[Daydream][4.0+] Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

Search This thread

guyshomenet

Nov 1, 2022
Not working on Tab S6 Lite (fully updated).

Factory screen saver apps (photos, colors, etc.) do work, but Lucid DOA.

mtandrup

Apr 14, 2011
If the ability to disable the screensaver with just a single tap on the screen is added, this will be the perfect screensaver for my use case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I couldn't find any Daydream for my finally arrived Nexus 7 Dock which fulfills all my needs, I started developing my own one. I'm quite happy with the result and present you:
    Lucid - DayDream Screensaver

The main screen of the screensaver is the clock view, which you can see in the 1st attached screenshot. Besides the moving clock & date it can also show:
    • battery level
    • weather
    • unread GMails
    • missed calls
    • new SMS texts
    • next alarm

Also, you get buttons at the bottom to:
    • toggle night-mode (dim the screen)
    • start RSS view (3rd screenshot)
    • start Slideshow view
    • play/pause music (not every music app is supported)

You can change nearly every color/text size from the configuration screen. On Android 4.2, you'll find the Daydream in the Android settings app -> Display -> Daydream. For older versions, there is a launcher icon in your app drawer and the app can automatically start when the device is connected to a power source or placed in a dock.

The app comes as a trial version, in which the use of the daydream is limited to 30 minutes. You can purchase the full version from an in-app option for a fair 0.50 EUR / 0.99 USD.

Download: Play Store

The screensaver should work with every 4.0+ device, however I could only test it on my Nexus 4 & 7. So if you have any issues, let me know :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lucid - Daydream, App for the Paid Software Discussion

Contributors
    j4velin

Version Information

Created 2014-11-06
    Last Updated 2014-11-06
    I have used Lucid Daydream for many years every evening starting in 2013. About six months ago it stopped displaying weather (neither source displays at all, ever) and I've no RSS feed icon, it never showed at all. How can I restore the two functions? I'm using it on a Moto z4 running Android 10.
    When i purchase, the only thing that changed is "Purchase App" disappeared.
    Is this correct / ok ?
    it also removed the 30 min limit on the daydream, but that's currently all. and i'll maybe implement some premium-only features in the future

Secondly, if i want to change date format, can i make it into
    dd.MMM, YYYY or something like that ?
    yes, but use small "y" for the year. you can find all available identifiers here: http://developer.android.com/reference/java/text/SimpleDateFormat.html
    It has started to freeze!
    display not rotating

I have a Xiaomi Redmi Note 9. I've noticed that in the preview the time rotates as you rotate the phone, but when the app activates the time ignores phone rotation. Auto-rotate screen is turned on.