[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][Grouper]PAC-ROM 4.4.4.RC-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

at2smithjason

Feb 16, 2012
Washington
I tried this last night and I loved it. But I decided to try PA 3 since thats what I have on my A2. I have been on all of the ROMS on here for the N7, but I kept going back to stock. Well I just reinstalled this on my N7 and I think that I found my daily driver. Thanks for the excellent ROM.

Reactions: MadCobbler

invd

Aug 11, 2007
Is it just me or is there anybody else having a cut-off date in TabletUI notification area (see "screenshot")? BTW: Great rom, it is unbelievable how fast and stable it is with all those features integrated into one rom!

20130325_132645-P8Ybrw8o.jpg

borkan

Sep 11, 2010
Traverse City
Re: [WIP][ROM][JB 4.2.2][PA3.10][AOKP-MR1][CM10.1]P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[14/03][V22.

Is it just me or is there anybody else having a cut-off date in TabletUI notification area (see "screenshot")? BTW: Great rom, it is unbelievable how fast and stable it is with all those features integrated into one rom!

20130325_132645-P8Ybrw8o.jpg

The cut off date probably comes from PA since it does that in tablet mode as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: invd

Cyda

May 12, 2010
Yeah, I'm getting the same cut off date, in fact that is the only bug I can find with this rom as it is pretty much flawless for me in all other aspects. Really liking the rom.

nickman529

Dec 25, 2012
Southaven, MS
Im going to flash this later and see about the date issue. In PA 3.15 it doesn't have that problem in TabUI so maybe if we update the PA features itll be fixed... Unless its coming from AOKP's joke of TabUI

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Hmmm Also AOKP is an older build. I am sure its still the best rom, it just needs a little upgrade to its builds. Ill try to pull the stuff from AOKP mr1 Build 5 and PA 3.15 tonight and recompile it all. If I can get it all done ill message you OP.

ChaosChris

May 5, 2011
Hamburg
apextracker.de
AW: [WIP][ROM][JB 4.2.2][PA3.10][AOKP-MR1][CM10.1]P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[14/03][V22.

Great Work! Coming from pa and there is a huge speed improvement on PAC feels so much faster than pa. Thank you for your work :thumbup:

Gesendet von meinem Nexus S mit Tapatalk 2

nickman529

Dec 25, 2012
Southaven, MS
Hmmmm. Honestly. Its good. But its missing some good features. CRT animations and NAV bar tweaks aren't available. I wish it had some more features built in. I may look at porting some. But in the meantime I'm gonna test drive other ROMs.

bigmase521

Jun 14, 2007
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Re: [WIP][ROM][JB 4.2.2][PA3.10][AOKP-MR1][CM10.1]P.A.C True All in 1 ROM[14/03][V22.

I had been wanting to test out a new ROM on my N7 for awhile, and last night I decided to check this one out and I'm glad I did! It's incredible so far.

Only issue I've found so far is in Phablet mode navigation buttons: I assigned long press of home to recents, and it glitches. It brings up a blank black screen with only a clear button in the bottom left. If I touch anywhere on the screen, it goes back to the home screen. If I long press again the recents show up, but as soon as I let go of the button, the screen goes back to the blank black screen. If I use the recents button it behaves normally, so must be something with long press. I came from AOKP PUB and didn't experience this, so maybe it's something from one of the other ROMS? Not a big deal since I use the recents button, just something I noticed that may affect others who might not.

Thank you for all of your hard work and keep it coming! Can't wait for updates as I'm sure this is my daily driver paired with M-Kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

nickman529

Dec 25, 2012
Southaven, MS

Can we update the build to build 5 of aokp and 3.15 of PA. I can't compile it right

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Hupro1971

Mar 21, 2013
I really like this ROM. A couple of things though. As said earlier the tablet mode date gets cut off. Also under hardware info in the setting it maybe only me but instead of saying Tegra 3 it says ARM ARM V7 i also checked and geekbench said the same. Other than that the performance is great with Francos kernel. I did get a little bit better performance with CM10.1 nighties but I'm sure since this is still a WIP that it will be better. Cant wait for the next update. Thanks for the hard work.

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012

Also under hardware info in the setting it maybe only me but instead of saying Tegra 3 it says ARM ARM V7 i also checked and geekbench said the same.

Well, technically it's correct since Tegra 3 is ARM v7 based CPU

PVL_93_RU

Apr 20, 2012

Hope that Tilapia will get some PAC love too:)

nickman529

Dec 25, 2012
Southaven, MS

Okay so in attempting to help with upgrading builds I made a build with all the latest versions of the ROMs for grouper and tilapia(hopefully). Now its nowhere near stable enough but with build 6 of AOKP now and pa 3.15 gimme a few days ;) I'll have a birthday present for you guys.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

And I'll try tilapia no promises as I don't have one

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Wow. One of THE BEST roms android devices ( or the owners ) could wish for. Tried PAC on a couple of devices before and loved it,but I was disappointed when there was none for N7. Just got to know there was a thread sitting in Original dev by vertigo, and boy! You cannot imagine how happy I am now. Downloading right away! Thank you so much vertigo and team! :D

P.S. thanks a lot for the sources too, I shall build PAC on my own now :)

nickman529

Dec 25, 2012
Southaven, MS

Wow. One of THE BEST roms android devices ( or the owners ) could wish for. Tried PAC on a couple of devices before and loved it,but I was disappointed when there was none for N7. Just got to know there was a thread sitting in Original dev by vertigo, and boy! You cannot imagine how happy I am now. Downloading right away! Thank you so much vertigo and team! :D

P.S. thanks a lot for the sources too, I shall build PAC on my own now :)

Let me know if you can build anything useful. I can't seem to get the build of mine to be stable enough to release to the public.

TheDarkDefender

Aug 5, 2012
Reston, VA
Let me know if you can build anything useful. I can't seem to get the build of mine to be stable enough to release to the public.

Assuming you are referring to PAC builds,what is going wrong when you build ?

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

@Vertigo:
The grouper commits are very old. https://github.com/PAC-man/android_device_asus_grouper

Am I in the wrong link, or haven't you uploaded the 4.2.2 based Sources yet ?

The present commits are for Jellybean/jellybean-stable only. Please let me know.

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
Assuming you are referring to PAC builds,what is going wrong when you build ?

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

@Vertigo:
The grouper commits are very old. https://github.com/PAC-man/android_device_asus_grouper

Am I in the wrong link, or haven't you uploaded the 4.2.2 based Sources yet ?

The present commits are for Jellybean/jellybean-stable only. Please let me know.

Yeah I always use CM github for device files and kernel files

@bluefa1con

Thought you were supposed to concentrating on your exams lol ;)
I will upload to goo when I'm home from work, and I'll send pull request with the dependencies etc. so it can be added to buildbot... not done it yet as I wanted to make sure it was ok first

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts