Not getting Ota for 4.4.2 and kies doesn't work (battery issue)

Search This thread

4ringsa6

Apr 29, 2013
This is my mom's phone and she is getting less than 2.5 hrs screen on time on the note3.

I'm with T-Mobile and currently the phone is on 4.3. The Android os is keeping her phone awake and now the battery life is worse than before. Now it's less than 2hrs SOT

So I thought I'd update it and it just says "software update is temporarily unavailabe. Try again later"

OK, no problem since I'm not using it with Verizon I figured I wouldn't get the update but it was worth a shot (since update is pushed thru Verizon and not samsung)

I tried to use kies 2.6 and it says use kies 3.0. With 3.0 it says device is not supported.

The phone is not recognizing it being plugged in as a USB there is no USB option in the notification bar that allows it to be toggled between mass storage and camera.

I'm using the v8 v9 USB from my nexus 4 and used my galaxy 4 USB (don't have the note 3 one) (just ordered one) could it be because I'm not using the new 3.0 USB?

Everything is stock not rooted

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mike7728

Nov 1, 2012
Xenia
try going in to settings, about phone, build number, tap build number repeatedly til u see developer options unlocked, go back to settings into dev options, and turn on usb debugging, plug your usb back into your computer to see if other drivers download to get kies workin.

mirrin

Feb 7, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
try going in to settings, about phone, build number, tap build number repeatedly til u see developer options unlocked, go back to settings into dev options, and turn on usb debugging, plug your usb back into your computer to see if other drivers download to get kies workin.

is it a t-mobile note 3 or verizon either way factory reset it i would personally root and rom it even if she has no use for root you can set it to deny all and you can load any number of wonderful roms

4ringsa6

Apr 29, 2013
is it a t-mobile note 3 or verizon either way factory reset it i would personally root and rom it even if she has no use for root you can set it to deny all and you can load any number of wonderful roms
It is a verizon n3 on T-Mobile.

mirrin

Feb 7, 2011
LG V50 ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
It is a verizon n3 on T-Mobile.

What did you have to do for that just put tmo SIM in and you are good to go?

My quandary is t mobile note 3 have unlocked bootloader Verizon has a locked down bootloader t mobile also has a wider feature set and better rom support. Tmo network just sucks though.

What I would do is factory reset the phone root it install safestrap and one of the custom roms and I would not bother trying to odin nc4 onto it.

If your dead set on a stock experience you're going to have to download a stock nc4 image and use odin to upgrade I advise against this as it runs the risk of tripping Knox rooting and rom is a smaller risk but still a risk. But the other disadvantage is nc4 is not rootable.

4ringsa6

Apr 29, 2013
What did you have to do for that just put tmo SIM in and you are good to go?

My quandary is t mobile note 3 have unlocked bootloader Verizon has a locked down bootloader t mobile also has a wider feature set and better rom support. Tmo network just sucks though.

What I would do is factory reset the phone root it install safestrap and one of the custom roms and I would not bother trying to odin nc4 onto it.

If your dead set on a stock experience you're going to have to download a stock nc4 image and use odin to upgrade I advise against this as it runs the risk of tripping Knox rooting and rom is a smaller risk but still a risk. But the other disadvantage is nc4 is not rootable.
yes. just plug t-mobile Sim in, change network from LTE and CDMA to global. and it's working. of course apn and all the other stuff is given.

just tried with fast charging USB and same issue. if the battery issue continues, will do factory restore.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

bigillz

Jun 30, 2010
yes. just plug t-mobile Sim in, change network from LTE and CDMA to global. and it's working. of course apn and all the other stuff is given.

just tried with fast charging USB and same issue. if the battery issue continues, will do factory restore.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

you're not getting the "Over The Air" update because you're on the wrong air. TMobile won't push a Verizon OTA to a Verizon device on their network.

You're best off rooting the phone and installing the NC2 KitKat leak+firmware - it's stock KitKat, rooted.
On your current setup you can use Kingo for root (just google it)
Install safestrap 3.65 from here - http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/note3/hltevzw/safestrap (the main safestrap thread is here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2517610 ) ...
then follow the instructions here to get to KK - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726558