[CM7][UNOFFICIAL][NOV10] temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD 135.4 - FINAL RELEASE

Search This thread

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Github is very funky these few days. On 31 Dec 2011, it already happened but I managed to temp "fix" the issue and compiled few builds. Till the github gets better, probably no builds for now.

I'll think of a way.

spica1234

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
India
Cause we're LG users lol that's why polite heh

Sent from my Optimus-2X using Tapatalk

vadonka

Jul 25, 2007
Debrecen
Github is very funky these few days. On 31 Dec 2011, it already happened but I managed to temp "fix" the issue and compiled few builds. Till the github gets better, probably no builds for now.

I'll think of a way.

i cant even create a new public repository :)
public repos was free for now...

temasek

Feb 2, 2010
Singapore
Extracted from Cyanogen tweet,

"We are having issues with the CM repositories on Github. You might not be able to sync. I opened an issue with Github. -- cyanogen (@cyanogen)"

el_charlie

Jan 19, 2010
Maracaibo
Happy new year guys!

I'm new on CM for the 2x and I have some questions.

I always used stock and derivates ROMs because I had a bad experience with CM on my old Moto Milestone (which is not officially supported BTW).

But after reading many great reviews about CM7 on the 2X, I'd like to give it a try. Here are my questions:

1. Does this KANG has any issues (accelerometer, 1080p recording, etc.). I do know that A2DP and FM now works but I've read about issues on the accelerometer and slow recording at 1080p.
2. The EXT4 conversion is made automatically??
3. Does this ROM wipes or partition the internal/external SD in any way???
4. Which one of the GAPPS do I need to flash?? The one for 2.3.7???? Does it have the Gtalk with video support???
5. How's the battery life???
6. I currently have the stock v20M flashed with the KDZ updater, so I have v20M 725 baseband. Obviously I'll install v20M RIL. Does this RIL causes issues on the KANG???
7. How's the memory management?? Can I multitask easily??
8. Is this ROM great for everyday use??? Be honest please ;)
9. What about 3D performance on games??? Do memory hungry games run fine???

That would be all.

I'm familiar with almost all the terminology of custom roms and stuff. I just need your thoughts and answers to my questions.

Greetings from Venezuela.

Cheers!

Medizinmann

Nov 14, 2011
Hello!

A happy and healthy new year to everybody!

Thumps up again to the devs for the good work!

Happy new year guys!

I always used stock and derivates ROMs because I had a bad experience with CM on my old Moto Milestone (which is not officially supported BTW).

But after reading many great reviews about CM7 on the 2X, I'd like to give it a try. Here are my questions:

1. Does this KANG has any issues (accelerometer, 1080p recording, etc.). I do know that A2DP and FM now works but I've read about issues on the accelerometer and slow recording at 1080p.
4. Which one of the GAPPS do I need to flash?? The one for 2.3.7???? Does it have the Gtalk with video support???
6. I currently have the stock v20M flashed with the KDZ updater, so I have v20M 725 baseband. Obviously I'll install v20M RIL. Does this RIL causes issues on the KANG???

That would be all.

I'm familiar with almost all the terminology of custom roms and stuff. I just need your thoughts and answers to my questions.

Cheers!

First you could look here…
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173229

Then my 0.02€…;):D

1. FM reception isn’t very good. The camera should work properly now – but AFAIK the front camera has poor framerates…
2. Yes.
3. No. You should format /system and /cache before you install it - and clear dalvik cache. But no need to erase /data or external/internal sd.
4. Version 2.3.7. – newest is from 14th Dec 2011 – look in temaseks files. You can install Gtalk if you like…
5. Depending on usage – you could use a UV-kernel like ironkrnL to increase battery life.
6. Newer V20x RILs don’t work with CM7 – you need to use a Froyo compatible Baseband/RIL.
7. Very good – IMHO much better than stock. Yes. You can improve this even further with ironkrnL! :cool::D
8. Yes.
9. Good. Yes.

BTW: voodoo sound is working with ironkrnL...

Last edited:

el_charlie

Jan 19, 2010
Maracaibo
Damn, the Baseband is a dealbreaker for me. I wish to keep my current (latest BB) because I can go back to stock just by restoring my nandroid (after converting back to EXT3 of course).

Flashing another BB sucks beacuse with a nandroid is not enough.

Well, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers!

fuxmen

Aug 4, 2010
Tarnów
Google Pixel 6
question
when i update kangs i need to instal kernel too after update? and where is battery stats? is there will be saved during proces or i need to caliubrateafter every update?

salisbury_steak

Oct 21, 2010
Manila
www.fb.com
Hello!

A happy and healthy new year to everybody!

Thumps up again to the devs for the good work!

First you could look here…
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1173229

Then my 0.02€…;):D

1. FM reception isn’t very good. The camera should work properly now – but AFAIK the front camera has poor framerates…
2. Yes.
3. No. You should format /system and /cache before you install it - and clear dalvik cache. But no need to erase /data or external/internal sd.
4. Version 2.3.7. – newest is from 14th Dec 2011 – look in temaseks files. You can install Gtalk if you like…
5. Depending on usage – you could use a UV-kernel like ironkrnL to increase battery life.
6. Newer V20x RILs don’t work with CM7 – you need to use a Froyo compatible Baseband/RIL.
7. Very good – IMHO much better than stock. Yes. You can improve this even further with ironkrnL! :cool::D
8. Yes.
9. Good. Yes.

BTW: voodoo sound is working with ironkrnL...

Speaking of iron, can you please point me to the lastest ironkernel? I seem to be lost in their thread. I'm looking for the 0MB hack.

And a follow-up. Do I need to reflash the kernel everytime I flash a new update? Or can I add it in my custom backup file? (How...)

Medizinmann

Nov 14, 2011
Damn, the Baseband is a dealbreaker for me. I wish to keep my current (latest BB) because I can go back to stock just by restoring my nandroid (after converting back to EXT3 of course).

Flashing another BB sucks beacuse with a nandroid is not enough.

Well, I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Cheers!

Hello!

Well, I don't know if you still need a new baseband - someone said devs working to fix this (does anybody know more!?!?) - but you definitely need a different RIL.

You could try without flashing baseband and in case it fails go back.

But you need to install a compatible RIL using LG RIL Version – it won’t work with a v20m RIL.

ron_gangte

Nov 24, 2010
New Delhi
question
when i update kangs i need to instal kernel too after update? and where is battery stats? is there will be saved during proces or i need to caliubrateafter every update?

You need not flash a kernel everytime you update the KANG. Flash a Custom Kernel if you want though.
There is no need to calibrate the battery after every update. Wait for 2-3 cycles, the battery re-calibrates itself.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

Reactions: fuxmen

Medizinmann

Nov 14, 2011
Speaking of iron, can you please point me to the lastest ironkernel? I seem to be lost in their thread. I'm looking for the 0MB hack.

And a follow-up. Do I need to reflash the kernel everytime I flash a new update? Or can I add it in my custom backup file? (How...)

For the latest ironkrnL from SetiroN see my sig – and no there isn’t a 0MB ramhack build since everything should work except reboot.

Vodonka did a 0MB ramhack build recently though…
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20877690&postcount=446

I always format /system, /cache, install latest KANG/gapps before and clear dalvik after flashing the newest kernel. But SetironN wrote - with the newest version only a format /cache and clearing dalvik is necessary right now.:)

And yes I would reflash it with after installing a new KANG-build since the install script does a little more than only placing a zImage(=kernel) in the right place…
I am pretty sure could automate this, but I am not an expert on scripting and installing gapps and kernel after the KANG takes only a few (20-30) seconds…

Last edited:
Reactions: salisbury_steak

Dkzs

Nov 9, 2010
Xiaomi 12
So to install correctly a new kang (when a kang is already installed) you have to wipe?

Or you can install like an update over the existing kang?

One more question.
Is there a mod to add contact group support in native cm contacts list? I can't seem to find groups anywhere.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

vadonka

Jul 25, 2007
Debrecen
Happy new year guys!

That would be all.

Cheers!

im come from milestone too, so i know what you are talking about :)

im using the temasek kang's for a while now, even with custom kernels i have no problem, just make sure that dont undervolting too much and find the right baseband for your model (for me the best is 824)

Medizinmann

Nov 14, 2011
So to install correctly a new kang (when a kang is already installed) you have to wipe?

Or you can install like an update over the existing kang?

To be sure you have an almost clean install wipe /system, /cache and dalvik-cache!

You always “must” wipe /cache and dalvik-cache!

No need to wipe /data! ....only if it gets corrupted for some other reason.

Reactions: Dkzs

Dkzs

Nov 9, 2010
Xiaomi 12
I was on stock for a couple of months and decided to try out CM.

All I can say is that will, most probably, never go back to stock.
CM has given a new life to my O2X.

Dkzs

Nov 9, 2010
Xiaomi 12
Will wiping system delete my application preferences etc.
Or will I have to reinstall and setup my apps as I want tgem to be?

Medizinmann

Nov 14, 2011
Will wiping system delete my application preferences etc.
Or will I have to reinstall and setup my apps as I want tgem to be?

No, because they are saved in /data...;):)
No, no need to reinstall anything besides gapps(flash it after the KANG from recovery).

Reactions: Dkzs

wuffi123

Sep 8, 2009
on my mobile the market can´t find whatsapp messenger.
on pc market says whatsapp isn´t compatible with my device.
if i want to restore whatsapp with titanium, titanium crashes.
fingerprint-problem? can somebody help?

Top Liked Posts