help me please!

Search This thread

mood_coolman

Apr 3, 2014
i tried to flash TWRP with adb sideload on my g2 d802 vodafone spain since it doesn't work with me with other methods so it tells me that is failed to verifying signature installation aborted... i dont know what is this so help me pleeeease?i cant install twrp on my phone!!!:crying:

P

podagee

i tried to flash TWRP with adb sideload on my g2 d802 vodafone spain since it doesn't work with me with other methods so it tells me that is failed to verifying signature installation aborted... i dont know what is this so help me pleeeease?i cant install twrp on my phone!!!:crying:

we need more info on what firmware or android version u are running. if kitkat,there is no recovery method just root. if completely stock the manual recovery method should work fine.

Drachenminister

Oct 27, 2010

Since you said adb sideload I guess you run stock 4.4.2 and thus tried to flash a package with stock recovery (like when rooting). Luckily for you this does not work with unsigned packages. Cause if it had you would have ended up with no bootable recovery at all because loki is patched in the boot loader.

There is no custom recovery for 4.4.2 yet only workarounds with old boot loaders and patched kernels.
The forum is full of people having all kinds of issues with those.

mood_coolman

Apr 3, 2014
Since you said adb sideload I guess you run stock 4.4.2 and thus tried to flash a package with stock recovery (like when rooting). Luckily for you this does not work with unsigned packages. Cause if it had you would have ended up with no bootable recovery at all because loki is patched in the boot loader.

There is no custom recovery for 4.4.2 yet only workarounds with old boot loaders and patched kernels.
The forum is full of people having all kinds of issues with those.

thanks man i appreciate your help, and i would like to know if there is any news about the loki path that will help, it will came soon?

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
How is it possible there's still no custom recovery for 4.4.2?

Is it because of poor development for the G2? Or because there's some sort of problem?

Can't believe this phone has so many problems with rooting and such :eek::eek:

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
if on kitkat you can try AutoRec

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

Is it because of poor development for the G2? Or because there's some sort of problem?

actually we have root/recovery with different workarounds, if you think its so easy to find an exploit in a locked bootloader and apply a loki patch so that everyone can flash custom roms then go do it yourself but you cant go blaming it on development because even if we don't have thousands of roms like a nexus we have awesome devs who work hard and dedicate some of their time to making us awesome roms/porting other device roms/porting mods/creating mods/improving the phone software/and so much more and if you look around you can find threads like this where I've pointed out how to get kitkat in case you haven't gotten ota/root/get custom recovery and yes there is a problem its very simple the software developers blocking out the exploits used to get custom recovery or root and others

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    if on kitkat you can try AutoRec

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 PM ----------

actually we have root/recovery with different workarounds, if you think its so easy to find an exploit in a locked bootloader and apply a loki patch so that everyone can flash custom roms then go do it yourself but you cant go blaming it on development because even if we don't have thousands of roms like a nexus we have awesome devs who work hard and dedicate some of their time to making us awesome roms/porting other device roms/porting mods/creating mods/improving the phone software/and so much more and if you look around you can find threads like this where I've pointed out how to get kitkat in case you haven't gotten ota/root/get custom recovery and yes there is a problem its very simple the software developers blocking out the exploits used to get custom recovery or root and others