Froyo for AT&T/Rogers (build EPE54B)

Search This thread

bluezz

Jul 2, 2008
Toronto
I have been checking the massive froyo thread since it was on page 7 (now its > 120 pages) but still no love for AT&T/Rogers Nexus one.
My phone is unrooted and running stock rom with Firmware on 2.1-update1 and build EPE54B. Can people who have froyo on their at&t nexus one please post a step by step guide?

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
id really like this answered too..i dont want to take a risk and brick my N1.. so far all the guides are ERE27..

The update zip as it stands is only for ERE27-FroYo... sorry.

That makes no sense.

The guides are ERE27 only because that's the latest Eclair update. You need 2.1 update 1 to be able to jump to Froyo. You guys have the AT&T/Rogers version, which has a newer radio than those of us with the T-mobile compatible versions. If you're on the AT&T version, you already have the most recent update and can simply flash the file everyone's talking about. If it weren't compatible for some reason, the file would not flash and simply give you an error message. So there's no risk here.

bluezz

Jul 2, 2008
Toronto
I saw many at&t owners have froyo successfully flashed. They flashed to ERE27 first. Does that need rooting?

bluezz

Jul 2, 2008
Toronto
That makes no sense.

The guides are ERE27 only because that's the latest Eclair update. You need 2.1 update 1 to be able to jump to Froyo. You guys have the AT&T/Rogers version, which has a newer radio than those of us with the T-mobile compatible versions. If you're on the AT&T version, you already have the most recent update and can simply flash the file everyone's talking about. If it weren't compatible for some reason, the file would not flash and simply give you an error message. So there's no risk here.

Anyone tried this?

timbro

May 22, 2010
That makes no sense.

the update file is labeled signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24.zip

ATT/Rogers version is running build EPE54B. The update is from ERE27 to FRF50

pjcforpres

Nov 11, 2008
CR
That makes no sense.

I guess the 20 pages of 100% stock AT&T guys not being able to flash this are just morons then.

The update zip only lets you go from ERE27 to FroYo. Those with an "AT&T version" and FroYo had to flash ERE27 first... that also means unlocking the boot loader.

jasrups

Sep 24, 2009
Winnipeg
Yup, AT&T/Rogers folks are going to have to wait unless they want to unlock their bootloader, flash to the 27 build and then update to FroYo.

At this point there's no point to unlock the bootloader if you've waited this long already. Keep your warranty and wait a little longer, I'm sure an update for the Rogers build will surface soon.

uansari1

Jul 27, 2008
Karachi
I guess the 20 pages of 100% stock AT&T guys not being able to flash this are just morons then.

The update zip only lets you go from ERE27 to FroYo. Those with an "AT&T version" and FroYo had to flash ERE27 first... that also means unlocking the boot loader.

Yup, AT&T/Rogers folks are going to have to wait unless they want to unlock their bootloader, flash to the 27 build and then update to FroYo.

At this point there's no point to unlock the bootloader if you've waited this long already. Keep your warranty and wait a little longer, I'm sure an update for the Rogers build will surface soon.

That sucks.

bluezz

Jul 2, 2008
Toronto

What a bummer! Yeah I have waited this long to preserve my phone's virgini.. I mean warranty so I guess I'll wait longer.
At least its good to know that the build for at&t and rogers is the same!

Kpow

Apr 13, 2009
Orlando
I have the AT&T N1, and earlier today I flashed and formatted my phone back to new. I now have Froyo and it's working fine.