[MODEM]CWM-UCKK2_Modem

Search This thread

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
It kicks but in my area...eh ...different modems work better in different areas...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

Jep56

Nov 10, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Thank a bunch! Will test for a day or so! As of 4 hours agho, wifi is great, gps is very accurate and fast to lock.

chrscap

Oct 26, 2011
Testing for 2 days now and only issues I see is slightly more battery drain than KK1 and stability. Incredibly fast.

Sent from my SGH-I997

Axiomkid

Jan 6, 2009
I'd hate having to screw up my Stock Froyo 2.2 build. Is there anyone here who can put the UCKH1 modem in a zip for me incase I don't like this modem.

dman3285

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
Rome, Ga.
My bad koriotto...I looked and couldn't find where anyone had posted a flashable zip of this.modem yet....of course I'm sick so probably wasn't concentrating to well either

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

chrscap

Oct 26, 2011
Been testing for a few days and found higher dl speeds by 2mb and my record at 6.75 down. Battery drain has a slight increase compared to KK1. Ill continue to stick with it.

SF bay area.

Sent from my SGH-I997

Kevinr678

Sep 9, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
Anyone know what's causing the 160+ word text message fail issue on these newer modems? The last time a 160+ word text sent for me was on UCKI3, which I am currently on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

jvanlew

Anyone know what's causing the 160+ word text message fail issue on these newer modems? The last time a 160+ word text sent for me was on UCKI3, which I am currently on.

I send 160+ texts to my wife all the time (we text a lot, lol) and have never had a problem. She's on ATT also but the MMS app has no idea what provider the recipient is using before it sends. I assume it's failing when trying to send and not at some other point (like mms deliver confirmation or something).

Kevinr678

Sep 9, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
I send 160+ texts to my wife all the time (we text a lot, lol) and have never had a problem. She's on ATT also but the MMS app has no idea what provider the recipient is using before it sends. I assume it's failing when trying to send and not at some other point (like mms deliver confirmation or something).

Well the weird thing is that it's happened with every new modem and I've tried to send a bunch of 160+ texts. I'll send them to myself as well for confirmation and try don't send. And I text my girlfriend a lot as well, and she's on ATT. I just can't figure this out to save my life, lol.

hollywood528

Nov 6, 2010
San Diego, CA

+1 ... I have had the exact same problem. 160+ character fails to send on any new modem. Last modem that let me was UCKI3, which I got decent speeds with and was pretty stable.

This KK2 is a little faster, the wifi may be just a little more stable... but I miss being able to send long texts :(

I might make the switch back to KI3 just for the long text message capability...

Kevinr678

Sep 9, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
+1 ... I have had the exact same problem. 160+ character fails to send on any new modem. Last modem that let me was UCKI3, which I got decent speeds with and was pretty stable.

This KK2 is a little faster, the wifi may be just a little more stable... but I miss being able to send long texts :(

I might make the switch back to KI3 just for the long text message capability...

Ha! I'm not crazy! Anybody know anything about this? Because I honestly can't figure it out at all :confused:

madman_sle

Mar 18, 2011
Athens, GA
I've also had issues with every new modem when it comes to the 160+ characters with texting. I'm currently on UCKJ1, its the latest one without the issue and I get great speeds on it. But I always check when a new one comes out and its always there!

Kevinr678

Sep 9, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
I've also had issues with every new modem when it comes to the 160+ characters with texting. I'm currently on UCKJ1, its the latest one without the issue and I get great speeds on it. But I always check when a new one comes out and its always there!

Well, if anyone has any idea what could cause this, let us know, lol. I've thought long and hard and can't figure it out. Probably something simple, to be honest.

Top Liked Posts