[Q] Recovery Issue.

Search This thread

jonmos75

Oct 5, 2010
Hello,

I have had two of the HTC ONE (M7) Sprint from when they just came out and rooted, installed TWRP 2.5.0.0 HBOOT-1.44.0000 S-OFF and no issues and just got a new phone for my son so I wanted to unlock the boot loader and install TWRP, and maybe a custom ROM later so my adventures start.

HTC ONE (M7) Sprint
HBOOT-1.56.0000
S-ON

So everything was going good got the boot loader unlocked and was following: http://qbking77.com/development/how-to-root-the-htc-one-international-sprint-att/

Which I have used before with no problems.

My issue is I flashed TWRP 2.5.0.0 and I believe this version does not work with Hboot 1.56 because I am not able to touch any of the buttons to do anything and then when I refresh the screen I get the padlock icon with the slider to unlock, but still no control it was like frozen only way to get it back is to hold down the power button and the vol down keys. Phone reboots and when I go into the Boot loader I get" Tampered (which I believe means that I have a custom recovery (that doesn't work...lol) then unlocked witch is the boot loader, which I believe is correct to have.

So then I when to try to just flash the newest version TWRP 2.7.0.1 and I also tried 2.6.3.0, and I kept getting the same error in CMD fastboot:

target reported max download size of 1514139648 bytes
error: cannot load 'recovery.img': No error

I thought maybe I should try to put CWM on and then I could then put back on TWRP, but when I did this I got the same error:

error: cannot load 'recovery.img': No error

Need some help and guidance of how to get this so I can put a working custom recovery on this phone. I don't have an issue to have to go back to factory reset if that is the only way to fix this.

Thanks in Advance
Jon

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.5 KB · Views: 141

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
You have the recovery.img in the folder you are using to open the cmd window?

jonmos75

Oct 5, 2010
what about hidden file extensions? i.e recovery.img.img

Not sure if I have hidden file extentions?

Here is a screen shot of the Folder I am in when I hold down the shift key and right click the mouse and select "Open command window here"

You can see I was trying CWM this last time

Okay update I was able to get CWM v6.0.4.6 on but when it boots up into recovery I get :

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.4.6
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

If I hit Backup and Restore then backup to /sdcard I get:

SD Card space free: 0MB
There may not be enough free space to complete backup... continuing...
Backing up boot image

and then does nothing.

I then tried to flash TWRP 2.0.7.1 threw fast boot and got this error:

C:\Users\Jon\Desktop\OneDrivers_Fastboot\Fastboot>fastboot flash recovery openre
covery-twrp-2.7.0.1-m7wls.img
error: cannot load 'openrecovery-twrp-2.7.0.1-m7wls.img': No error

Hope this helps
Jon

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    76.5 KB · Views: 151

Alex457

Feb 10, 2014
México
For the "can't mount /cache/" error, search for "fix a corrupted partition android" in google, it's from Android Revolution, that worked for me.

BTW, the CWM gives me a lot of problems, so I flashed TWRP 2.8, with no problems, be sure that you are s-off and type correctly the name of the file. Try changing the name to "recovery.img", just to be more easy.

Enviado desde mi HTC One

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have Root Access and TWRP Custom Recovery and SuperSU all working now.

Thanks again.
    Jon