[ROM][UB][4.4.4][T/TX] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source}

Search This thread

Alx31

May 15, 2013
XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Mint and Hayabusa owners.
Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since T/TX are not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
BigShotRob
Bionic Beast
dg4prez
Kejar31
mattmanwrx
morfic
nocoast
pixeldotz
slick_rick
winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.4

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.2, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Bugs:

None for now!
U tell me...

And please, report with logcat or no bugs!...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

Take build for your device, they are not cross flashable.

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Mint_build1.zip
MD5sum: 2b028722c192d3c9aedda58e9d1e8992
CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Mint_build2.zip
MD5sum: cbfc123b6737fb49bc84e86e5a325759

Here is my Xperia T download folder...just get the latest one!

Carbon KK Mint builds

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build1.zip
MD5sum: 8a104b324dc36c9ee25404a5eab64a5c
will update Hayabusa build only if i see some downloads...

Here is Xperia TX download folder

Carbon KK Hayabusa builds

PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
[U]Build5:[/U]
Carbon sources synced
Audio/Media caf sources merged
Repos updated
Latest code reviews cherry picked for device tree and blue-common repos

Theme engine still broken...this is btw the new theme engine from cm and Carbon team is about to fix it.
Can't manage to make omni's kernel work on this rom, so u will still get these blue tint issues, sorry.

[U]Build4:[/U]
Carbon sources synced
compiled with omni's kernel sources, doesn't boot: don't use

[U]Builds 1 to 3:[/U]
original builds no changes, see carbon's gerrit

Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, indeed Team Carbon
you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)

@percy_g2
@x10forevers
@Abhinav2
@oddeceed for testing
@tilal6991 to let me compile from his work, kernel sources; available here on github

Obviously CyanogenMod,Sony and Google for sources, repo ...

#include<iforgotyou.h>

Last edited:

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
hi, I could download and test this :)

considering it is based on cm11, it shares same bugs as always in almost all aosp based roms (speaker whistle, no panorama, and very probably reboots even if i didn't experience them so far, but I've been using the rom very shortly so far!)

only exception is omni thanks to tilal and his latest kernel, that has all of the above working (except for the whistle)

so i wonder why everyone still uses cm's kernel and not omni's?
maybe omni's kernel is not public yet?!

btw, in this rom camera button is working :p
also, it has many nice features (but no halo it seems to me? or where can i find it?)

Contacts and Mails are not sync. Any idea?

minimal gapps by banks are working and synching fine, as always! ;) :)

of course, thanks for your work in any case! ;)
bye!

zy4377340

Sep 27, 2013
CHANGSHA
It seems that there still have a blue screen...I think you connect with tital to know how to merge the official kernel

Sent from my LT30p using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Alx31

May 15, 2013
If that kernel works with cm11, why not, i'll see what i can do.

Halo feature is not there cuz carbon team working on it and it still not merged. I can cherry pick it but the problem is; if i do that, soon as i will sync my repo, i will loose it.
That means i won't keep u up to date as often as i would, considering fact that im still not a pro :p , and it represents huge work to me to add it on each new build.

I want to give u guys at least a build or two a week. Be patient that function is coming. ;)

Tapatalked with my Yuga

Last edited:

thedisturbedone

Nov 5, 2011

Halo feature is not there cuz carbon team working on it and it still not merged. I can cherry pick it but the problem is; if i do that, soon as i will sync my repo, i will loose it.
That means i won't keep u up to date as often as i would, considering fact that im still not a pro :p , and it represents huge work to me to add it on each new build.

I want to give u guys at least a build or two a week. Be patient that function is coming. ;)

Tapatalked with my Yuga

Thank you. Right now the kernel is the most important factor to resolve the annoying blue screens. CM still hasn't worked on it as far as I know. But Omni is was ahead because of tilal and his team.

oddeceed

Feb 9, 2012
Thank you. Right now the kernel is the most important factor to resolve the annoying blue screens. CM still hasn't worked on it as far as I know. But Omni is was ahead because of tilal and his team.

maybe i am very lucky or it just hasnt happened when i have been using my phone but i havent had any blue screens so far ? been running since a couple of hours before public release, i realize its still in the CM bug list but i havent experienced them at all

shamal

Mar 2, 2011
Auckland

Tapatalked with my Yuga

Hey bro you doing a great job:cowboy:, could you please port this ROM to Xperia Z too, when you get time.:fingers-crossed:

Thanks

thedisturbedone

Nov 5, 2011
maybe i am very lucky or it just hasnt happened when i have been using my phone but i havent had any blue screens so far ? been running since a couple of hours before public release, i realize its still in the CM bug list but i havent experienced them at all

Oh yeah? Maybe you are really lucky then!

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
As I've said multiple times before the blue screens are random - there is no surefire why of reproducing them or of stopping them with the old kernel. The only way to fix it is to use the new 4.3 kernel sources instead as I have done with omni.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
As I've said multiple times before the blue screens are random - there is no surefire why of reproducing them or of stopping them with the old kernel. The only way to fix it is to use the new 4.3 kernel sources instead as I have done with omni.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk
one noob question: for the porters to the xperia T of this rom, liquid smooth and others AOSP based roms, would it be just enough to take your new kernel as it is (maybe just recompile it to make it match with their roms) or they too should take the sony sources as you did and work directly on them?

just to understand if the work would be pretty simple (and so we could have soon different aosp based roms all with almost everything working, like now in omni) or if that is not likely to happen ;)

thanks bye!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    XzinYIT.png

Hi to all of you, Mint and Hayabusa owners.
    Let me introduce CarbonRom, Unofficial: since T/TX are not officially supported by Carbon team. Obviously this is for UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER
    This is only my compilation, all the real work has been done by Team Carbon

Andros11
    BigShotRob
    Bionic Beast
    dg4prez
    Kejar31
    mattmanwrx
    morfic
    nocoast
    pixeldotz
    slick_rick
    winner00

The original thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2137013

Team carbon's Google+ : https://plus.google.com/communities...2/stream/f82fcffc-02a6-470e-a254-e200b9f78ee5

ng76.jpg

About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

Android 4.4.4

As of today:

This is all very much a work in progress. Carbon Fibers are still in the process of being merged with 4.4.2, but I'm sure it'll be ready soon...

(all features will have to be verifed)

185721ezgifsave.gif

785689ezgifsave1.gif

Bugs:

None for now!
    U tell me...

And please, report with logcat or no bugs!...

disclaimer_banner.jpg

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

Instructions

1. Make sure you have CWM installed and a working nandroid backup

2. Download the ROM.

3. Place the ROM on your SD-Card.

4.Extract boot.img included in zip and fastboot flash it via Flashtool or CMD

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Wipe data-factory reset/cache partition/dalvik cache

7. Flash the ROM.

Optional- Flash GApps.

8. Reboot and Enjoy Carbon!

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Join our G+ Community: http://community.carbon-rom.com This is where we spend the bulk of our time and the best way to reach us and other community members. We update and frequent this community far more than XDA, simply due to time constraints and the convenience of G+.

5) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Downloads

Take build for your device, they are not cross flashable.

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Mint_build1.zip
    MD5sum: 2b028722c192d3c9aedda58e9d1e8992
    CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Mint_build2.zip
    MD5sum: cbfc123b6737fb49bc84e86e5a325759

Here is my Xperia T download folder...just get the latest one!

Carbon KK Mint builds

CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build1.zip
    MD5sum: 8a104b324dc36c9ee25404a5eab64a5c
    will update Hayabusa build only if i see some downloads...

Here is Xperia TX download folder

Carbon KK Hayabusa builds

PA Gapps 4.4.2 thread

OFFICIAL Carbon's CHANGELOG

Here is my changelog, up here u have Carbon's official changelog to see what's happening at sources...

Code:
    [U]Build5:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    Audio/Media caf sources merged
    Repos updated
    Latest code reviews cherry picked for device tree and blue-common repos

Theme engine still broken...this is btw the new theme engine from cm and Carbon team is about to fix it.
    Can't manage to make omni's kernel work on this rom, so u will still get these blue tint issues, sorry.

[U]Build4:[/U]
    Carbon sources synced
    compiled with omni's kernel sources, doesn't boot: don't use

[U]Builds 1 to 3:[/U]
    original builds no changes, see carbon's gerrit

Credits

(in no particular order)

As i already mentionned, indeed Team Carbon
    you maybe can show some support to this team by donate'em ;)

Special thanks to these guys who teached me everything =)

@percy_g2
    @x10forevers
    @Abhinav2
    @oddeceed for testing
    @tilal6991 to let me compile from his work, kernel sources; available here on github

Obviously CyanogenMod,Sony and Google for sources, repo ...

#include<iforgotyou.h>
    im coming with 2 other roms guyz... im not leaving T/Tx like that! :angel: ...in a day or two check dev threads =)
    This problem is found on my TX.
    When I connect and disconnect to different Wi-Fi for some times, Wi-Fi will not work anymore, unless rebooting the phone.

server is back on track i will make new builds soon as all sources are ok to be builded
    @updateing

im still at hospital till tomorrow...(gf gave me a nice son)
    and i received my last parts for new pc everything is plugged/wired and works perfect, with this new i7 building time will be shorter ;) ...let me install debian and make some backups and next week i will try to build again

Tapatalked with my Yuga
    New Hayabusa build is up

Build 10 here