[Q] Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562

Search This thread

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
Do any one have performance issue with Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562.
I am very much disappointed with my device as it will get stuck on screen. Huge Lag time. Will take time to go to application after clicking on icon. Cannot play HD videos. While receiving calls the screen will go black, You can hear the ring but cannot see anything on screen. Any help will be appreciated. :(

omarfaieq007

Jun 28, 2011
I don't have such issues with it at all!quite good,only problem is low internal memory..

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I forgot something to tell u,there is something called Power Saving mode in the options,turn it off!if it's on it will cause a big lag and bad performance to save battery life,check it out..PEACE

terrizone

Jan 16, 2010
I'm quite happy with its performance. No such thing happened to me.
Not only the awareness of the performance, but I have concern about its internal storage so I tried not to overload the phone by installing the big apps even I wish to.

By the way, anybody has recommendation of how to move the installed apps to External SD Card.
I need to install some more apps but don't want the internal memory to getting low while my External SD Card is almost unused.

My Link2SD and App2SD cannot move my apps by unknown reasons (maybe need additional steps and need to know how). Thanks.

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
I just received my S7562 today. And indeed there is a very noticible lag the moment you activate power savings.

I'm also having some problems;

1) the phone is still not showing up in the devices list on Google Play, but I can download apps from the device itself

2) It does not have an option for "National Data Roaming". My SIM with the data connection, is on a provider which is an MVNO with its own network ID. As such the network ID of the SIM and the network ID of the network don't match and the device thinks its in roaming mode and disables data. Obviously I can enable "Data roaming", but that also enables data roaming out of the country which can be very costly!
My wifes Sony Xperia does have this option, as does Cyanogenmod

3) I'm hoping this phone can get rooted. I would love to get rid of the "TouchWiz" rubish and get a clean Android image. If I did not need the dual-sim functionality, I would have gotten something like the Galaxy Nexus instead :(

*Edit*
Issue 1 is solved, it just took some time to show up on Google Play.

Last edited:
Reactions: pirracas77

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
I did some more testing, and have some more issues as a result

1) storage. the internal 4GB storage seems to be split into 2. Of which 1.78GB is available as /mnt/sdcard
The actual sdcard instead gets mounted as /mnt/extSdCard and as an effect appears to be unusable for most apps.
If someone knows of a trick to mount the MicroSD card as /mnt/sdcard I would love to hear about it..

2) the real purpose of this phone, dual-SIM. I had understood that while most dual-SIM phones are only dual-standby, this phone is actually a Dual-Active model, such that you can have a call active, and still receive a call on the other SIM. But in my testing, the moment one SIM has an active call going, the second line is dead. This is not what I needed!
When I go into the SIM card manager -> Dual SIM always on and try to enable "Dual SIM always on enab...", it give me a dialog with "Updating Settings" and after a while I get a Failed dialog telling me
[SIM 1]
Call forwarding: Failed
Call waiting: Enabled

[SIM 2]

tristone

Oct 7, 2010
Prague
Hi robert__,

I got the phone at Monday and of course I was most interested in the Dual-Active feature so I made several tests.

As a result I must that it works for me. After enabling "Dual SIM always on enab..." it took some time to activate and it passed finally. So I dial one of my SIMs, receive call and keep it connected. Then I call from another phone to the second SIM, phone starts ringing and I was able to put previous call on hold and pick up this one. So the result was both calls to my two SIMs were connected - one of them active, one of them on hold. And I was able to switch between them.

I expect that the phone somehow cheats with the Call forwarding feature of the network and maybe that's why you did not succeed.
But I was so far not able to find out the mechanism cause in my call lists at both operators there are no forwarded calls recorded and also no fees for the forwarding were counted yet (and they should be according to pricelists if call is really forwarded to another operator).

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
Hi robert__,

I got the phone at Monday and of course I was most interested in the Dual-Active feature so I made several tests.

As a result I must that it works for me. After enabling "Dual SIM always on enab..." it took some time to activate and it passed finally. So I dial one of my SIMs, receive call and keep it connected. Then I call from another phone to the second SIM, phone starts ringing and I was able to put previous call on hold and pick up this one. So the result was both calls to my two SIMs were connected - one of them active, one of them on hold. And I was able to switch between them.

I expect that the phone somehow cheats with the Call forwarding feature of the network and maybe that's why you did not succeed.
But I was so far not able to find out the mechanism cause in my call lists at both operators there are no forwarded calls recorded and also no fees for the forwarding were counted yet (and they should be according to pricelists if call is really forwarded to another operator).

Hi tristone,

I think I don't fully understand how the "Dual SIM always on enabled" is meant to work. I figured it would work truely almost as if they are separate phones. Not that it tries to forward calls from one network to another, which I don't want to have happen anyway as the two SIMs are from providers in different countries and could cause high fees.

My understanding was that forwarding calls to the other SIM is a practise used by dual-SIM phones that only support dual-standby.

Reactions: unkcleri

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
I did some tests.

I booted the device with volume up, home and power key pressed. And when it started to vibrate I let go of the power key and I got a screen asking if I wanted to install a custom ROM. I started ODIN3 and it seems to recognize the device, but without a custom ROM I could not do much more.

I also was able to use adb to get a shell prompt, but without root access obviously.

I suspect a rooting similar to CF-Root for the S3 should be possible.

masi_17g

Dec 14, 2009
hi r0bert.
i have the same pr0blem with the dual sim function, 0ne 0f my sims (sim1) is a credit one that hasnt any credit in it, an the one (sim2) is m0nthly paid.
when im talking with my sim1 and i call the 0ther sim with an0ther ph0ne it g0es t0 call waiting, BUT, when im talking with my sim2, the 0ther call t0 my sim1 is out of range (becuase it hasnt any credit in it t0 f0rward the call), s0 i think, samsung has cheated here, i buaght this ph0ne ONLY becuase it said dual sim ACTIVE...
i only hope that the JB update will fix it, if its p0ssible... :(

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I did some tests.

I booted the device with volume up, home and power key pressed. And when it started to vibrate I let go of the power key and I got a screen asking if I wanted to install a custom ROM. I started ODIN3 and it seems to recognize the device, but without a custom ROM I could not do much more.

I also was able to use adb to get a shell prompt, but without root access obviously.

I suspect a rooting similar to CF-Root for the S3 should be possible.

hi r0bert.
i have the same pr0blem with the dual sim function, 0ne 0f my sims (sim1) is a credit one that hasnt any credit in it, an the one (sim2) is m0nthly paid.
when im talking with my sim1 and i call the 0ther sim with an0ther ph0ne it g0es t0 call waiting, BUT, when im talking with my sim2, the 0ther call t0 my sim1 is out of range (becuase it hasnt any credit in it t0 f0rward the call), s0 i think, samsung has cheated here, i buaght this ph0ne ONLY becuase it said dual sim ACTIVE...
i only hope that the JB update will fix it, if its p0ssible... :(

Oct 3, 2012
Coimbra
Hello good evening :)

I agree with some statements said above, this mobile phone becomes slow when it happened but rather have the battery saving mode active.

This process reduces the cpu usage of the mobile phone that just makes the mobile phone becomes much slower.
Apart from that I think this mobile phone very good, like everything in life is not perfect but does not disappoint at all levels. :)

Would you like to leave a question in this debate, someone of you know how to access the recovery of this mobile phone?

Already the My thanks :)

Reactions: xpacguy

vinkobha

Sep 12, 2012
Bangalore
decent performance

I have been using Galaxy S duos for a few days now and I am happy with the phone! When compared to the existing dual SIM phones in the market, I feel, this is the best! I have used to HTC desire V too. It has a decent screen, hardware could have been better! The current market price for this mobile is around 16K and at that price point it is a good buy!

I have installed apps, configured atleast 8 email id's, angry birds, temple run, etc & I have not faced freezing or process hanging as of now! The main concern however is that of using the external memory! This phone does not have a real primary external storage. We can not move apps to a SD card!

Main camera is decent for ocasional photograaphy and can take good pictures in good lighting conditions. The LED flash is powerful enough however the processing capabilities of the sensor under flash is not that great!

robert__

Apr 12, 2012
Brussels
I have been using Galaxy S duos for a few days now and I am happy with the phone! When compared to the existing dual SIM phones in the market, I feel, this is the best! I have used to HTC desire V too. It has a decent screen, hardware could have been better! The current market price for this mobile is around 16K and at that price point it is a good buy!

I have installed apps, configured atleast 8 email id's, angry birds, temple run, etc & I have not faced freezing or process hanging as of now! The main concern however is that of using the external memory! This phone does not have a real primary external storage. We can not move apps to a SD card!

Main camera is decent for ocasional photograaphy and can take good pictures in good lighting conditions. The LED flash is powerful enough however the processing capabilities of the sensor under flash is not that great!

I found there are ways to fix the extSdCard issue
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1888986

However, that first requires that the device is rooted.

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
I don't have such issues with it at all!quite good,only problem is low internal memory..

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

I forgot something to tell u,there is something called Power Saving mode in the options,turn it off!if it's on it will cause a big lag and bad performance to save battery life,check it out..PEACE

The Power Saving mode is set to off. I tried resetting to Factory Setting. still same issue. :(

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
I did some more testing, and have some more issues as a result

1) storage. the internal 4GB storage seems to be split into 2. Of which 1.78GB is available as /mnt/sdcard
The actual sdcard instead gets mounted as /mnt/extSdCard and as an effect appears to be unusable for most apps.
If someone knows of a trick to mount the MicroSD card as /mnt/sdcard I would love to hear about it..

2) the real purpose of this phone, dual-SIM. I had understood that while most dual-SIM phones are only dual-standby, this phone is actually a Dual-Active model, such that you can have a call active, and still receive a call on the other SIM. But in my testing, the moment one SIM has an active call going, the second line is dead. This is not what I needed!
When I go into the SIM card manager -> Dual SIM always on and try to enable "Dual SIM always on enab...", it give me a dialog with "Updating Settings" and after a while I get a Failed dialog telling me
[SIM 1]

[SIM 2]

The issue related to Call forwarding might be due to your mobile operator. Ther eare some operator will not allow call to other operator sim.

Reactions: neson94

iPankaj

Dec 30, 2011
Kolkata
ipankaj.net
Yes the battery saving mode make phone lagging. That mode reduce CPU power and brightness, search for setting, it is possible to disable making CPU slower.

Hi there,
I have got my S Duos on 25th of September and after few days I discovered :laugh: the option which let you select power saving mode without slowing down the CPU Performance; i.e, it won't limits the CPU performance. Go to
SETTINGS -> Tap On Power Saving -> Untick the "CPU Power Saving" option!
Thats all! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button, ;)

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
    You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
    Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
    1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
    2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
    3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
    1. Install latest USB Drivers for your Samsung Mobile in your PC.
    2. Switch off your mobile.
    3. Press and Hold "Vol. Down + Home + Power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
    Once phone vibrates, leave all buttons.
    4. It will Show you a Warning.
    Press Vol. UP button to Continue.
    5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
    6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
    7. Download and Extract Odin.zip
    Open Odin. It will detect your phone on some COM Port.
    You will see screen like this :
    1krfn.jpg

8. Now click on PDA and select the recovery.tar file.
    Now, it will look like this :
    8FbMS.jpg

9. Now make sure the following :
    Auto-Reboot is checked.
    F. Reset Time is checked.
    All others are unchecked.
    Click on start.
    Odin will start flashing.
    wait for atleast 2-3 minutes.
    Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.
    Keep the phone connected to your PC.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
    11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
    Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
    so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
    If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
    Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
    Keep all of these pressed until you see samsung logo and then release.
    Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.
    IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
    - choose zip from sdcard (if files are in external microsd)
    OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)
    navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
    Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.
    Hi again :)

Someone know what combination of keys we have to do for enter in recovery mode?:)

Hi,
    Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
    Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.
    [Guide] How to Reset Custom bin Counter In Galaxy S duos (S7562)

Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button

Caution: : I'm not Responsible if You Bricked Your Phone Do it at Your Own Risk.

Requirements :
    1. Rooted Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone!
    2. TringleAway App Get it from Here or from the Attachment Box of this Post.
    3. A sensible Brain and Patient..

Procedure:
    1. Install The TringleAway 2.86 app
    2. open the TringleAway it will ask you to grant root permission Grant it.
    3. Click on Reset Flash Counter As shown Below!
    VJ3IFHN.png

4. it Will Give pop-Up as shown Below.

nTpMWjt.png

5. Click Continue..
    6. Wait...
    7. Go to Download mode And check Your Binary Status its 'No'

Thanks Chainfire to makes It Possible!
    Link2SD Working!

Hey folks,

Finally got Link2SD working properly on my rooted s7562.

There are many guides out there so I'll just tell you what I did specifically for our phone to get it working.

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (on my Windows 7 laptop) to create the second partition on my 32GB micro sdcard. The important part is that it needs to be FAT32, and not Ext3 as most guides will recommend you use. Ext3 was what I tried originally without success. I was getting "read only" errors when trying to link to second partition.

I haven't tried the Ext2 or Ext4. FAT32 worked so I'm happy.

The native "Move to SD card" option in Link2SD does not work, (presumably because it's not natively supported on our phone) but the "Create link" option works fine. Which is what we want.

I have moved (linked) a few apps over and tested they are working and all is good.

Hope this helps some of you.

Regards
    Keliuss

P.S. Please feel free to thank me below. :)
    ROM- Stock DDBMJ1 with some of my mods and edits + 200 dpi -Smart Launcher Pro - SD Cards swapped - PMP Engine - build.prop edits - many more tweaks.

-Lockscreen, homescreen, notification panel and call screens-

uploadfromtaptalk1404984238712.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984270191.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984303047.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984335803.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984392680.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984432378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984469189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984506903.jpg

Regards
    Mohitash

Sent from my GT-S7562