Crystalusion Liquid Glass Protection

Search This thread

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Yeah, mine should arrive today/tomorow.
Just out of curiosity, can you genuinly and honestly not see it at all if youcover the camera?
NO CHANGE WHAT SO EVER?
Im going to apply it but am deciding whether to leave the camera lense out of it or not.

Harrysoon

Sep 6, 2007
Morecambe, England
Yeah, mine should arrive today/tomorow.
Just out of curiosity, can you genuinly and honestly not see it at all if youcover the camera?
NO CHANGE WHAT SO EVER?
Im going to apply it but am deciding whether to leave the camera lense out of it or not.

I've not seen any noticeable difference in image quality after applying a bit to the camera bit.

I've not had any problems with it altogether though. I haven't dropped it, or tried scratching it, so can't really say in that department. I never keep my phone in the same pocket as keys/coins etc. Smudge marks from fingers do seem fewer though. It doesn't get as badly smudged from using it now.

neosny

Jun 17, 2011
If someone has just ordered or is yet to receive the product, is it possible you could take a few pictures before and after the application of the product to better see if there is a difference please.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

landwomble

Jun 2, 2006
If someone has just ordered or is yet to receive the product, is it possible you could take a few pictures before and after the application of the product to better see if there is a difference please.

It doesn't look any different.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: neosny

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
To anyone thinking of buying this. Do not !
It is useless, no different what so ever.
Still smudges, finger prints etc etc.

Most expensive 2 babey wipes I've ever purchased (basically what they are)
and niether of the two wipes are any different, so I dont know where this Liquid Glass is coming from

If anything, makes my phone catch lots more dust than it previously did. I would seriously say do not waste your time/effort/money on this product.

Harrysoon

Sep 6, 2007
Morecambe, England
So how can we tell if the crystalusion is being applied?

To anyone thinking of buying this. Do not !
It is useless, no different what so ever.
Still smudges, finger prints etc etc.

Most expensive 2 babey wipes I've ever purchased (basically what they are)
and niether of the two wipes are any different, so I dont know where this Liquid Glass is coming from

If anything, makes my phone catch lots more dust than it previously did. I would seriously say do not waste your time/effort/money on this product.

Put a drop of water on the screen and move the phone around. The water won't disperse and will "stick" together and easily and freely move over the screen like so http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzCj1TUGCgI&feature=relmfu

You'll not completely prevent smudges with it, but mine definitely doesn't suffer as badly from smudge marks now.

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
I will try the water drop test soon mate thanks.
But I'm serious, this to me is all one big con.

Harrysoon

Sep 6, 2007
Morecambe, England
How long were you applying it for? I wiped it with the cleaning solution until it was dry, and then did the same with the liquid glass cloth. Then let it sit for about 15 minutes and used the soft cloth to give it a polish and I was good to go.

Charlie360

Feb 23, 2010
How long were you applying it for? I wiped it with the cleaning solution until it was dry, and then did the same with the liquid glass cloth. Then let it sit for about 15 minutes and used the soft cloth to give it a polish and I was good to go.

I used the cleaner for pronbably 5 minutes and then the liquid glass cloth for more than 10, as I'd seen other people suggesting that not enough time had been spent doing this, however my liquid glass cloth was still no where near dry at that stage, then as you have I let it dry for a while and buffed it, but don't really notice any difference - I'm wondering if it is perhaps a slight case of the emperor's new clothes as I've seen suggested elsewhere!

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
I think I applied it wrong then, no where on the box does it say apply until dry.
It says wipe the phone and "BUFF DRY WITH THE CLOTH PROVIDED"
Im getting terribly annoyed with this now, what a waste of money, time and effort it was.

@Charlie

THANKS FOR BEING ON MY TEAM ! Haha.

Charlie360

Feb 23, 2010
I think I applied it wrong then, no where on the box does it say apply until dry.
It says wipe the phone and "BUFF DRY WITH THE CLOTH PROVIDED"
Im getting terribly annoyed with this now, what a waste of money, time and effort it was.

@Charlie

THANKS FOR BEING ON MY TEAM ! Haha.

No problem, I agree with you, however I'm not certain it's worth getting annoyed about, just put it down to experience and yes a bit of a waste of money!

Harrysoon

Sep 6, 2007
Morecambe, England
I agree it didn't say anywhere on the box to use either of the clothes until they were dry. I got this from mobilemaduk's review of it where he was in contact with the company and had instructions to use until dry.

http://www.mobilemaduk.co.uk/review-crystalusion-liquid-glass-protection/

It says it took him between 90 to 2 minutes for these stages, but I'm sure it took me longer.

I didn't dry it with the cloth either. I just used it to polish the screen after about 10-15 mins.

M

Macleod644

I've never heard of this specific brand, but here in the states there is an awesome nano-coating company for electronics call Liquipel. They have a website if y'all wanna check it out. U send them your phone and they coat every bit of your phone inside and out and there are YouTube videos of people completely putting their iPhones underwater with no case just Liquipel it's awesome

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I have my hands on the new Crystalusion Liquid Glass and I am in the process of writing the UK's first official online review of the product. So far I have applied the product to the screen of my one X which was incredibly easy.
    abrasion protection

From what I've seen on Crystalusion's stuff on YouTube (assuming this is the same stuff), it looks very hydrophobic, and perhaps also lives up to its claims of being oleophobic, but I don't really understand how its supposed to protect the device from abrasion... Sure, they say it can, but a layer of something applied with a cloth? Really? That's a few nanometres of SiO2 to stop my device denting/scratching if I drop it? If a simple coating of this product, which is invisible once applied, could really prevent the kind of damage a case is designed to don't you think they'd apply it in the factory?

I could be very wrong, but I'm intrigued why none of their product videos demonstrate its supposed scratch-resistance properties... I think I'd do just as well to coat my One X with Rain-X!

I'll stick to my standard-issue TPU case :)

Thanks for your post, Crystalusion isn’t designed, or marketed to replace protective casings and you’re quite right it cannot protect your device from impact damage from something like dropping it. The abrasion resistance it offers is better than, but comparable to, a traditional polyurethane screen protector – except Crystalusion covers the entire device, not just the screen. The coating is 100nm thick which provides suitable abrasion protection against day to day scuffing from items such as coins and keys in your pocket or ear rings etc. In addition to the abrasion resistance it is hydrophobic, oleophobic and antimicrobial. We’ll be adding more videos to the site to coincide with our retail launch and intend to include a demonstration of the abrasion protection.
    I received mine in the post yesterday and applied last night. The fine scratches I already had on the screen are barely visible now. So I'd say there is definitely something on the screen. How well it holds up against day-to-day life is another thing altogether.
    I'll report back again after some usage and let you all know how I get on with it.
    I should have taken before and after pictures, sorry, it only occurred to me after I'd finished.

Where can I get this from? I'm fed up of the invisible shield, it's rubbish.

Thank you

I have a telephone call tomorrow at 12:30 with the General Manager of Solution in media who are supplying this product. I will ask where the official distribution channels will be although I have seen someone on ebay selling the product.

The review is complete in draft and will be uploaded tomorrow after I have spoken to Solution in Media and made sure I have all the information I need.

I will tweet out when the full review is up and I will include the details of the official distribution partners

It doesn't look any different.