[ROM]|7-6-2012|Glazed ICS|3.0 Kernel|Linaro|Glazed Mods|Custom Animations|

Search This thread

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Yes you can. Also note that you will loose your custom animations, working on making a flashable with the animations included.

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Do you guys mind if i upload to depositfiles? It would really help me out ALOT.

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Wow deposit files definitely doesn't have fast download speeds. It estimated 58 min to download rom. But its worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
Just testing this website. If it causes to much problems going to revert to mediafire.

Zyxxeil

Apr 9, 2011
You know what just cancel your downloads i doubt you want to wait that long. Going to go switch to mediafire. Just updated the tweaks post i added 4 if you have any that are cool just contact me and ill add it.

Last edited:
Reactions: powerpoint45

Aesrys

Apr 5, 2012
You know what just cancel your downloads i doubt you want to wait that long. Going to go switch to mediafire. Just updated the tweaks post i added 4 if you have any that are cool just contact me and ill add it.

The download isn't really a huge deal for me, especially since I like the end product.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so0ion.gif

|The Start|

Hey forum im back again with yet another extraordinary rom for you. So lets get started this rom is called glazed ics. What a weird name you ask? Well as you know the glaze on the donut is what makes it so delicious right? So this rom has many tweaks and customizations so that would be the Glaze of ICS. Well anyways enough talk about the name. This rom came to me because i originally started my Simple CM9 rom, i loved that rom and i looked at all the posibilities with it, as i realized later was that Simple means SIMPLE. What makes this rom different from all other roms posted is that it gives you MANY customization options as well as a custom made boot animaton specifically for this rom, it also includes many other tweaks and custom animations. As well as tweaks below that you can flash. Well guys enjoy this rom. Hours of work went into it. :D

|Disclaimer|
    I am not responsible for any damage that is caused by flashing this rom or by modding this rom and flashing etc. I take no responsibility if your kindle breaks, bricks, sets on fire.

|Some of the features this rom offer's|
    *Glazed Mod's
    *Beats Audio
    *Linaro
    *SuperCharged
    *Odexed
    *Optimized speed by modding the .so system
    *Custom Animations
    *Latest 3.0 Kernel
    *Fast bootup
    *Custom Boot Animaton (Made by me from scratch)
    *Volume Slider in Notification
    *Full Gapps
    *SGT7 Status bar options
    *Removed Useless stuff
    *Custom wallpapers in wallpaper chooser.
    *Modded some images for a crisper, sharper view.
    *Many customizable options in the settings
    *A little mod for better battery life
    *CRT tv lock animation
    *Added a cool weather widget You know because ICS needs one.
    *Removed boring ICS wall and replaced with one thats better (Screenshots)​

|Glazed Mod's Features|
    Glazed Mods is a new type of app, it allows customization of the system seemlesly.
    *Update the rom directly from the app. No need to check thread and download then copy.
    *Many mods that you can use for customization.
    *Some mods are universal
    *Download inside the app.
    *Options to boot into Recovery
    *Auto updates with new mods every day. No need to update the app everything will be pushed to the app.​

|Bugs|
    As of now there is only the 3.0 kernel bugs.​

|Downloads|
    July 6th 2012 - Download
    June 30th 2012 - Download
    June 26th 2012 - Download
    June 23rd 2012 - Download
    June 16th 2012 - Download
    June 14th 2012 - Download
    June 11th 2012 - Download

|Changes|
    July 7th
    Changed The Battery Icon
    Animations Are Hyped Up ON Caffeine :)
    Reworked SuperCharger v6
    Default touch sounds are Enabled Now
    Reworked Beats Audio, Now Should Show Up As Icon When Playing Music
    Reworked Updater-Script a bit More
    Out With the SLOW,BUGGY default ICS Browser
    In With Chrome, Much More Stable
    Stability and Performance Fixes
    Added Fast Touch To Nav Bar
    Build Prop Tweaks
    Updated Host Files, Forgot in last update.
    Removed Some More Useless Services, Such As Camera Services + Video Recording
    Tweaked A Little More For Caching Glazed Mods (Makes it load faster)

I might of forgot something, sorry my system decided to randomly delete everything. It had all my changelogs and everything on it, no worries, you see something new just tell me.

June 30th
    Added Linaro
    Rebuilt From Almost Stock CM9
    Updated Glazed Mods To Auto Close On Exit
    Re-added Beats Audio
    Major battery improvements
    Supercharges Your Device On Flash
    Odex's Your Device On Flash
    Built as HDPI
    Play Store Updated To 3.7.11 JellyBean Extracted
    Updated Superuser
    Some Performance Optimizations
    Added Sony Bravia Engine
    Updated Script To WIPE DATA, CACHE, DALVIK CACHE, AND SYSTEM (Because of major upgrades)

June 26th
    Reverted back to old wifi driver
    Fixed battery issues, won't drain battery anymore. Even in sleep.
    No longer gets really hot when using something that uses wifi
    Moved apex to data so it can be removable
    Deleted gmail, its in the Play Store
    Removed the OnDemand governer tweaks since they caused major problems
    Updated Glazed Mods so it can autoclose on exit so it wont use battery in the background
    Updated some apps
    Removed beats audio, will be in Glazed Mods soon

June 23rd
    Added Glazed Mods (Beta so some bugs but so far pretty smooth :p)
    Updated All Apps
    Updated Play store to 3.5.19 (Should resolve problems)
    Removed gmail, you can find it in the play store
    Added a Black Boot Animation if the current one is to bright (Available in Glazed Mods)
    Added Many system Tweaks for faster and smoother usage
    More Build Prop Tweaks
    ONDEMAND governer tweaks (Recommended to use this governer)
    Fixed Alot Of Permissions
    Changed to 30 steps in total instead of 15 in the volume adjustments (It sounds a bit louder, test it yourself)
    Added smooth scrolling hack
    Changed rotation responsiveness to 50ms instead of 500ms. Should also be faster
    Direct Download Link Now (If not working click alternative link)
    Removed Live Wallpapers, there are better ones in the market
    Added Apex Launcher (Choose your default on launch)
    Added Flash Player As Default (Glazed Mods Depends On It)
    Flash Player, and Glazed Mods are removable
    Brought back the old animations, they are much nicer.
    Added Ad-Hoc Support for computers, Should support almost every wifi hotspot or ad-hoc (Hopefully)
    Last update was all CHUNKY and slow, hopefully ligthened up the system. Also it shoud no longer waste battery while sleeping.
    Added update Feature, You can now update from your device by going into Glazed Mods, and looking at updates.

June 16th
    Fixed all DPI problems
    Fixed Play Store Problems
    Added a few Build Prop Tweaks
    Re-did animations for a much faster-smoother experience
    Added a wallpaper due to request
    Added Support For AD-Hoc Networks (Such As Smartphone Tethering)
    Tweaked the Boot Animation a little bit

June 14th
    Big update to visual and performance.
    Updated Gmail
    Updated Host for file blocking
    Added 5 handly picked wallpapers for Glazed ICS.
    Updated a few images for a crisper-sharper home screen
    Updated for new phone mode, look below for some information
    Testing out some battery tweaks
    Changed pixel density for a better overal usage (it should change results of app crashes)
    Updated with a modded vending.apk it should show every app available in the play store.
    Changed wifi sipplicant scan to 240 should save some battery
    Look below for added tweaks and mods

June 11th
    Initial Release
    Fixed Play Store​

|Flashing|
    If you are upgrading from my rom just
    Just wipe the cache, and the dalvik cache.

If you are upgrading from another CM9 rom
    YOU NEED TO WIPE EVERYTHING. Cache, Dalvik Cache, Factory Reset, System.

|Screenshots|
    What you see is what you will get i have not modified nothing in the screenshots. Well maybe one screenshot shows off the added weather widget. :D

34dj0o2.png
    xdbmkg.png
    2e3pnxl.png
    1om03o.png

2cse6u1.png
    1zbe1ki.png

|Credit|
    Thanks to all these people |Trojan38|, |Hashcode|, |CM9 Team|, |twa_pirv|, |thepsyntyst|. And a GIGANTIC thanks to |powerpoint45| for all his hard work in these little mods and findings. More to Come :D

Feeling Generous? Donate to me.

Wanna support me?

Add THIS To Your Signature.
    Question and Answer

Q - How do i get this?
    A- Simply download, copy it to your sd card, boot into twrp, and flash it. Don't have TWRP, FFF Bootloader, Or even a root? Download THIS.

Q - My Kindle is stuck in a bootloop (It means it wont get past the bootscreen)
    A - This seems to be a common issue if you don't wipe your device completely. So wipe cache, dalvik cache, factory reset, system.

Q - What are those things that you can download on the second post?
    A - Well those are called mods they add little tweaks and other things to your device if you flash them. I have screenshots posted so you can see each mod.

Q - How do i get those mods?
    A - Simple just pick your choice, then flash the same way you did with the rom.

Q - I dont like this mod is there a way to remove it?
    A - Some of the mods include a link to remove it just flash it. If a mod does not include a link to remove it just do this NOTE YOU WILL LOOSE ALL OTHER MODS. Get your glazed rom and flash that but only wipe cache and dalvik cache.

Q - Will this be getting Aroma Soon or Linaro?
    A - I will inplement aroma as soon as we get the touchscreen working. I dont think this rom will ever get linaro due to some reason. Linaro is not fully stable and not fully developed for CM9. Linaro is very buggy and many apps will not work. According to gederom linaro does not make much difference in performance maybe just a little bit but not enough to change this whole rom. I might implement linaro later on whenever a fully functional linaro is released but for now NO LINARO.

Q - I hate this rom or i hate one of the things in it.
    A - Well this is not the only rom if you want something changed you can either give me a suggestion or do it YOURSELF. There are many other roms out there. Maybe this is your favorite rom or maybe not it depends on what kind of view you look at this.

Q - How often will you be updating this.
    A - Very frequently maybe twice a week.

Q - I love this rom so MUCH is there a way i can ever repay you?
    A - Yes, by hitting that thanks button and giving me your user experience view on it. If you really would like to thank me you can do so by donating. That is the only thing keeping me going and making future developments.

Q - Do you have any other roms maybe a much simpler one?
    A - Yes SIMPLE CM9, hence the name simple cm9.

Q - YOU F*CK*ED UP MY KINDLE.
    A - Read the disclaimer, and i highly doubt this rom can mess up your device. Well only if you were messing with things your werent supposed to.

Q - I want to develop mods for this.
    A - Everyone starts out as a noob you slowly learn more and more as you go, maybe you just are not ready for developing or maybe you are. If that is so you can make a mod and just post it or PM me and i will surely take a look at it and maybe put it in the mods section. Or you can just find a really cool tweak online or mod and JUST PM me ONLY and i might implement it or add it to the mod section.

Q - My device is slow after flashing.
    A - The device is slow because it is building the cache just give it some time and reboot it should fix that issue.

Q - My problem is not on here?
    A - Please do not start a new thread post it on here or PM me and you will surely find a solution.
    Maybe when I save up enough money I can get a nexus 7, the nexus 7 can wait but the development for this rom can't.
    Soon........ Might include a little surprise for all your patiently waiting you guys have done.

Would you guys like me to port over Jellybean to this rom? You will loose many customization options in the settings? Or would you rather wait for CM10 so i can port that?