Volte on unlocked g956u1

Search This thread

melonhead7007

Mar 12, 2016
This post is to spread the knowledge about the recent software beta update android pie / one ui for the s9+ us( snapdragon variant ).
A lot of people including me faced a problem of not being able to use volte and wifi calling on us phones specially with Indian networks like JIO.
The update was manually installed using this link ,
https://www.theandroidsoul.com/galaxy-s9-plus-android-9-pie-download-one-ui/
There is no need to flash anything or change any csc , my csc status is still XAA but jio works just fine.
Volte automatically with the first boot itself was turned on.
Wifi calling keeps disabling but people update if your work !
Shoutout to all the people stuck with unlocked ( actually locked xD ) phones to use volte features.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181121-032902_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20181121-032902_Settings.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 506

rythym05392

Dec 6, 2014
Samsung Galaxy M31
Your post brings new hopes for me. I have a Unlocked T Mobile Galaxy S9 with TMB CSC on it. I have a few questions
1) Is your original device 965U1 or you flashed 965U1 firmware to your 965U device ?
2) What was the CSC on your phone prior to Android Pie update you made ?
3) With Jio did you have a challenge where you couldn't make calls from direct phone dialler and had to use Jio voice ? But now Jio voice is no longer needed after android Pie Update ?
4) Did you have Jio SIM inside phone while doing update or removed it ? I see posts saying that SIM inside phone influences CSC Config
5) I assume Samsung Pay is still a no go in India with XAA CSC. Please confirm.

Last edited:
Reactions: still_living

melonhead7007

Mar 12, 2016
Your post brings new hopes for me. I have a Unlocked T Mobile Galaxy S9 with TMB CSC on it. I have a few questions
1) Is your original device 965U1 or you flashed 965U1 firmware to your 965U device ?
3) With Jio did you have a challenge where you couldn't make calls from direct phone dialler and had to use Jio voice ? But now Jio voice is no longer needed after android Pie Update ?
4) Did you have Jio SIM inside phone while doing update or removed it ? I see posts saying that SIM inside phone influences CSC Config

1. Original device - 965u1
2. Csc prior to update was XAA and still is the same.
3. Yes , i couldn't make calls before the update without the jio voice app. But after the update , normal dialer works just fine.
4. That really doesn't make a difference . Mine was in the phone during the update. The csc is still XAA , flashing pie didn't change the csc , only due to the beta nature or the update , samsung might have made some changes and a mistake served us as a boon.
5. Samsung pay works just fine for me , using in India.

There's a reason why wifi calling doesn't work on this beta is because the csc is only loaded with config supporting sim cards from US. Preloaded config are from companies like sprint , tmobile, etc. Hence , no change in csc means no change on config and thus wifi calling on jio doesn't work.

Another update , only update to beta 1 and stay on it , in beta 2 , they fixed this mistake making any volte carrier non working again .

rythym05392

Dec 6, 2014
Samsung Galaxy M31
3. Yes , i couldn't make calls before the update without the jio voice app. But after the update , normal dialer works just fine.
4. That really doesn't make a difference . Mine was in the phone during the update. The csc is still XAA , flashing pie didn't change the csc , only due to the beta nature or the update , samsung might have made some changes and a mistake served us as a boon.

There's a reason why wifi calling doesn't work on this beta is because the csc is only loaded with config supporting sim cards from US. Preloaded config are from companies like sprint , tmobile, etc. Hence , no change in csc means no change on config and thus wifi calling on jio doesn't work.

Another update , only update to beta 1 and stay on it , in beta 2 , they fixed this mistake making any volte carrier non working again .

It is bad news that XAA CSC no longer supports JIO volte. I thought Android Pie brought in a fix for this issue.
I have the S9, and not sure if the same bug in Beta 1 as in S9+ that you saw is true for the S9.

rajeshca911

Mar 12, 2014
Vizag

can you send please send beta1 or beta2 link or the build number of the beta firmware

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This post is to spread the knowledge about the recent software beta update android pie / one ui for the s9+ us( snapdragon variant ).
    A lot of people including me faced a problem of not being able to use volte and wifi calling on us phones specially with Indian networks like JIO.
    The update was manually installed using this link ,
    https://www.theandroidsoul.com/galaxy-s9-plus-android-9-pie-download-one-ui/
    There is no need to flash anything or change any csc , my csc status is still XAA but jio works just fine.
    Volte automatically with the first boot itself was turned on.
    Wifi calling keeps disabling but people update if your work !
    Shoutout to all the people stuck with unlocked ( actually locked xD ) phones to use volte features.