[Q] Bluetooth voice dialing problem

Search This thread

interline

May 24, 2011
Hi

I installed " Cyberon Voice Commander " from the Market on my Galaxy S2.
The first time I used my Bluetooth headset to voice dial, the phone asked me to choose which default program I would like to use for Bluetooth voice dialing, the Cyberon voice commander or the Vlingo voice commands, I chose the Cyberon and from then on every time I pressed the Bluetooth headset it would initiate a call using the Cyberon voice commander.
Recently something changed, every time I am pressing the Bluetooth headset it starts the Vlingo voice commands, no matter what I do I can't go back to use the Cyberon voice commander as my default program, I can only use Cyberon if I open the program through my phone.
I tried using voice input and output settings and looking also through the setting of Cyberon and Vlingo, nothing works.
Could someone tell me what am I doing wrong? How do I change the default back to Cyberon.

Many Thanks.

lwizard

Oct 2, 2007
Same problem

I have the same problem, but Galaxy s2 never asked me what application to set as preferred.. simply I can't set Cyberon to start when pressing BT button.
It always start slingo. Maybe because my GS2 was already updated.

Cyberon wrote me it's a samsung not standard managing of BT events.

From what you wrote it seems that at the beginning the implementetion was standard, than an update broke it up.

Have you updated ROM or are samsung apps updates?

It would be nice to repack the old apps to turn back the possibility to choose BT event.

For now I use Tasker to kill Samsung Voice command process and start cyberon. It works fairy well.. but not always perfectly.

Very annoying!!

Any one??

DrSlump76

May 20, 2011
Hi same problem here. I would like to chose the application to start with the bt headset button, but the phone forces to use the vlingo app.

valdigre

Nov 20, 2010
Dublin
My father has this app on his SGS2 and actually emailed developers about this problem.

The extremely polite and professional support (seriously, I have never read such a concrete and polite reply from a software company, ever!) said, that this is a firmware limitation and they cannot fix it.

I think this started happening after he updated firmware from Polish KF1 to newer one.

They said, that unless Samsung changes this behaviour, they cannot do anything about it, at least they are not aware of the solution for now.

lwizard

Oct 2, 2007
Yes Cyberon folks are very kindly and polite!!

I have found a fix!!

* Root your device
* Set google as default voice recognition instead of vlingo in settings>voice recognition (not sure this is important to do)
* Install Titanium backup (i Have paid full version, but probably you can use free
* Disable "comandi vocali" (Italy) which in english should be like "voice commands"
* Than I have cancelled the BR pairing, restarted the phone and paired BT again...
* Set Cyberon to use long press bt button to start

IT WORKS!!

Ray Adams

Jul 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Android Wear
Hi all.

Yesterday I've updated firmware through KIES to last one for my region. And now I'm facing same problem :(
Before updating it was possible to select which app will be default for voice dial. Now, even after factory reset, phone doesn't ask me which app to use. And I unable to find "Voice Talk" in the list of All applications to change its defaults. :(

I don't want to root device and don't want to install firmware through ODIN. Don't ask why :) Just want my device to be clear.

Any help with this problem will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

stefanjadex

Dec 21, 2006
Hi all.

Today I've updated firmware through KIES to last one (KG2) for my region (Romania). Now I'm facing same problem as all the others. :mad:

Before updating it was possible to select which app will be default for voice dial (Cyberon Voice Speed Dial). Now it is launching the Vlingo by default.

I changed to Google Voice but in vain... It's still launching this useless Vlingo.

Does anybody has found a solution without rooting the phone?

Stefan

kielkiam

Dec 5, 2007
Piacenza
Hi all.

Today I've updated firmware through KIES to last one (KG2) for my region (Romania). Now I'm facing same problem as all the others. :mad:

Before updating it was possible to select which app will be default for voice dial (Cyberon Voice Speed Dial). Now it is launching the Vlingo by default.

I changed to Google Voice but in vain... It's still launching this useless Vlingo.

Does anybody has found a solution without rooting the phone?

Stefan

I applied solution described in post #5. It works fine.
....but you must be rooted

Last edited:

k1sr

Oct 27, 2008
I have a slightly different problem...

I have no issue using Vlingo (if it worked)

Firstly, it's not responding to pressing the button on my bluetooth anymore.
Secondly, when it did, the device had to be unlocked for it to work.

Damn you Vlingo.

niceasmay

Sep 21, 2011
The only legal solution is unfortunately this, as far as I know:

1 Backup the phone
2 Take it to authorized repair service
3 They will "degrade" firmware to the last version which was problem free
4 Restore from backup and hope it will work. More chance to succesfully restore is if you made a backup on previous firmware
5 Reinstall all the apps.

Well done Samsung :(

Bytheway can anyone tell me what was their last firmware that did not have this issue?

Last edited:

niceasmay

Sep 21, 2011
Awful solution.
Anyone with the latest 2.3.4 firmware here? Can you confirm this bug?

I agree but does anyone knows any better without rooting? Everyone must decide the importance of being able to use bluetooth calling from the car. I personaly need it so much I am willing to degrade firmware. I waited with buying gs2 until voice speed dial came up.

k1sr

Oct 27, 2008
Your first question should be how to use the search function in this forum.

K66Y

Jan 12, 2012
Update solved the problem

Hi
Yesterday my Galaxy SII got an update, Android OS got updated from 2.3.4 to version 2.3.6 and Baseband version is now SC02COMKL4.
Now I am able to activate the voice dialing by a long push on the Bluetooth connect button. :D

gabolander

Mar 27, 2011
Rimini, Italy, Adriatic coast
Where's voice input key

Overall wonderful rom!! .. but I couldn't find Mic key for activating voice input in my keyboard, evev if in Settings->Keyboard&Languages->"Voice input key" I set both "on main keyboard" or On symbols keyboard".

Anyone can give me a suggestion?
Tnx.
Gabo :cool:

TUNCAYCETIN

Apr 12, 2008
ISTANBUL

I have found a fix!!

* Root your device
* Set google as default voice recognition instead of vlingo in settings>voice recognition (not sure this is important to do)
* Install Titanium backup (i Have paid full version, but probably you can use free
* Disable "comandi vocali" (Italy) which in english should be like "voice commands"
* Than I have cancelled the BR pairing, restarted the phone and paired BT again...

IT WORKS!!
ANOTHER PROBLEM RELATED WITH THE SAME TOPIC

I can start Cyberon Voice Commander (CVC) with BT headset button.

But there is only one problem that I can not solve anymore:
Everytime Note2 is turned off completely or restarted, I have to reassign the BT headset button to Cyberon Voice Comander.

Is there any genious gentleman to help me ?

Thanks.

Tuncay

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have found a fix!!

* Root your device

IT WORKS!!