IR Blaster for LED strip light control?

Search This thread

livebyknight

Sep 15, 2013
Orlando
After messing with the IR blaster for a while on the G2, I've found that though it has a narrow beam, its control is accurate and works with every IR controlled device I have.

So, the other day when messing with some Led strip lights under the bar, I thought about somehow using the IR blaster for controlling the lights.

The lights are 5050SMD RGB strips, controlled by a 12V control box that intercepts a signal from a remote that can change the color and brightness.

Couple months ago when we installed the lights, I looked up wireless control for LEDs and only found a solution with android phne wired to usb-to arduino connection. However, I never tried it out.

So to anybody out there, is it possible to create a signal from the IR blaster in a third party app or with root? I've also been looking at the Phillips Hue LED bulb APK to see if anything can be borrowed for this application.

Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

büscher

Dec 13, 2010
After messing with the IR blaster for a while on the G2, I've found that though it has a narrow beam, its control is accurate and works with every IR controlled device I have.

So, the other day when messing with some Led strip lights under the bar, I thought about somehow using the IR blaster for controlling the lights.

The lights are 5050SMD RGB strips, controlled by a 12V control box that intercepts a signal from a remote that can change the color and brightness.

Couple months ago when we installed the lights, I looked up wireless control for LEDs and only found a solution with android phne wired to usb-to arduino connection. However, I never tried it out.

So to anybody out there, is it possible to create a signal from the IR blaster in a third party app or with root? I've also been looking at the Phillips Hue LED bulb APK to see if anything can be borrowed for this application.

Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I know this thread is old but I have the exact same question.
I own a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with an IR port and the same setting with the LED strips.
Did you find a solution?

Edit: Samsung IR Remote Control from the PlayStore is able to change colors of my strips! But only very limited

Last edited:

livebyknight

Sep 15, 2013
Orlando
I know this thread is old but I have the exact same question.
I own a Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 with an IR port and the same setting with the LED strips.
Did you find a solution?

Edit: Samsung IR Remote Control from the PlayStore is able to change colors of my strips! But only very limited

nope, never found it. Thanks for the hint though! Maybe ill make it a project

Top Liked Posts