"28 minus 11 Days Later"
Welcome to FroyoDragon!
This is a personal, home-made ROM I've decided to share with all of you. Its main purpose is to offer speed, stability and the newest stuff available, while still being Froyo.
- AROMA Installer by amarullz!
- Based on CM6 Stable
- Port of Cronos Froyo & Cronos Ginger Hero ROM
- Latest Carz's kernel
- Latest Google Apps
- Latest Superuser
- 135 Density (320x480 resolution!)
- AudioPara hack
- Custom build.prop customizations
- Increases download/upload speed in some networks
- No bloat, stock look!
- 5x5 home grid
- MarketEnabler included
- Fast, fast, FAST!
1. This ROM DOES NOT SUPPORT CUSTOM MTD. You can do it, but don't come asking for help if you use it and something doesn't work and you break your device or whatever.
2. You NEED. I repeat, N-E-E-D ClockWorkMod Recovery v188.8.131.52. NO, it WON'T work with Amon_Ra or anything else. It might flash, but it doesn't install everything correctly. You can get such recovery HERE (Fixed).
3. Do a FULL WIPE (/boot, /data, /cache, /system, /sd-ext) before installing this ROM. NO, it's NOT incremental and if you try to install it over a ROM it WILL format these partitions.
4. This ROM has been tested ONLY with RADIO 184.108.40.206 AND 220.127.116.11.
5. Last but not least, I would like to say I am, but I'm not responsible if by flashing this ROM you start WW3, your PC explodes or makes your phone become a Cylon and assimilates you (wtf xD) so... as always with any other ROM out there: Try it at your own risk.
Everything said, here are your links
Version 0.8.1 (29 Apr 2012)
Version 0.8 (19 Apr 2012)
Version 0.7 (04 Mar 2012)
Version 0.6 (22 Feb 2012)
Version 0.5 (08 Feb 2012)
Version 0.4 (06 Jan 2012)
Version 0.3.9 Vanilla (Barebones) (23 Dec 2011) - READ IMPORTANT INFO HERE
Version 0.3.8 Vanilla UPDATE 1 (Barebones) (13 Dec 2011)
Version 0.3.8 Vanilla (Barebones) (11 Dec 2011)
Version 0.3.7 UPDATE 1 - Vanilla (Barebones) (21 Nov 2011)
Version 0.3.7 - Vanilla (Barebones) (19 Nov 2011)
Version 0.3.6 (29 Sep 2011)
Version 0.3.5 (27 Sep 2011)
Version 0.3.4 (12 Sep 2011)
NOTE FOR 32B USERS: This ROM -works- for 32B ---BUT--- you have to flash an appropiate kernel for it to work, as the included one only works for 32A. And yes, there's no CWM Recovery BUT YOU CAN USE AMON_RA 1.7 (only 32B). Also, camera may or may not work, I've found it's random, so your device may vary. Still, I think it's worth the flashing . Enjoy 32B users! thanks to all those who have helped to test it in their devices ^_^!
PATCHES / UPDATE.ZIPs
These are update.zip files you can download into your SD Card and apply using ClockworkMod Recovery v18.104.22.168 to archieve some desired effects in the ROM.
You can apply them anytime unless they say they're made to be applied ONLY after flashing the ROM zip.
Most (if not all) of these patches are ROM-independent. If you're using it in your ROM to help your users, PLEASE GIVE PROPER CREDIT!, or if I find out (and trust me I will) I'll take them offline. Thanks .
LCD Density 160 (Bigger fonts and UI. Default resolution) (19 Nov 2011)
LCD Density 135 (Higher resolution. Smaller fonts / UI. FroyoDragon default) (19 Nov 2011)
3D Gallery + Linked camera APK (23 Dec 2011)
1. Download the ROM
2. Boot into recovery
3. Mounts & Storage -> Wipe: /data, /cache, /boot, /sd-ext, /system.
5. Install Zip from SD Card
6. Choose Zip from SD Card
7. (choose the ROM file you downloaded)
8. Reboot system now.
1. Wait for the wizard to finish installing the ROM, then the phone will reboot.
2. After choosing whether to grant access or not to MarketEnabler, you can start using your phone. If something goes bogus here, reflash.
Sadly, I highly depend on the details you provide in order to help you. If you have any sort of problems, please follow the following steps:
1. Make sure you have ADB installed, up and running. There are lots of tutorials on how to do this on the web and on XDA. It's an easy process and helps a lot.
2. Turn the phone off.
3. Open a command/terminal window and type "adb logcat" without the quotes.
4. It should say something like "-- waiting for device --".
5. Turn it on as you would normally (this means, no pressing the home or volume buttons).
6. You should see lots of output. Wait 2-5 minutes or so and copy the output to Notepad or somewhere else.
7. Paste it on paste.ubuntu.com, pastebin.ca, pastebin.com, etc. or send it to me through PM as a compressed file (ZIP, RAR, whatever works).
By following those simple steps, we all can benefit from your help, including the assistance you can get from it.
- CronosFroyo team
- GingerYoshi team
- Everyone who made this possible and taught me lots of stuff here on XDA, IRC and everywhere