[ROM] [4.2.2] [UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 for ChaCha [a810e / Status] [28.05.2013]

Search This thread

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
CyanogeMod 10.1 for HTC ChaCha [a810e / Status]​

Code:
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
 * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
 * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
 * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
 * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
 * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
 * make sure you do a nandroid backup in case your phone blows up in 
 * your face because your phone cant handle the speed :).
 */

Code:
  Google
  Android
  CyanogenMod
  androidarmv6
  OWLProject
  Andreas Schneider
  Special thank to winsuk
  Special thank to JDevs (kernel,Device & Vendor,bug fixed,guide,support)
  alquez
  Droste
  pabloPL
  WFS:     crossfire77  rallapag
  ChaCha:  adumont (patches     Lucas Arran
  everyone who's been working on CM10.1
  And you!

Code:
- GSM
- Data (2G/3G)
- SMS / MMS
- GPS     ???
- USB
- Bluetooth
- WI-FI
- LED
- Camera
- Photocamera [fully]
- Camcoder (low FPS)
- Panorama mode  [figured screen sometimes,It can be fixed easily]
- Video playback [not fully, with the 90º rotation playback,It can be fixed easily]
- YouTube [LQ/HQ/Browser] ???
- FM ???
??? I have not tested them

BUG:
Code:
- Battery drain fast
- Front camera
- USB Tethering
- Wi-Fi-Modem
- A2DP lag
- FM Radio 
- in-call screen - caller picture is not in the right place with the right dimensions.It can be fixed easily

https://github.com/OWLProject/OWL-Predator-KERNEL/blob/master/README.md

NO NEXT

BUT I'll upload my source files and step-by-step guide on my github(https://github.com/luzifer1984). a few days later.

I'm Chinese,so I would not compile next ROM for WWE.

My next build is only support for HTC CN CHS.

You can build a rom from source. plz add zh_CN (Chinese Simplified) support. THX!

cm-10.1-20130528-EXPERIMENTAL-chacha-A1.zip
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2l4GSuwT6TKMExrRXpmXzZyb3M/edit

CronMod-INT2EXT
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

Screenshot_2013-05-28-12-10-08.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-22-30.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-22-48.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-33-35.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-35-04.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-27-11.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-26-07.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-24-13.png

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
I havent tested this yet - I will this evening. but. if this works.. THANK YOU. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR FIXING THE DIALPAD. :p
although I still think the "end call" onscreen button is not necessary.
We need to figure out how to map the End Call button(the red physical button) to end the call(if you havent already) and the number keys(physical keys) need to also input on the dialpad just as they do in CM9(again, havent tested yet. if they do, you're amazing. :p)
The "Call" or Green physical button should call the number onscreen, or from the home screen it should open the recently called list.
If you can fix all this stuff(or have already) I'll give you money. lol

Reactions: lil.masoud

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
Am I dreaming? This is amazing news! WOW. WOW. Great. Need to test this asap! Hopefully someone build one for us using your source. To who that would make a build for us: do not forget TURKISH language please!

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

By the way, why not you make builds for EU, too? I mean, It shouldn't take some time for you to add a couple of more languages whenever you make a new build.

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
MD5sum: 5b7ccba99f8b63087696568c85070808

I didn't fix the screen layout of the dialpad. that have been fixed by CM10.1

Last edited:

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
So you have made to first custom kernel for the ChaCha?

Do you intend to work on the kernel? Because even if you don't update the ROM, but you keep the kernel source updated I can build it and make a flashable zip.

The battery life is probably a kernel issue right?

Edit: running it now. The slow wakeup bug from CM10 is fixed. Everything is great, except for battery. I hope there is a breakthrough with that. Thanks for the ROM!

Last edited:

ajeevlal

May 11, 2008
Houston
Google Pixel 8
Flashed this rom yesterday, looks some of the issues with CM 10 is fixed with 10.1.
If you are looking for gapps for 10.1, the slim version can be found in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265564
I don’t see major issue with battery drain, it got discharged 25% after 12 hours of usage without wifi or data.
a) Lock screen is completely fixed with CM10.1 and fits wells within the screen
b) In call screen is neatly tailored for landscape
c) Apollo player works in landscape

Some of the things which needs fix
a) Caller id screen is overlapped, and it is very difficult see the caller info
b) Many of the popular application in playstore says ‘This item is not compatible with your device’ example ‘gmail’, ‘apex launcher ‘ etc
c) The proximity sensor is not working.

overall its superb rom, and it alomost complete rom. Thanks bro

Reactions: luzifer1984

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
b) Many of the popular application in playstore says ‘This item is not compatible with your device’ example ‘gmail’, ‘apex launcher ‘ etc

Use any file manager, navigate to /system, look for the build.prop

Thanks to
Furkan DEĞER :

Turns out lcd density is set to 150, which should be 160. I changed it back to 160 and it solved my problem.

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
By the way, why not you make builds for EU, too? I mean, It shouldn't take some time for you to add a couple of more languages whenever you make a new build.

Because chinese need "Lunar support"
" phoneloc (Chinese phone location) display support "
"Chinese keyboard input support by different kernel"

sorry for my english

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
Because chinese need "Lunar support"
" phoneloc (Chinese phone location) display support "
"Chinese keyboard input support by different kernel"

sorry for my english

Oh, I see so you have to work on a different kernel. I see. I want to ask something else. There are some lags, especially occuring in lockscreen and also on the system generally. I see in the wildfire s forums, this was a problem with the kernel and it was fixed a couple of days ago. You said you updated, kernel, device and vendor. Does that mean you applied this fix? Because, I'm setting up environment to build from your gits so, when I pulled the repo from you, will this fix be applied on the kernel?

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
Oh, I see so you have to work on a different kernel. I see. I want to ask something else. There are some lags, especially occuring in lockscreen and also on the system generally. I see in the wildfire s forums, this was a problem with the kernel and it was fixed a couple of days ago. You said you updated, kernel, device and vendor. Does that mean you applied this fix? Because, I'm setting up environment to build from your gits so, when I pulled the repo from you, will this fix be applied on the kernel?

No. I didn't merge OWL-Predator-KERNEL‘s update.

But you can check https://github.com/Luzifer1984/OWL-Predator-KERNEL/commit/b83a499dcbc60b2a18f917de5845d024d905f3f8

and you will kown how to .

just initial import from chacha-gb-crc-2.6.35-1643b58 (HTCDev.com)

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
I wonder, can we use the kernel from the other CM10 rom? would that fix any performance issues? it would likely result in some of the things fixed to be broken again(camera? I dunno) but in terms of battery life and whatnot, I wonder if it would work

That having been said - I tried out the rom, it's very fast, smooth, it does drain the battery faster, but its not -too- bad. I think this has to do with there being no options for governor(or at least, none that I could find)
The rom has fixed most of the layout issues with the ChaCha. The dial screen is very nice, and the physical keys input once again. The lock screen fits properly now too.

I'll definitely have to do some more testing, but theres a few things that need to be fixed still. One is the LCD density in the build.prop - it causes some issues with certain apps.

EDIT: I also just noticed that while the phone is locked, the cpu must get set to a lower clock speed or something. The phone is very slow to respond when you go to unlock it.

Last edited:

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
I wonder, can we use the kernel from the other CM10 rom? would that fix any performance issues? it would likely result in some of the things fixed to be broken again(camera? I dunno) but in terms of battery life and whatnot, I wonder if it would work

That having been said - I tried out the rom, it's very fast, smooth, it does drain the battery faster, but its not -too- bad. I think this has to do with there being no options for governor(or at least, none that I could find)
The rom has fixed most of the layout issues with the ChaCha. The dial screen is very nice, and the physical keys input once again. The lock screen fits properly now too.

I'll definitely have to do some more testing, but theres a few things that need to be fixed still. One is the LCD density in the build.prop - it causes some issues with certain apps.

EDIT: I also just noticed that while the phone is locked, the cpu must get set to a lower clock speed or something. The phone is very slow to respond when you go to unlock it.

Using kernel-kitchen you can extract the ramdisk from the CM10 boot.img and then extract the zImage from the CM10.1 boot.img and then combine the resulting zImage and ramdisk. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I'll try it sometime this weekend.

kronflux

Jun 6, 2012
Edmonton
Samsung Galaxy S7
Google Pixel 2
Using kernel-kitchen you can extract the ramdisk from the CM10 boot.img and then extract the zImage from the CM10.1 boot.img and then combine the resulting zImage and ramdisk. I'm not sure if that makes sense. I'll try it sometime this weekend.

well, I can't be positive as of yet, because I just installed it, but I just grabbed the CPU editor thing from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846967

I set it to On-Demand, changed the minimum frequency a tiny bit higher than the default, and set the max to 800. So far it seems like its better on the battery, but again, just installed it like 20 minutes ago, so I'll have to give it some time in testing.

Reactions: atrix4g18

luzifer1984

Mar 8, 2012
well, I can't be positive as of yet, because I just installed it, but I just grabbed the CPU editor thing from here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1846967

I set it to On-Demand, changed the minimum frequency a tiny bit higher than the default, and set the max to 800. So far it seems like its better on the battery, but again, just installed it like 20 minutes ago, so I'll have to give it some time in testing.

:p

"Settings"--"About phone" AND press "Build number" 3times to enabled development settings .

then go back "Settings" ,there have show "Performance" .

AND in "Processor" you will see this rom default setting is On-Demand.

CONFIG_MSM_CPU_FREQ_ONDEMAND_MAX=800000
CONFIG_MSM_CPU_FREQ_ONDEMAND_MIN=122880

Yes, you are correct completely.

I also just noticed that while the phone is locked, the cpu must get set to a lower clock speed or something. The phone is very slow to respond when you go to unlock it."

that can be save power, I guess

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul

I don't understand the "very fast, smooth" part. It is not like that for me. Rom is occasionally lagging. When scrolling especially. Sometimes it freezes completely. I believe it's kernel related.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogeMod 10.1 for HTC ChaCha [a810e / Status]​

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, broken hearts,
     * thermonuclear war, you getting fired because the alarm app failed, or 
     * unfulfilled sexual partners. Please do some research if you have any 
     * concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are
     * choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me
     * for messing up your device, I will point that finger back at you and laugh.
     * make sure you do a nandroid backup in case your phone blows up in 
     * your face because your phone cant handle the speed :).
     */

Code:
      Google
      Android
      CyanogenMod
      androidarmv6
      OWLProject
      Andreas Schneider
      Special thank to winsuk
      Special thank to JDevs (kernel,Device & Vendor,bug fixed,guide,support)
      alquez
      Droste
      pabloPL
      WFS:     crossfire77  rallapag
      ChaCha:  adumont (patches     Lucas Arran
      everyone who's been working on CM10.1
      And you!

Code:
    - GSM
    - Data (2G/3G)
    - SMS / MMS
    - GPS     ???
    - USB
    - Bluetooth
    - WI-FI
    - LED
    - Camera
    - Photocamera [fully]
    - Camcoder (low FPS)
    - Panorama mode  [figured screen sometimes,It can be fixed easily]
    - Video playback [not fully, with the 90º rotation playback,It can be fixed easily]
    - YouTube [LQ/HQ/Browser] ???
    - FM ???
    ??? I have not tested them

BUG:
    Code:
    - Battery drain fast
    - Front camera
    - USB Tethering
    - Wi-Fi-Modem
    - A2DP lag
    - FM Radio 
    - in-call screen - caller picture is not in the right place with the right dimensions.It can be fixed easily

https://github.com/OWLProject/OWL-Predator-KERNEL/blob/master/README.md

NO NEXT

BUT I'll upload my source files and step-by-step guide on my github(https://github.com/luzifer1984). a few days later.

I'm Chinese,so I would not compile next ROM for WWE.

My next build is only support for HTC CN CHS.

You can build a rom from source. plz add zh_CN (Chinese Simplified) support. THX!

cm-10.1-20130528-EXPERIMENTAL-chacha-A1.zip
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2l4GSuwT6TKMExrRXpmXzZyb3M/edit

CronMod-INT2EXT
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

Screenshot_2013-05-28-12-10-08.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-22-30.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-22-48.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-33-35.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-35-04.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-27-11.png

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-26-07.jpg

Screenshot_2013-05-28-14-24-13.png
    meantime, i tried compile using the old backup kernal (Luzifer1984/OWL-Predator-KERNEL_BAK) and it worked.... now testing the new rom in progress... will release it if i dont find any issues.

Thanks for all your help
    with your advice the incall screen is fixed, but i was not able get the proximity sensor work with the patch from adumont.... do i need to apply all the patches available in five folders under 'adumont/android_device_htc_chacha / extra / patch /' or just the patches in folder 'android_packages_apps_Phone'?

and i have released the compiled rom.... all credits go to you man. Thank you :good:

just the patches in folder 'android_packages_apps_Phone'.
    Have u patch up 'android_packages_apps_Phone' patches ?

AND Phone/res/layout-land/incall_touch_ui.xml fix "in-call screen - caller picture"

And thanks for your time. release ur new rom. thx

with your advice the incall screen is fixed, but i was not able get the proximity sensor work with the patch from adumont.... do i need to apply all the patches available in five folders under 'adumont/android_device_htc_chacha / extra / patch /' or just the patches in folder 'android_packages_apps_Phone'?

and i have released the compiled rom.... all credits go to you man. Thank you :good:
    Hey, I tried to download the Facebook app but it's not supported. Is this because of the custom kernel? Will there be a port?

Thanks,
    Ninja~

go to /system and find the build.prop file and search for this line "ro.sf.lcd.density=150" and change it to "160" and reboot into recovery and wipe data and cache all will go right with all apps in the play store