How to root Hisense Sero 7 lite without a computer

Search This thread

yomomma56

Jan 11, 2014
I recently got a hisense sero 7 lite and I dont have access to a computer. I really want to root it so that I can have all of the cool root stuff, but I cant seem to find a way to do so. Ive already tried framaroot, z4root, and poot, but none of them will work.. If anyone can think of a program I could try, I would really appreciate it!

Reactions: djfalcone35

MetallicGrizzly

Mar 16, 2014
I joined just to post in this thread, I also need help with this, I have no computer and have tried multiple methods. Any other ways?

Sent from my E270BSA using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

BigHardRoot

Jan 19, 2014
This is how i successfully rooted this tablet that i am sending this message with. WITH NO COMPUTER! I DOWNLOADED Takenover83's CWM rkimage. And Supersu.zip from Chainfire Supersu web page. Went to downloads with RootExplore, longpressed on it and hit extract all.You don't have to use Root Explore but the file manager you use has to be able to extract .zip's. Once you extract it find the update.img and copy it to the root of your external sdcard. After that copy Supersu.zip to the root of your external sdcard Then power off the tablet. After it is completely off press the volume down button and then the power button, hold them both untill you see the Highsense logo then let off the power button.it should boot into stock recovery. Once it does choose update via rkimage from external sdcard. You will see the Highsense logo like it's booting and then you will see mike the android with a progress bar below him. Put your finger on the power button and get ready to longpress. When the image is through flashing you will see the Highsense logo again, AS SOON AS YOU DO LONGPRESS UNTIL THE TABLET TURNS OFF.dont let it boot or this wont Work. After it pops off reboot into recovery the same way you did before. You should boot into CWM recovery. Then navigate to flash zip from sdcard. Then choose flash zip from external sdcard. Then navigate to the Supersu.zip and flash it. Go back to reboot system. press it once and you will get a choice to stop the factory recovery being flashed over cwm, CHOOSE YES. Press power again and enjoy ROOT and CWM 6.0.3.1. No computer. After it boots rename the update.img in your external sdcard. Make a backup asap. to external sd.

Sent from my E270BSA using xda app-developers app

MetallicGrizzly

Mar 16, 2014
This is how i successfully rooted this tablet that i am sending this message with. WITH NO COMPUTER! I DOWNLOADED Takenover83's CWM rkimage. And Supersu.zip from Chainfire Supersu web page. Went to downloads with RootExplore, longpressed on it and hit extract all.You don't have to use Root Explore but the file manager you use has to be able to extract .zip's. Once you extract it find the update.img and copy it to the root of your external sdcard. After that copy Supersu.zip to the root of your external sdcard Then power off the tablet. After it is completely off press the volume down button and then the power button, hold them both untill you see the Highsense logo then let off the power button.it should boot into stock recovery. Once it does choose update via rkimage from external sdcard. You will see the Highsense logo like it's booting and then you will see mike the android with a progress bar below him. Put your finger on the power button and get ready to longpress. When the image is through flashing you will see the Highsense logo again, AS SOON AS YOU DO LONGPRESS UNTIL THE TABLET TURNS OFF.dont let it boot or this wont Work. After it pops off reboot into recovery the same way you did before. You should boot into CWM recovery. Then navigate to flash zip from sdcard. Then choose flash zip from external sdcard. Then navigate to the Supersu.zip and flash it. Go back to reboot system. press it once and you will get a choice to stop the factory recovery being flashed over cwm, CHOOSE YES. Press power again and enjoy ROOT and CWM 6.0.3.1. No computer. After it boots rename the update.img in your external sdcard. Make a backup asap. to external sd.

K this sounds extremely legit but all I need is to root the tablet, I can do cwm after I backup original nandroid but I need root in order to do it. Is the Supersu.zip the thing that makes it root?

---------- Post added at 07:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Basicly, I want to ONLY root it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I recently got a hisense sero 7 lite and I dont have access to a computer. I really want to root it so that I can have all of the cool root stuff, but I cant seem to find a way to do so. Ive already tried framaroot, z4root, and poot, but none of them will work.. If anyone can think of a program I could try, I would really appreciate it!
    I joined just to post in this thread, I also need help with this, I have no computer and have tried multiple methods. Any other ways?