[23AUG][FNG2][N9005] Simplistic Framework Note 3 V2.0 - Ultimate Customization!

Search This thread

LegendK95

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2011
Jerusalem
Please beware that this is a two part mod, you need the application and the framework files.

Introduction:
Welcome! If you ever had a note 2, you may know what this is all about. If not, I'll gladly explain.
Simplistic Framework is a modding project that aims to give the user a better experience, mainly through providing customizations to match each user's preferences.

If you're interested in the history of the framework, it started with the S2 with creating a ROM which had a few customization options.
It continued growing until customizations were added to a separate app, which was inspired by AOKP's ROM Control.
I bought the Note 2, and the first project was MultiWindowCompleteControl, which gave the user complete control of the applications in the MultiWindow Bar. Then I decided to build a framework rather than a ROM, and released the framework after about 3 months.

The Note 2 version was a big hit, and was very successful, and I thank everybody that was a part of the success.
I got the S4 in July this year, and decided to rewrite the framework using my improved coding skills. A test version was released for the S4, but the project was halted, and I sold the S4.

Come the Note 3, I decided to improve the framework even further, and rewrote about 60% of the implementations. To be honest, I'm very pleased with what I achieved with the Note 3 version, and I hope you will be as well.

Is this free?
Well, No. While there are some parts of the framework which are free, most of the options are only available to the donation/paid version.

Features:
Note: Look at the 2nd post for a more detailed features list, as this is just a general idea of what's included

• Multitasking Complete Control, the successor of MWC from the Note 2 days. This app gives you control over the MultiWindow Bar apps as well as the Pen Window Applications. [Free]
  • Phone and Messaging Apps Customizations
  • General UI Customizations
  • Hardware buttons customizations for long press actions, and the addition of second-stage long press for each button!
  • Lockscreen, PowerMenu and Hardware Buttons Customizations
  • My Own 29 Toggles which support many customizations.
  • Clock and Other Statusbar Customizations
  • Battery Customizations, and even the ability to download batteries made by other users.
  • And that's not all, there are even more options.

Some Screenshots - Although they do not tell the whole story:

How to get the full application:

Downloads:

F.A.Q:
Q: Can I add this mod to my ROM? (For devs)
A: Yes, but you can only add the framework and the free apps.

Many, Many Thanks To:
  • AOKP's Developers
  • Abodi Alsugair for helping create odexed MJ7 files
  • My family for their support
  • aureljared for EVIL
  • YOU, for taking the time to read this :)

Last edited:

LegendK95

Nov 3, 2011
Jerusalem
Detailed Features List:
- MultiTasking Complete Control is an application that gives you full control of what applications are shown in the MultiWindow Bar and the Pen Window, You can add any application without hassle, and even remove the default ones if you don't like them. It also supports adding multiple applications with ease.

- Settings Backup and Restore included

- Shortcut for controlling system permissions

- General UI:
  • Changing how the recents panel handles killed apps (keep or remove)
  • Volume Music Controls when the screen is off, works for all music players with no exception.
  • Disable/Enable Low and Full Battery Notifications
  • Disable Loud Volume Warning
  • Disable USB Plug/Unplug screen wake
  • Enabled screen off and screen off effects (only support for fade for now)

- Lockscreen:
  • Choose between AOSP Lockscreen or the Samsung Lockscreen
  • Enable Flashlight on Lockscreen using the home button (Different modes are available)

- Power Menu:
  • You can choose what buttons you want to see in the power menu with or without the cover, with the addition of 4 new buttons.
  • Ability to hide the dialog title and to hide confirmations.

- Hardware Buttons:
  • Customize Home, Menu and Back buttons.
  • Customize actions for long press, and the ability to enable second stage long press, which enables you to add even more functionality to the button.

- Statusbar - Icons and Notifications: Allows you to hide system notifications and icons. As well as to change the alphas for the system or notification icons.

- Many Clock and Battery Customizations, which are rewritten completely.
- Custom batteries are supported, which everyone can make, and upload to the play store for other users to use. (Custom batteries made for the note 2 are still supported)

- Expanded Statusbar:
  • Show next alarm in the expanded statusbar, with the ability to launch the clock app when clicking on the next alarm view. As well as the ability to change its colors.
  • Show Traffic state (speed of data), as well as changing its colors.

- Completely Rewritten Toggles:
  • The ability to choose which toggles are shown.
  • The ability to sort the toggles the way you like.
  • The ability to choose the colors of each element of the toggles, even their background.
  • The ability to customize the behavior of some toggles (Choose what states to toggle, show/hide helper dialog)
  • Choose how many toggles are shown in a visible row, (4, 5 or 6) Applies to Landscape and Portrait
  • Hide the toggles from the Notifications Page (They'll stay in their own page)
  • Disable LongPress Vibration, and Collapse On Click Options

The toggles include all the Samsung Toggles (Each one is rewritten though), with the addition of Capacitive Keys, Assistive Light, USB Tethering, Media Scanner, Network Mode(LTE/2G/3G), Screen Timeout and Brightness Toggles

Custom Battery Guide: Look Here

Last edited:

LegendK95

Nov 3, 2011
Jerusalem
Changelogs:
V2.0
  • Refined Settings Backup and Restore
  • Largely rewritten Multitasking Complete Control
  • Removed Options for Samsung Messaging App (not important)
  • Removed App Ops Shortcut
  • Readded Call Recording
  • Screen On/Off Effects changed
  • Removed SCover PowerMenu Options
  • Hardware Buttons have been completely overhauled, no longer is the annoying bug where long press action is called when the user means a simple click.
  • Added Means to change Expanded Statusbar Accent (Colours), and means to automatically generate corresponding colours.
  • Removed Media Scanner Toggle (not used), Added Download Booster Toggle
  • New Toggle Design and new toggle options like enabling minimal toggles without label in the notifications page.
  • A few noticeable improvements across the framework parts.
  • Biggest improvement: most of the code has been rewritten for performance and stability purposes.

V1.0 - Initial Release

Last edited:

tusvik

Feb 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Looks really great. I am trying to download it but I am only getting to a advertising page. It's still in upload?
I use x note room that is based on MJ7 will it work on this as well?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

blackj30

Jun 25, 2012
Hi LegendK95, very nice. I've been using your donated version since Note 2. :)

Is this working for all note 3 N900*? (N900, N9005, N900T...)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
Enjoy to see here man.
Fantastic work on note 2. If i paid for note 2 ,i paid for note 3 too ??
Thanks and welcome

cocaino

May 3, 2012
raipur
Wow thxx legend

I really love thisss simplistic...

Love u legend...

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

trial_attorney

Jul 9, 2008
Saint-Petersburg
is it possible to hide the toggles TOTALLY?
the only way I could do is on the screenshot, but how can i remove this empty space?
2013-11-20-10-43-43.jpg

Last edited:

LegendK95

Nov 3, 2011
Jerusalem
Hi LegendK95, very nice. I've been using your donated version since Note 2. :)

Is this working for all note 3 N900*? (N900, N9005, N900T...)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Nope, this is only for N9005, because I prefer not to support devices I don't have.

Enjoy to see here man.
Fantastic work on note 2. If i paid for note 2 ,i paid for note 3 too ??
Thanks and welcome

Thanks :). I'm sorry but I couldn't find a way to move licenses from one application to another, to give the people who bought the note 2 version the note 3 one for free.

Love it so far. Keep up the good work. Donated through the Play Store :).

Great! Thanks.

Wow thxx legend

I really love thisss simplistic...

Love u legend...

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Haha love you too :) enjoy.

can this work on.xnote MJ7 or should wait for MJ7 version of simplistic framework

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I assume it would work for the deodexed version, but you should backup before trying.

Best of luck.

is it possible to hide the toggles TOTALLY?
the only way I could do is on the screenshot, but how can i remove this empty space?
View attachment 2403670

Actually, that's what should happen,
as you can see in the picture attached.

Judging by the bootloops you had earlier and now, I think you're using an incompatible ROM or a mod that conflicts with the framework.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384933833856.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384933833856.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 962
Reactions: kingwicked

wonghyf

Sep 18, 2006
I love simplistic framework. I've been using this since Note 2, and I've donated via PlayStore immediately for this Note 3 version.
Just one thing, could you increase the maximum no. of toggles in a row to 8, just like the note 2 version? And could you add a white list option for "kill current app" action?

PiPoLiNiO

Feb 13, 2012
You are funny guy.. I buy Simplistic when i have Note 2 and now i must buy version for Note 3? Are you crazy man?

Wysłane z mojego SM-N9005 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

TheRecRuiT89

Feb 23, 2012
Istanbul
Nope, this is only for N9005, because I prefer not to support devices I don't have.

Thanks for your great work. I was really so happy with your Note 2 version. and now you start to support Note 3 that's great :)

Please give us a chance and kindly support the other variants like exynos n900 too, this mod is the only mod that i can change 2g/3g/auto mode with just one toggle button. please support us too :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please beware that this is a two part mod, you need the application and the framework files.

Introduction:
    Welcome! If you ever had a note 2, you may know what this is all about. If not, I'll gladly explain.
    Simplistic Framework is a modding project that aims to give the user a better experience, mainly through providing customizations to match each user's preferences.

If you're interested in the history of the framework, it started with the S2 with creating a ROM which had a few customization options.
    It continued growing until customizations were added to a separate app, which was inspired by AOKP's ROM Control.
    I bought the Note 2, and the first project was MultiWindowCompleteControl, which gave the user complete control of the applications in the MultiWindow Bar. Then I decided to build a framework rather than a ROM, and released the framework after about 3 months.

The Note 2 version was a big hit, and was very successful, and I thank everybody that was a part of the success.
    I got the S4 in July this year, and decided to rewrite the framework using my improved coding skills. A test version was released for the S4, but the project was halted, and I sold the S4.

Come the Note 3, I decided to improve the framework even further, and rewrote about 60% of the implementations. To be honest, I'm very pleased with what I achieved with the Note 3 version, and I hope you will be as well.

Is this free?
    Well, No. While there are some parts of the framework which are free, most of the options are only available to the donation/paid version.

Features:
    Note: Look at the 2nd post for a more detailed features list, as this is just a general idea of what's included

• Multitasking Complete Control, the successor of MWC from the Note 2 days. This app gives you control over the MultiWindow Bar apps as well as the Pen Window Applications. [Free]
    • Phone and Messaging Apps Customizations
    • General UI Customizations
    • Hardware buttons customizations for long press actions, and the addition of second-stage long press for each button!
    • Lockscreen, PowerMenu and Hardware Buttons Customizations
    • My Own 29 Toggles which support many customizations.
    • Clock and Other Statusbar Customizations
    • Battery Customizations, and even the ability to download batteries made by other users.
    • And that's not all, there are even more options.

Some Screenshots - Although they do not tell the whole story:

How to get the full application:

Downloads:

F.A.Q:
    Q: Can I add this mod to my ROM? (For devs)
    A: Yes, but you can only add the framework and the free apps.

Many, Many Thanks To:
    • AOKP's Developers
    • Abodi Alsugair for helping create odexed MJ7 files
    • My family for their support
    • aureljared for EVIL
    • YOU, for taking the time to read this :)
    Detailed Features List:
    - MultiTasking Complete Control is an application that gives you full control of what applications are shown in the MultiWindow Bar and the Pen Window, You can add any application without hassle, and even remove the default ones if you don't like them. It also supports adding multiple applications with ease.

- Settings Backup and Restore included

- Shortcut for controlling system permissions

- General UI:
    • Changing how the recents panel handles killed apps (keep or remove)
    • Volume Music Controls when the screen is off, works for all music players with no exception.
    • Disable/Enable Low and Full Battery Notifications
    • Disable Loud Volume Warning
    • Disable USB Plug/Unplug screen wake
    • Enabled screen off and screen off effects (only support for fade for now)

- Lockscreen:
    • Choose between AOSP Lockscreen or the Samsung Lockscreen
    • Enable Flashlight on Lockscreen using the home button (Different modes are available)

- Power Menu:
    • You can choose what buttons you want to see in the power menu with or without the cover, with the addition of 4 new buttons.
    • Ability to hide the dialog title and to hide confirmations.

- Hardware Buttons:
    • Customize Home, Menu and Back buttons.
    • Customize actions for long press, and the ability to enable second stage long press, which enables you to add even more functionality to the button.

- Statusbar - Icons and Notifications: Allows you to hide system notifications and icons. As well as to change the alphas for the system or notification icons.

- Many Clock and Battery Customizations, which are rewritten completely.
    - Custom batteries are supported, which everyone can make, and upload to the play store for other users to use. (Custom batteries made for the note 2 are still supported)

- Expanded Statusbar:
    • Show next alarm in the expanded statusbar, with the ability to launch the clock app when clicking on the next alarm view. As well as the ability to change its colors.
    • Show Traffic state (speed of data), as well as changing its colors.

- Completely Rewritten Toggles:
    • The ability to choose which toggles are shown.
    • The ability to sort the toggles the way you like.
    • The ability to choose the colors of each element of the toggles, even their background.
    • The ability to customize the behavior of some toggles (Choose what states to toggle, show/hide helper dialog)
    • Choose how many toggles are shown in a visible row, (4, 5 or 6) Applies to Landscape and Portrait
    • Hide the toggles from the Notifications Page (They'll stay in their own page)
    • Disable LongPress Vibration, and Collapse On Click Options

The toggles include all the Samsung Toggles (Each one is rewritten though), with the addition of Capacitive Keys, Assistive Light, USB Tethering, Media Scanner, Network Mode(LTE/2G/3G), Screen Timeout and Brightness Toggles

Custom Battery Guide: Look Here
    Hello Everyone!

I'll explain later the reason for my disappearance.

Anyway to say sorry to all the people who waited (and the ones who started cursing :confused:), I'm working on the project again (have been for almost 2 weeks).

I hope there's still interest.
    Changelogs:
    V2.0
    • Refined Settings Backup and Restore
    • Largely rewritten Multitasking Complete Control
    • Removed Options for Samsung Messaging App (not important)
    • Removed App Ops Shortcut
    • Readded Call Recording
    • Screen On/Off Effects changed
    • Removed SCover PowerMenu Options
    • Hardware Buttons have been completely overhauled, no longer is the annoying bug where long press action is called when the user means a simple click.
    • Added Means to change Expanded Statusbar Accent (Colours), and means to automatically generate corresponding colours.
    • Removed Media Scanner Toggle (not used), Added Download Booster Toggle
    • New Toggle Design and new toggle options like enabling minimal toggles without label in the notifications page.
    • A few noticeable improvements across the framework parts.
    • Biggest improvement: most of the code has been rewritten for performance and stability purposes.

V1.0 - Initial Release
    Okay then, I'll be migrating to NB7 asap.