LG expo on Tmobile

Search This thread

Meteo

Jul 25, 2006
Hey all,

Im interested in getting an LG Expo, unlocking it and using it on Tmobile. Has anyone tried doing this yet? Have you gotten data connections to work (ie tzones)? Id rather not be a pioneer :)

cmstackar

Oct 19, 2008
there both gsm, and if its unlocked, then it will work. will not get 3g though

cigarguy7

Feb 2, 2010
Lg Expo GW820

I just got the expo and am trying to do the same. The problem happening right now is getting the unlock codes from at&t. They're claiming they don't have the codes yet from the manufacturer. Once you get the subsidy codes you should be up and running. I will post the codes as soon as I receive them from at&t.

davi23

Jan 1, 2010
I just got the expo and am trying to do the same. The problem happening right now is getting the unlock codes from at&t. They're claiming they don't have the codes yet from the manufacturer. Once you get the subsidy codes you should be up and running. I will post the codes as soon as I receive them from at&t.

aren't unlock codes generated from IMEI? i.e. the unlock code that works for your eXpo will not work for mine.

Meteo

Jul 25, 2006
cheaper mayb.. but def not as reliable coverage. or as fast without 3g.. i guess it all boils down to what your needs are

MUCH cheaper. I pay $5 a month for unlimited (but slow) internet. Enough to do light browsing, check email, and get RSS feeds

Good to see that it is working on Tmobile tho, Ill have to get one now

phoneman09

Dec 22, 2009
My brother owns one and he has had for a month or two now on the tmobile network and it works great. I highly recommend it if you have not already purchased one.

CPO_Kim

Jul 29, 2010
This is the best prepaid phone I ever have in my life. Brought the phone after cash back and all = less than $118 on ebay, phone was a Demo used for a week, so it was basically brand new with everything still in the box. Add the T-mobile prepaid sim card with 157 minute and gold memberships, cost buying it from my brother, $5 and a bag of Doritos. So my new prepaid phone comes out to be less than $125 and it is going to cost me $10 for 35 extra minutes and 1 whole year of service. So my phone service is going to cost me $0.83 cent a month for emergency uses while I can used wifi for internet connection since my campus has free wifi. :D:p

And a shout out to wahida76, thank you very much, I owed you one.

Last edited:

LC1983

Nov 12, 2010
Lg expo

Hello everyone i just got a Lg Expo today and i need it unlocked... i tryed calling AT&T and LG and they said they cant do it so does anyone know how i can unlock my phone

AstainHellbring

Jan 22, 2007
SLC
Hello everyone i just got a Lg Expo today and i need it unlocked... i tryed calling AT&T and LG and they said they cant do it so does anyone know how i can unlock my phone

They can but you may not have had it long enough or something like that. I have my expo unlocked with sim unlock code that I got from att. All I had to do was call them up and say I needed the unlock for "a trip to europe" to use a local sim :)