More
Wow i just read up again lol
http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_nexus...-news-4462.php

Those are the dumbest patents ever granted. WTFFF

30th June 2012, 01:41 PM |#52  
Flag Post Falls
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Watch ... Apple's next ploy for attention ... Is google infringing on iTunes with play store ... Lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
30th June 2012, 02:43 PM |#53  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,698

Donate to Me
More
An update from the Verge, this ruling is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

Quote:

Update: We've now had a chance to review the imposing 101 page injunction order and while there's obviously a lot going on, the core of the order is actually pretty straightforward. The court found that each of the four asserted Apple patents is likely infringed and valid, but only issued an injunction for infringement of the '604 patent. Judge Koh reasoned that unlike the other three patents, the '604 patent covered the highly valued unified search feature of Siri that contributed greatly to consumer demand for the iPhone 4S. Moreover, the court held that Android's infringing "Quick Search Box" feature was touted by Google as a "core user feature on Android" and, therefore, was also a key selling point for the Galaxy Nexus. From there the judge concluded that Apple would suffer irreparable harm in the form of significant lost market share if sales of the competitive Galaxy Nexus, and its unified search capabilities, continued:

The Court is persuaded by the evidence in the record that the '604 unified search functionality drives consumer demand in a way that affects substantial market share. Even accepting Samsung's argument that the intelligent voice-recognition aspect of Siri, as advertised, also contributes to consumer interest in the iPhone 4S, Apple has shown that the '604 Patented feature is core to Siri's functionality and is thus a but-for driver of demand for Siri. Accordingly, the Court finds that Apple has adequately established the requisite causal nexus between Samsung's alleged infringement of the '604 Patent and Apple's risk of suffering irreparable harm.

SOURCE

So the quick search box, which has been a part of Android for years, is a detriment to Apple because it "infringes" in SIRI, which has been available from Apple for less than a year and is only available on one device?

UGH
30th June 2012, 02:52 PM |#54  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 114

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

An update from the Verge, this ruling is the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.

So the quick search box, which has been a part of Android for years, is a detriment to Apple because it "infringes" in SIRI, which has been available from Apple for less than a year and is only available on one device?

UGH

Thats pathetic. Shouldnt they ban every android phone if that was the case with the search box? I really hope google steps in this time.
30th June 2012, 02:55 PM |#55  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC

Donate to Me
More
I think we're about to see why Google bought Motorola.
30th June 2012, 03:25 PM |#56  
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patstock11

The funny thing is. The iPhone users I know don't feel restricted. They do t feel like they r missing anything. Sheep. The iPhone does everything they need. Facebook, email, text. It was built for 16 yr old girls. And old people who find tech hard to grasp

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

I don't own a Hox (still rocking my Evo smh) but the title of this thread caught my attention. I think this guy has a really valid point. I'm not an Apple fan by far, but there is a simplicity to Apple products that makes people feel empowered, like geniuses.

To many, lack of options equates to ease of use and consistency. There's a million Android phones to pick from, but ONE iPhone. iTunes syncs music for you, requiring less manual control. The majority of people don't care about being able to change root files, overclock, or customize OoM values. They want the bragging rights to say I'm smart because I connected all the devices I'm my home with an airport.

I love my Evo, but only because devs have spent countless hours enhancing what HTC said was finished. Ever since I rooted my HTC Hero years back, I hated being on stock, but it sucks to feel like I have to invest time to make it do what I need it to. All of my non tech friends hate Android, because they aren't savvy enough, nor have the time to learn, to get all the potential out of it.

To quote those people, "I just want a phone that works". And the iPhone makes them feel like they have the power.

Sorry for rant. Proceed as normal

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
30th June 2012, 03:51 PM |#57  
Flag Post Falls
Thanks Meter: 113

More
All this ... Current and her past hearings , in my opinion sound like Apple is bribing her for outcomes favorable to them

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
30th June 2012, 04:03 PM |#58  
Flag Bangalore, India
Thanks Meter: 114

More
They kinda did blatantly say 'Your Galaxy Nexus sales r@ped us and therefore we have to sue you so we don't lose marketshare.'
The Following User Says Thank You to darktranquility18 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darktranquility18 Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 04:09 PM |#59  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC

Donate to Me
More
So what's the best android tablet out there right now?
I'm getting rid of my iPad and replacing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to gunnyman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gunnyman Ad-Free
30th June 2012, 04:39 PM |#60  
Flag Portland
Thanks Meter: 2,803

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

So what's the best android tablet out there right now?
I'm getting rid of my iPad and replacing it.

Get a Nexus 7 wooohooooooo
30th June 2012, 04:41 PM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greenville SC

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _MetalHead_

Get a Nexus 7 wooohooooooo

I'm definitely considering it.

I'm pretty pissed at Apple today.