FORUMS

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,658 posts
Thanks Meter: 30,034

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2019, 05:35 PM |#31131  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Don't use EncFs with BETA B19100410.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2019, 07:54 PM |#31132  
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Don't use EncFs with BETA B19100410.

on 04-10 beta. still not getting the renaming right. would you please comment on my previous post and help out?
5th October 2019, 08:46 AM |#31133  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Rename with full name has bug
(Bug Report) Rename function couldn't add extension while changing from name to full name with file name has multiple dots on v6.39.4

Version: 6.39.4

Reproduce:
1. Select a file which full name is 'aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd';
2. Click Rename;
3. While 'Name' is selected normally as 'aaa.bbb.ccc', click 'Full Name', the input field won't add extension to 'aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd', but keeping 'aaa.bbb.ccc';
4. Then click 'Name', the input field now remove 'ccc' at the end and show 'aaa.bbb';
5. Until there is only 'aaa' in the input field with 'Name' selected and then click 'Full name' it will add extension at the end and show 'aaa.ddd'

Thanks
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to c3394388 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c3394388 Ad-Free
5th October 2019, 10:21 AM |#31134  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank93

here’s a screencast - https://i.imgur.com/TR91dFg.mp4 - displaying cx explorer first, connecting to "astfgl" and then to "quez" (the names of those windows machines) quickly; afterwards the same with mixplorer, the connection to "astfgl" is perfect, the connection to "quez" takes 20 seconds. to connect.

in the latest beta (6.39.5 b19100420) the "search local"-link - when adding a smb-bookmark - suddenly doesn’t show the name of the (slow connecting) machine anymore, BUT the name of the workgroup (under the same/old/correct IP though). the connection itself takes just as long as before though, the only difference is the name that it finds before.
the name it finds for the "correct working" other windows-machine is still the name of that machine.

not sure if this "means" anything, just wanted to report it ...
5th October 2019, 03:38 PM |#31135  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0han

i did a clean install of the latest beta. restored my settings from a backup; sorting is by 'date (newer)'. i have five files for renaming. i long press the first (the oldest). then I long press the last (the newest). please see screenshots for the results of my test. i don't get what exactly is meant by 'Long press to select between last two selected files' and 'Sort by datetime'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3394388

(Bug Report) Rename function couldn't add extension while changing from name to full name with file name has multiple dots on v6.39.4

Version: 6.39.4

Reproduce:
1. Select a file which full name is 'aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd';
2. Click Rename;
3. While 'Name' is selected normally as 'aaa.bbb.ccc', click 'Full Name', the input field won't add extension to 'aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd', but keeping 'aaa.bbb.ccc';
4. Then click 'Name', the input field now remove 'ccc' at the end and show 'aaa.bbb';
5. Until there is only 'aaa' in the input field with 'Name' selected and then click 'Full name' it will add extension at the end and show 'aaa.ddd'

Thanks

Please try the latest beta and tell me the result. Thank you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HootanParsa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th October 2019, 07:47 PM |#31136  
Thanks Meter: 1,337

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HootanParsa

Please try the latest beta and tell me the result. Thank you.

It works okay now, but I noticed that it still takes a cue from the order the touch (selection) is registered. I first selected the newest file (top of the list) and then I long pressed the oldest file (bottom of the list); whereupon the renaming was done in the reverse order. See second screenshot. On further testing, I noticed that when I touched (selected) files in the order 5,3,4,1,2, the files where renamed in that order itself. See third screenshot. While this could come in handy in certain situations, I hope you will be able to make the renaming respect the timestamps also and not just the order of touch (selection). Some kind of an option, maybe. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191005-223900.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	4836195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191005-223940.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	4836197   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191005-224121.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	4836199  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m0han For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m0han Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 01:33 AM |#31137  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Encfs folder copy problem
I can confirm the same problem as 123xdagsm. I tried to copy multiple files and folders into a encfs directory. Files copied fine, directory was created, but the app threw an error "not supported" and stopped copying when it tried to copy the first file contained within a folder. (I.e. copied file.ext, created directory/, but failed copying directory/file2.ext).
6th October 2019, 11:04 AM |#31138  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
version 7 when
6th October 2019, 11:18 AM |#31139  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 1,161

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aviranx

version 7 when

Wrong question, mate.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marciozomb13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift marciozomb13 Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 11:23 AM |#31140  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Translator
Flag Preserving Air Supremacy over XDA
Thanks Meter: 9,258

More
Quote:

version 7 when

Most likely when Hootan is ready...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oswald Boelcke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oswald Boelcke Ad-Free
6th October 2019, 01:46 PM |#31141  
日本
Thanks Meter: 4,361

More
Quote:

version 7 when

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE 7th VERSION ! Son, we live in a world that has data, and that data has to be guarded by managers with files. Who's gonna do it ? You ? You, aviranx ? Hootan Parsa has a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for a version, and you curse the developers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what they know -- that version 6, while not as shiny as 7, probably saved lives; and its existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. *

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ultramanoid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ultramanoid Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)