupList): [0x56]
E/art     ( 1364): Verification failed on class com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6 in /system/app/NvBlakeManager.apk because: Verifier rejected class com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6 due to bad method void com.nvidia.blakemanager.connectivity.BlakePairManagerMainWifi$6.onPersistentGroupInfoAvailable(android.net.wifi.p2p.WifiP2pGroupList)
E/JavaBinder( 1364): *** Uncaught remote exception!  (Exceptions are not yet supported across processes.)

What is it verifying against? The function declaration doesn't have that parameter... I'm beginning to think I'm out of my league unless someone can give me a crash course in low level Android programming. I mean, I can hazard an educated guess as to what that parameter (result of getNetworkId()) does (instead of WifiP2pGroup.PERSISTENT_NET_ID in createGroup, use that), but that would change the declaration. I even tried overloading the function. So confused...

Edit:
Scratch all of that. I botched the overload first time through. Got the overload in correctly and now it's happier. WifiP2P stuff isn't activating correctly, though. Don't know if that's due to their changes to hostapd and wpa_supplicant or if I'm missing more framework stuff.
I'm thinking of throwing together another build to release tomorrow along with a flashable zip of of the Nvidia stuff. That way if anyone else wants to tinker with it, they can. More eyes do make this stuff easier.

Last edited:

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
I don't like triple posting, but I still want to trigger new post alerts...

Okay, new build is up here: cm-12-20150305-UNOFFICIAL-roth.zip. That includes everything I've done to date. Attached are the two patches I don't have on github. They apply in cm12 to frameworks/base and frameworks/opt/net/wifi respectively. Also attached is a flashable zip of the Nvidia system apps pulled from my tablet (which can be obtained by anyone from Nvidia's ota zips). These are unmodified outside of resigning them with CM's key to allow them to run as system. The command I used is below for reproducibility. Neither Grid or the controller pairing works correctly yet, but nothing outright crashes either. If someone has any ideas from the logs or wherever about what's missing now, I'd appreciate suggestions.

Code:
java -jar /path/to/cm12/out/host/linux-x86/framework/signapk.jar /path/to/cm12/build/target/product/security/platform.x509.pem /path/to/cm12/build/target/product/security/platform.pk8 old.apk new.apk

Changes and known problems:
The volume button is now mapped to volume_down.
If 'Google Play Movies and TV' is updated, it starts FCing on the next reboot. I haven't tried to track down the problem yet. I just removed it.

Edit:
Well, blast... This is going to be much more of a pain than I thought. Good news: I got the wireless controller to connect. Bad news: I had to copy wpa_supplicant and hostapd over from my tablet. This code, I don't see anywhere... I've reuploaded the flashable zip with these files. I do not like this as a long term solution. Not at all.

Edit 2:
So, it connects, but won't reconnect and old pairings aren't saving correctly. Think I have a fix for it, but I'm having to recompile. This works, but after the 2 minute timeout, you have to reboot and re-pair.

Edit 3: Or worse... It just disconnects period after 2 minutes. Hoping my change in the rebuild changes this.

Edit 4: And no dice. It dies after two minutes with a few comments in the log. Any time a button is pressed, it spits a bunch of stuff about not being able to open the audio device. Probably trying to make the button sound through the headphone jack while that isn't completely initialized. More research to do later, but I think I'm done for the night.

Attachments

• roth-framework-base.patch
    2.5 KB · Views: 25
  • roth-framework-opt-net-wifi.patch
    922 bytes · Views: 33
  • nvsystemservices.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
I don't like triple posting, but I still want to trigger new post alerts...

Instead of using baksmali, why not use jadx (decompiles from apk straight to java and is interactive too)?

Sorry for the short (and only potentially helpful) reply to such a massive wall of text, but it's about midnight here and I need some sleep.

Also, I'm guessing your "nvservices.zip" file isn't supposed to be 5 bytes. :p

Steel01

Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2008
Instead of using baksmali, why not use jadx (decompiles from apk straight to java and is interactive too)?

Sorry for the short (and only potentially helpful) reply to such a massive wall of text, but it's about midnight here and I need some sleep.

Also, I'm guessing your "nvservices.zip" file isn't supposed to be 5 bytes. :p

I tried several tools to get there... Apktool being the one that got me the smali. Thanks for the reference, I'll look it up tomorrow. It's late here too. And the zip is 2.8 MB on this side. Just downloaded and it opened fine. Dunno what happened on your side.

Last edited:

r3pwn

Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
I tried several tools to get there... Apktool being the one that got me the smali. Thanks for the reference, I'll look it up tomorrow. It's late here too. And the zip is 2.8 MB on this side. Just downloaded and it opened fine. Dunno what happened on your side.

Oh. I guess it was Tapatalk being stupid.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    16k6kg4.jpg

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 6.0.x (Marshmallow), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github Repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. First time flashing CyanogenMod 13.0 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    2. Download the zip(s).
    3. Install a compatible Recovery
    4. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    5. Wipe data & cache partitions of your device
    6. Flash CyanogenMod.
    7. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Firmware Update:
    If you have not installed the latest stock ota, then some firmware files need updated. The following flashable zips will update the bootloader and the dtb corresponding with the listed stock version. Only the latest one listed here will be supported by recent CM builds.

Official Nightly Downloads:
    get.cm
    GAPPS

Unofficial Downloads with Nvidia App Support (CM 12.1):

Bugreport:
    Report in this thread. CM's JIRA is only for stable builds, which I have not released.

Known Problems:
    Only the power button seems to wake the device.
    Wireless controller doesn't work.

Source Code:
    https://github.com/CM-Shield/android_device_nvidia_roth
    https://github.com/CM-Shield/android_kernel_nvidia_roth

XDA:DevDB Information
    CM13.0 Unofficial Roth, ROM for the Nvidia Shield

Contributors
    Steel01, Unjustified Dev
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.x Marshmallow
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-02-28
    Last Updated 2016-03-15
    And... All the bits are finally in. Just flipped the switch on nightlies for cm-13.0. I believe tonights batch is already running, so it wont take effect until tomorrow night. Once the first one is out, I'll update the thread title and opening post, then open a thread on Nvidia's forums. Whew, one down, two to go... If only those were so easy.
    Somehow missed or didn't get notifications for several posts. And it's been a busy week, so I haven't had much time to work on this. Hopefully tomorrow night or Saturday.

I'll try to pull in the gamepad mapper next time I have time. It's just a single apk, but I don't know what other dependencies it has. It does some low level mapping, so I wouldn't be surprised if it needs framework changes like the wireless controller pairing does.

I don't know what all grid needs. I do know that it uses hardware decoding, so the Tegra 3 may or may not have the physical capability to run it. If and when I get it running on here, might be able to give a better answer. If you copy the Nvidia apks around, make sure you pull from the android version you want to run on (eg, don't run anything from the Portable on Lollipop, instead pull from the tablet).
    Well, I got Grid working on CM on the tablet. The unfortunate news is that I think we'll have to wait for Nvidia to release lollipop for the portable before I'll be able to make it work here. The tablets stock OMX libs don't work on CM, but the ones in Nvidias code drop do. The OMX libs pulled in from the adt-1 work on the portable for most hardware acceleration, but I'm beginning to think they're missing stuff that the Grid uses. Well, I'm going to continue poking at both. Still plenty of problems large and small that need fixed. And a whole new platform coming in May that I'd like to have all this done before so I can basically just drop in the proprietary apps and go.
    New build is up. Nothing changed except for upstream cm12. There was a report on the tablet thread that new gapps caused wakelocks and cm pushed fixes to counter that. This build should have those fixes.

Yeah, there isn't a whole lot more that can be done to the ROM before Nvidia drops code and vendor blobs for lollipop. I still need to import the selinux policies. The control app could have several things added to it, but I haven't got to setting that stuff up yet. Most of my android dev time is going to either multirom on the portable or trying to fix bugs on the tablet (fwiw: there's still major ones). Course, I've been majorly distracted from all of this by the new Descent kick starter...