[ROM][SCRATCH]ICSex v0.0[BETA][WIP][4.0.3][PURE AOSP]

Search This thread

rajzzz

May 24, 2011
Clifton, NJ
CURRENT PROGRESS
-Expect a release VERY soon.
- Rebuilding Doubleshot Device folder with all proprietaries. Using tbaldens as a base and am adding on more requirements. If you have any insight please pm me if you'd like.
- Building...
- Attempting to fix GPS compile error. If anyone wants to take a look if they can help: http://pastebin.com/LHr2Cf5k

Temporarily removed GPS Module and added it in after build.
Achieved successful boot, but with many errors.
Will release a version with less bugs.
I did a few checks to see what was working.
I can confirm:
sensors
phone
sms
wifi
bluetooth
uhmmm all I remember.

Back in the works so keep your heads up :)
I'll probably try to get a somewhat stable version of this up before I work on my sensation port.

Attachments

• screen1.jpg
    screen1.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 648
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 676
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 650
  • screen5.jpeg
    screen5.jpeg
    24.8 KB · Views: 634
  • screen4.jpeg
    screen4.jpeg
    21.3 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
OMG FULL AOSP AHHHHHH when this goes stable I'll have a hell of a choice... Tbalden omg u gots a rival :p

Just my spare change.

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
OMG FULL AOSP AHHHHHH when this goes stable I'll have a hell of a choice... Tbalden omg u gots a rival :p

Just my spare change.

Not really, AOSP can't have camera for a while(Only reason TB didn't to AOSP). Plus Tbalden is the only active Dev making Kernels. All of our Devs are amazing. But I feek TB is a different Rank. Its more Lifesaglicth vs. Undeadk9. Once we get some Kernels in the Mix then there can be better grounds for Rivals :D

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Have a few fixes but will release one big update. And tbalden will always be on top of me haha. And he's helping me through things I can't figure out so yeah.

im helping where I can, and youre already ahead with this stuff, this is what we need. Hope to help anyway i can. If you put a repository to github ill grab it and try helping.

zaxondis

Aug 11, 2010
New York City
THIS ROM IS NOT A PORT. IT IS MADE FROM PURE SCRATCH AOSP

Great to see another dev jumping on board here and keeping the MT4GS alive. Best of luck to you. If I get bored over the weekend I'll give this a spin. Rest assured that if you get a lot of kinks worked out there will be a donation coming your way from me. Even if I don't use this ROM regularly I like to keep the community going for this device.

Great work man.

Last edited:
Reactions: tbalden

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
You should talk to undead over at rootzwiki. He was able to get the ics aosp camera working minus panorama and camcorder. Keep up the good work, you're doing great, considering its your first ROM and you're fifteen!

wiswis

Aug 17, 2011
Damn ur 15 I'm 15 and I no notin. Bout developin
Respect bro

Sent from my MIUI.us Doubleshot using Tapatalk

Reactions: rajzzz

tbalden

Recognized Developer
You should talk to undead over at rootzwiki. He was able to get the ics aosp camera working minus panorama and camcorder. Keep up the good work, you're doing great, considering its your first ROM and you're fifteen!

Just a note, you can use any camera over the sensation htc fw / libraries / kernel. It doesn't take much effort, let it be AOSP or HTC Camera. Its just an App that uses Android camera service. But making the libs and fw working is the hard nut. U need your own compiled libcamera.so. it took ages for someone to do it for desire hd and alike. Noone yet compiled it for our devices that publicly.
Undead and me are using the sensation leaks libs. Not compiled ones. Btw I had to binary hack those libs to make them work, and did some kernel config to make it come alive, and those libs and kernel are in pyroice and undeads liquidice .

So for aosp this is mostly useless, to get source compiled we should check how the dhd and other msm7 devices do it or check if cm released something for msm8

sent from HTC Doubleshot pyroiced

Last edited:

AgentCherryColla

Jan 15, 2012
Carpentersville
Just a note, you can use any camera over the sensation htc fw / libraries / kernel. It doesn't take much effort, let it be AOSP or HTC Camera. Its just an App that uses Android camera service. But making the libs and fw working is the hard nut. U need your own compiled libcamera.so. it took ages for someone to do it for desire hd and alike. Noone yet compiled it for our devices that publicly.
Undead and me are using the sensation leaks libs. Not compiled ones. Btw I had to binary hack those libs to make them work, and did some kernel config to make it come alive, and those libs and kernel are in pyroice and undeads liquidice .

So for aosp this is mostly useless, to get source compiled we should check how the dhd and other msm7 devices do it or check if cm released something for msm8

Kornyone updated his G+. Pretty much the Sensation, and Doubleshot are going to have the same Kernel. With Slight Differences. You should consider helping him get CM9 out. He's a one man team, he need help. :D

tbalden

Recognized Developer
Kornyone updated his G+. Pretty much the Sensation, and Doubleshot are going to have the same Kernel. With Slight Differences. You should consider helping him get CM9 out. He's a one man team, he need help. :D

Its not so easy. He can't make it public. I had to be cm member. I'm not one, and no idea how one can become, and maybe I'm not that much tied to it anyway.
It'd be easier if its opened...

Last edited:

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Loving the PURE AOSP release, thanks! look forward to a 0.2 release, then I will probably flash, I need onscreen kb to work ;)

Thanks so Much

You make me feel like a dweeb I'm 16 and couldn't start deving haha :D

Just my spare change.

Reactions: Emmanuel U

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CURRENT PROGRESS
    -Expect a release VERY soon.
    - Rebuilding Doubleshot Device folder with all proprietaries. Using tbaldens as a base and am adding on more requirements. If you have any insight please pm me if you'd like.
    - Building...
    - Attempting to fix GPS compile error. If anyone wants to take a look if they can help: http://pastebin.com/LHr2Cf5k

Temporarily removed GPS Module and added it in after build.
    Achieved successful boot, but with many errors.
    Will release a version with less bugs.
    I did a few checks to see what was working.
    I can confirm:
    sensors
    phone
    sms
    wifi
    bluetooth
    uhmmm all I remember.

Back in the works so keep your heads up :)
    I'll probably try to get a somewhat stable version of this up before I work on my sensation port.
    I LOST MY SOURCE BECAUSE MY HARD DRIVE GOT FRIED....
    HOWEVER I WILL NOT GIVE UP AND WILL START FROM SCRATCH AND DO WHAT IT TAKES.
    I'M LEAVING THE PREVIOUS RELEASES BELOW.

Releases (OLD):

v0.2 : Download v0.2

v0.1 : Download v0.1
    Around a week

Sent from my ICSexED hTc Doubleshot using xda premium

Keep up your work man. Ignore any one who doesnt thank you for the time you have spent. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. Thank you.
    Don't worry, clean up is on the way :)

Great job Raj. Hey, you live in NJ, and I don't live too far from you. Maybe you can show me how this is done, I'd love to help out and move up into the dev scene
    Reserved Again.......