[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - TF101

Search This thread

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
If we can make requests, would it be possible to make the X that clears the notifications area a bit bigger or move it away from the settings button? It takes about 3 attempts to manage to hit it, the rest of the time it extends the notifications area settings instead

Not fat fingers, no matter how carefully I try to hit the X, 9/10 times it doesn't work

Other than that, I have 0 complaints, great solid ROM

Reactions: fear_factory84

jazzruby

Aug 3, 2010
If we can make requests, would it be possible to make the X that clears the notifications area a bit bigger or move it away from the settings button? It takes about 3 attempts to manage to hit it, the rest of the time it extends the notifications area settings instead

Not fat fingers, no matter how carefully I try to hit the X, 9/10 times it doesn't work

Other than that, I have 0 complaints, great solid ROM

Settings > Interface > Larger Clear All button

-JR-

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Settings > Interface > Larger Clear All button

-JR-

Ah nice thanks! I had seen that but for some reason or other thought it was for the recent apps STOP ALL button :)

Much better

EDIT - Actually its "almost" perfect, I don't seem to have great success with GPS any more, with previous builds I could lock onto about 5-6 satellites inside the house on my desk, now it seems to struggle to find 1 right up against the window, clear day too

Last edited:

Nudnik_de

Feb 22, 2011
Zurich
Great Rom, fast and stable. I have just one issue with sdcard and usb flash drive in the dock. They are not recogniced when I plug them in. Seems that there is an issue with hotplug, when I reboot with sdcard or usb stick plucked in they are been recognized....
Anyone else having noticed this issue? Is there a workaround available?

Update: I could nail it down to the KAT Kernel. Reflashed #81 w/o flashing the KAT Kernel and now it works...

Last edited:

didier74

Mar 6, 2008
Good Evening,

Surfing on the internet, I have some problems whatever I use the navigator, or dolphin browser, or chrome, wireless surfing, and pushing links to open pages. I get an error message, saying that I cannot access the site.

Have you experienced this problem, where do you think it is coming from?

I have tried these same links on a transformer prime, and everything is working perfectly with jellybean on it.

Thanks.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-N7000 avec Tapatalk

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
Hmm after saying everything was great I've run into a few problems, namely the CPU is stuck @ 1.4GHz even after wiping cache/dalvik, no matter which governor I use, and now the governor is getting stuck on whichever one was selected on boot, trying to change to another one does nothing, it just sticks

Spiral_ouT

Sep 20, 2011
Los Angeles, California
@TeamEOS - Wonderful ROM. Could you guys please work on fixing the voice through headset issue, though? The tf101's built-in mic is horrible for voice chat and no one can understand me. Voice goes through crystal clear when using iPhone earbuds, but I haven't been able to use them or any of my headphones with a mic since installing this ROM. Thank you!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

marquimsp

Jun 16, 2011
Hello folks,

This is an amazing rom, very fast, very smooth, but I've run into some issues (maybe I'm just not configuring things right):

a) Keyboard (dock) isn't laid out the way it was before (everything is different, and I've tried changing the layout in settings). I was used to Alt+W for question mark :D and now it's somewhere else (I've always used Brazilian Portuguese).
b) I can't delete any folders in my sd card. As soon as I delete one it comes back.
c) Apex launcher is stuttering, but default launcher is buttery smooth.

I hope this will be fixed (or that someone will tell me what I'm doing wrong) because I really like how this rom works.

Thanks in advance!

Marco

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
Hi i have a problem on my tf... I can't create copy past anything on my sdcard...

No problem on TWRP...

Have you a idea plz ?

Thx !

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

atomic339

Feb 11, 2011
I made a full wipe install. First BRK's tool to flash Asus stock and TWRP and wipe everything and install rom. Next install KAT kernel (last).

For one or two day all worked good but now I have a lot of SODs (5 or 6 a day) with dock and without it.

Any solution or idea?

billouetaudrey

Aug 25, 2008
I made a full wipe install. First BRK's tool to flash Asus stock and TWRP and wipe everything and install rom. Next install KAT kernel (last).

For one or two day all worked good but now I have a lot of SODs (5 or 6 a day) with dock and without it.

Any solution or idea?

Try wipe cache...

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

jays473

Feb 24, 2012
been running #81 for a while and this the first time i experience this issues battery draining while plugged into charger and now that its completely dead when you unplug and plug it bac it jus shows the battery on the screeen and cuts off
anybody ver had dis issue help needed

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
been running #81 for a while and this the first time i experience this issues battery draining while plugged into charger and now that its completely dead when you unplug and plug it back it just shows the battery on the screen and cuts off
anybody had had this issue help needed

I have read in other places in this set of TF101 threads, that the reason an ASUS wall charger craps out is because two of the pins that connect to the top of the USB plug that inserts directly into the charger get bent, (to coin a phrase) and no longer make contact with the metal housing on the USB plug.

The 12v charger then doesn't provide 12v to the tablet, and the battery doesn't charge.

As well, I've read that a fix for this is to bend the pins so that they again make contact with the metal USB plug housing, and you're good to go. Another fix I read was to plug the charging cable into your computer's USB port, make sure the screen was off, and leave it overnight. This is supposed to trickle-charge it - something that can not happen if the screen is on.

Search the board for this. Also, there are some YouTube videos that tell the same story. Search there for 'transformer charger' and see what you fish up.

Good luck.
Patrick

androb0t

Apr 3, 2012
Sydney
#81 is the most solid build I have to say....
Very nice battery consumption too

No problems at all, probably got one SOD once......

didier74

Mar 6, 2008
Good Evening,

Surfing on the internet, I have some problems whatever I use the navigator, or dolphin browser, or chrome, wireless surfing, and pushing links to open pages. I get an error message, saying that I cannot access the site.

Have you experienced this problem, where do you think it is coming from?

I have tried these same links on a transformer prime, and everything is working perfectly with jellybean on it.

Thanks.

May i have your experience please ? I still have the same problem surfing when clicking on certain links .

Thank you and have a nice day

jays473

Feb 24, 2012
I have read in other places in this set of TF101 threads, that the reason an ASUS wall charger craps out is because two of the pins that connect to the top of the USB plug that inserts directly into the charger get bent, (to coin a phrase) and no longer make contact with the metal housing on the USB plug.

The 12v charger then doesn't provide 12v to the tablet, and the battery doesn't charge.

As well, I've read that a fix for this is to bend the pins so that they again make contact with the metal USB plug housing, and you're good to go. Another fix I read was to plug the charging cable into your computer's USB port, make sure the screen was off, and leave it overnight. This is supposed to trickle-charge it - something that can not happen if the screen is on.

Search the board for this. Also, there are some YouTube videos that tell the same story. Search there for 'transformer charger' and see what you fish up.

Good luck.
Patrick

left it over night and it did trickle charge up to 19%..will try your suggestion or try another charger and see if that solves my issue

PMcHargue

Aug 21, 2012
left it over night and it did trickle charge up to 19%..will try your suggestion or try another charger and see if that solves my issue

Glad I could point you to help.

The other charger will need to be one from Asus, as it provides the 12v charging potential required. Check YouTube for the man who tells you how to bend back the prongs/pins in the charger to re-enable correct charging with the Asus charger. (assuming that is the issue)

Globespy

Jun 19, 2008
Spaceship Earth
Audio stops working?

Im on build 79 with kat kernel + kat app and noticed that after a while of being on i lose all audio.
Only solution is to reboot.
Ideas?

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

For anyone having problems with the sound cutting out after deep sleep - installing the K.A.T apk, going to the audio tab and pressing "Reinitialize FM34 DSP" will bring it back without a reboot. It's a little bit faster, and makes it much less of a niggle.

Thanks...this answered my question I just posted....yes, being lazy not searching ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS​
    JB 4.1.1 TF101​
    NIGHTLIES​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS roms, we present to you EOS3, based on JELLYBEAN!

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. For the latest news on Team EOS releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #teameos.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/tf101/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Temporary Gapps package gapps
    --
    Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving, we do not provide a change log manually. Instead please see the changes on jenkins for your build.
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Kernel Note: This rom is currently using the stock kernel, so you can find the sources from aosp.

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery.
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS or JB based rom.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

---

Enabling voice search in google now

1. Go into Settings
    2. Go to "Language & input"
    3. Scroll down to "Speech" and click on "Voice Search"
    4. Click on "Download offline speech recognition"
    5. Swipe Across to the "ALL" tab if needed
    6. Download your speech pack for your language
    Here is what I am aware of that has still to be fixed. I'll add to it once I've went through the bugtracker.

GPS
    Face unlock
    Audio is a bit too quiet.
    HDMI Audio
    Touchscreen sometimes stops accepting input. (temp workaround - go into standby and resume and it should come back to life).

Changelog:
    Hopefully as of Build #58 the unscheduled reboot issue has been resolved. Freedback appreciated
    Wifi regualatory domain changed added.
    Full dock support including keyboard layout selector.
    Google Search no longer crashes.
    Screen now turns off when the lid is closed on the dock.
    Smart covers now switch off the screen.
    Location is reported correctly via wifi.
    Screen no longer rotates when docked.

Credits:
    The rest of Team EOS.
    AndroidRoot esp. RaYmAn and Bumble-Bee for helping with the device tree in particular with sound. (Also for all the other great work AndroidRoot have done with this device).
    aremcee (Ricardo Cerqueira) of Cyanogenmod for fixing the OMX issues. (Camera/YouTube)
    Everyone else who provided feedback.
    Thanks ;)
    Well if I had the time I would, but really time is lacking.
    That's why I think having RaymanFX on our side is good, he has a lot of free time. :)

But since I lack time, I prefer to do a few things right, instead of too many things wrongly ;)
    The K.A.T app is already way behind schedule currently, so yeah. That was supposed to be my next main update,
    but not sure anymore now.

I'd just personally prefer that the TeamEOS rom doesn't take a turn I won't like.

Tim, it took me some time to rethink my new strategy.
    Right now, i think I made a decision. I will revert all my commits regarding the tf101 vendor and tf101 device tree and just improve the old one with the needed fixes for 4.2. Would you like to help me with EOS? I mean, working on gerrit. Like a clean, working teamwork.
    Timduru and me are making great progress :)
    Seems like my code and logcat digging-weekend were successful, cause we got both cams to work now !
    Left will be bluetooth ...
    And Bluetooth is now working in 4.2.1 :D

There's mostly HDMI & surfaceflinger eating the cpu left to fix & a few non critical features to add back.
    But besides that I think everything should be fixed now :)

It's pretty usable I'd say now if you don't need hdmi that is ;)
    with a tiny bit power lost because of surfaceflinger atm :)