Nook HD+ for viewing photos

Search This thread

garrypenny

May 23, 2014
Hello,
I take lots of photos and at the moment have a Nexus 10 to store and view them on. I like the Nexus 10 but the colour reproduction is a bit 'washed out' compared to viewing the same photos on my laptop or MotoG phone.
I am wondering if my photos would look brighter and more colourful on a Nook HD+. Does anybody have both the Nexus and Nook - how do they compare?
Any opinions much appreciated.

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Hello,
I take lots of photos and at the moment have a Nexus 10 to store and view them on. I like the Nexus 10 but the colour reproduction is a bit 'washed out' compared to viewing the same photos on my laptop or MotoG phone.
I am wondering if my photos would look brighter and more colourful on a Nook HD+. Does anybody have both the Nexus and Nook - how do they compare?

I don't have both but if you take your Nexus to the store you can browse photos from the web on each as they usually have free wireless at B&N that would let you test, providing you have a B&N nearby. That would let you see the difference yourself. I love the way pictures look on my HD+ but as I said earlier I don't have a nexus to compare it with.

Reactions: garrypenny

Korgy

Mar 30, 2014
My Nook HD plus still seems to look better than most of the tablets I have seen. This may just be a personal bias of course. Plus I only had to pay $100 for an open android tablet.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk

tigerucla

Aug 23, 2014
Don't know if it's too late, but thought I'd chime in here. I don't have a Nexus tablet, but I have had a Nexus One phone. I bought the HD+ specifically to use as a photo frame (highly recommend the Social Frame HD app). I find the colors on the HD+ to be very bright and vibrant, even more than on my computer. My photos really pop, now. Of course, I'm sure there must be ways to tweak with settings. But out of the box, I am really happy with the color saturation of the HD+, not to mention the high resolution. Hope this helps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I don't have both but if you take your Nexus to the store you can browse photos from the web on each as they usually have free wireless at B&N that would let you test, providing you have a B&N nearby. That would let you see the difference yourself. I love the way pictures look on my HD+ but as I said earlier I don't have a nexus to compare it with.
    My Nook HD plus still seems to look better than most of the tablets I have seen. This may just be a personal bias of course. Plus I only had to pay $100 for an open android tablet.

Sent from my BN Nook HD using Tapatalk
    Don't know if it's too late, but thought I'd chime in here. I don't have a Nexus tablet, but I have had a Nexus One phone. I bought the HD+ specifically to use as a photo frame (highly recommend the Social Frame HD app). I find the colors on the HD+ to be very bright and vibrant, even more than on my computer. My photos really pop, now. Of course, I'm sure there must be ways to tweak with settings. But out of the box, I am really happy with the color saturation of the HD+, not to mention the high resolution. Hope this helps