[OUTDATED] Darktremor Apps2SD version 2.7 Update 3r1 (2010-06-26)

Search This thread

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
the nasty 2gb that came with the phone.. I know I knowwww lol I need a new one.

I'm thinking that the class 2 is giving me headaches. I suspect the speed isn't fast enough for dalvik-cache, hence why you have an extremely long delay time. Not your fault...this particular issue is hard to track down.

What I would like is some program I can run on the phone that would measure your SD card and, if you were running class 2, it would prevent the dalvik-cache from being moved. Now that I'm past the ext4 issue, I'm looking for one. If I can find one, I'll integrate that in 2.6.1.

In the meantime, you can turn off dalvik-cache by typing a2sd nocache. I know that defeats the purpose of this version of A2SD, but it may make your phone more stable while sacrificing phone memory.

Then, once I get the program more stabilized for slow cards or you get a Class 4 or better, then you can run a2sd cache.

chunan93

Feb 2, 2010
one problem
i use "a2sd nocache" and cache flag file is created on /sdcard indeed. after reboot Davlik Cache is back to sd card since /sdcard is not mounted yet while 04apps2sd is executing :(

MILH0U5E

Jul 16, 2007
Flagstaff
I'm running the RegawMod and get constant FC reboots while trying to connect phone to PC to check adb...

It didn't take me phone too long to go from boot to home screen... def not 10minutes.

After phone gets to home screen, with everything appearing to be in working order, I plug in USB to test through adb. Once I do that the USB screen shows up, but freezes, then reboots...

Definitely doesn't work with RegawMod... tried a nandroid backup, redoing the entire partition sd thing, and re-flashing this zip... usb screen still freezes, then reboots. I have a class 6 8gig card, set swap at 64mb, and left the ext at 512 with fat set at remainder.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Gregalous

Jan 12, 2010
The Colony, Texas
I'm having problems setting up swap. I have a swap partition set for 32mb. I'm getting this error:

Code:
/system/bin/a2sd swap
[*] Starting Darktremor A2SD version 2.6
[ ] Turning swap on
swapon: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3: Device or resource busy
[ ] Removing flag to prevent swap from activating during boot.
rm failed for /sdcard/a2sd-noswap, No such file or directory
[*] Swap activated.

It says swap activated, but:
Code:
a2sd check
[ ] Checking A2SD links.

A2SD Status Report
==================
[*] /data/app link active.
[*] /data/app-private link active.
[*] /data/dalvik-cache link active.
[X] Swap partition NOT present.

Any advice?

Last edited:

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
one problem
i use "a2sd nocache" and cache flag file is created on /sdcard indeed. after reboot Davlik Cache is back to sd card since /sdcard is not mounted yet while 04apps2sd is executing :(

Okay...I'm still looking into this. I was trying to have a2sd make more exceptions for Fresh 2.0d, but I'm not having much luck. I'm going to try to force the SD Fat32 partition to mount...but I'm not sure how that affects the operation. I'm testing right now. Be patient.

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
I'm having problems setting up swap. I have a swap partition set for 32mb. I'm getting this error:

Code:
/system/bin/a2sd swap
[ ] Turning swap on
swapon: /dev/block/mmcblk0p3: Device or resource busy
[ ] Removing flag to prevent swap from activating during boot.
rm failed for /sdcard/a2sd-noswap, No such file or directory
[*] Swap activated.
It says swap activated, but:
Code:
a2sd check
[ ] Checking A2SD links.

A2SD Status Report
==================
[*] /data/app link active.
[*] /data/app-private link active.
[*] /data/dalvik-cache link active.
[X] Swap partition NOT present.
Any advice?

Which ROM are you using? I think I'm having lots of issues with Fresh 2.0d (again).

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
I'm running the RegawMod and get constant FC reboots while trying to connect phone to PC to check adb...

It didn't take me phone too long to go from boot to home screen... def not 10minutes.

After phone gets to home screen, with everything appearing to be in working order, I plug in USB to test through adb. Once I do that the USB screen shows up, but freezes, then reboots...

Definitely doesn't work with RegawMod... tried a nandroid backup, redoing the entire partition sd thing, and re-flashing this zip... usb screen still freezes, then reboots. I have a class 6 8gig card, set swap at 64mb, and left the ext at 512 with fat set at remainder.

Any ideas?

Try the 2.5 version (http://www.darktremor.com/files/misc/a2sd-2.6-signed.zip) and see if you have the same problem. The operation of the code is basically the same (only difference core-wise between codes was the flag files and consolidating the mounts).

MILH0U5E

Jul 16, 2007
Flagstaff
Try the 2.5 version (http://www.darktremor.com/files/misc/a2sd-2.6-signed.zip) and see if you have the same problem. The operation of the code is basically the same (only difference core-wise between codes was the flag files and consolidating the mounts).

I got it working by doing a total wipe, then redoing all the other steps... instead of using the backups from MyBackUp, I just reloaded everything from market.

Who knows... maybe it had something to do with that.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I finally had to give up and go back to 2.5. I was unable, even after a wipe and clean flash of dc 2.0.7.2. I nuked/repartitioned my SD card. I wiped everything on the phone multiple times. All I achieved was constantly getting a rebuilt dalvik every boot. I don't know what's wrong, or if it was something I did. logcat didn't show anything wrong...just the rebuild.

Sorry Tkirton. Tried everything I could think of to get around it.

tkirton

Jul 13, 2009
Katy Texas
www.darktremor.info
New Version 2.6.1

New version 2.6.1 available. This is mainly a fix to 2.6.

- Fixed a couple of bugs, especially the issue with the swap partition not activating.
- Relocated the flag files back to /system/sd
- Move the mount to the beginning of the file (so the ext partition will be available for all functions)
- Inserted code preventing the dalvik-cache from moving during boot for Fresh 2.0-based Roms (got into a boot stall during testing).

Move Dalvik-Cache on boot version:
http://www.darktremor.com/files/misc/a2sd-2.6.1-signed.zip

Prevent Dalvik-Cache move on boot version (for slower SD cards)
http://www.darktremor.com/files/misc/a2sd-2.6.1-nocache-signed.zip

Top Liked Posts