FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Script] App2sd

4,273 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,199

By kyrillos13, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th May 2011, 10:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello to all. It is time to publish my app2sd Scripts because many people wants them :P

What is App2sd?
App2sd is a utility which automatically moves some/all your data partition to your ext sd partition. So, your internal space is partially/not used :P

Which app2sd version should i choose?
As you can see, there are 3 versions: App2sd-v1, App2sd-v2 & App2sd-v3.

Differences in versions
App2sd-v1: It is the normal app2sd script. This script moves your /data/app/ & /data/log/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is very fast but your real internal space will be full if you install many apps. This version is not recommended. :P
App2sd-v2: It is an enchanced version of app2sd, which moves /data/app/, /data/log/ & /data/dalvik-cache/ to your sdcard's ext partition. It is fast and you can install many apps until your internal memory reaches 0mb.. Is is recommended for sdcards class2 - class4.
App2sd-v3: It is an ultra enchanced version of app2sd, which is like data2sd, but you won't have so many lag like data2sd. App2sd-v3 moves /data/app/, /data/log/, /data/dalvik-cache/ & /data/data/ to your sdcard's ext partition. Your internal memory won't be used unless you do install so many apps and your sdcard's partition get full! SDcard class6+ is highly recommended!
Conlusion: If you have class2 or class4 sdcard use App2sd-v2. If you have class6 sdcard use App2sd-v3.

Requirements
You must have a kernel which supports init.d & ext4, i recommend fugumod, it is the best. And you must have an ext partition in your sdcard. Ext4 is recommended. And last thing... You need android 2.2.

How do i check my sdcard's class?
Remove your sdcard from your phone and check if you see a circle with a number. :P If your dont see anything, you may have a class2 sdcard.

How to partition my sdcard?
Download MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition 6.0. But make a backup before :P

How to install the script?
Take a backup with titanium. Download it from attachments and decompress it to your sd. You can either adb push this script in /system/etc/init.d/ or copy it with root eplorer to /system/etc/init.d/. Type the commands:
adb shell (adb only)
su
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl6 /system
chmod 777 /system/etc/init.d/*
chown 0.0 /system/etc/init.d/*
Then reboot in recovery and do a wipe data/factory reset. All your data will be wiped. From now on some/all of your data (depends on the script version) will be moved to your sd automatically. Before you restore your apps with titanium, go in titanium preferences and select to force restore apps to internal memory. Don't move apps to external!!

Why i see only 200mb as internal?
App2sd is invisible :P You can check your sdcard's ext partition in Titanium Backup.

-Tip
For speeding up your sdcard reading speed you can install this script too. This will maybe cause lag to your videos...
Attached Files
File Type: rar S01_app2sd-v1.rar - [Click for QR Code] (993 Bytes, 733 views)
File Type: rar S01_app2sd-v2.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.1 KB, 2973 views)
File Type: rar S01_app2sd-v3.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 2653 views)
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to kyrillos13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyrillos13 Ad-Free

10th May 2011, 10:24 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Give me feedback if you use the script. Tell me which version you installed and what type sdclass you have :P
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kyrillos13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyrillos13 Ad-Free
10th May 2011, 10:46 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
How do do you check what SD class you have?

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA App
10th May 2011, 10:48 PM |#4  
Flag Styria
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilzo

Look onto the card itself. There's a circle with a number in it.
10th May 2011, 10:53 PM |#5  
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3th.g3ck9

Look onto the card itself. There's a circle with a number in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilzo

If it doesnt say class, you may have a class2 sd...
The Following User Says Thank You to kyrillos13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyrillos13 Ad-Free
10th May 2011, 11:21 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
does this work on the stock rom
10th May 2011, 11:23 PM |#7  
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_123

does this work on the stock rom

yeah but you have to flash fugumod kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to kyrillos13 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kyrillos13 Ad-Free
10th May 2011, 11:37 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
v3 causes extreme lag
10th May 2011, 11:38 PM |#9  
Flag Athens

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_123

v3 causes extreme lag

yeah if you have slow sdcard... Class6 is highly recommended to use App2sd-v3.
11th May 2011, 03:34 AM |#10  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 15

Donate to Me
More
In kyrillos 4.1 non Oc which app2sd version is present?

11th May 2011, 05:19 AM |#11  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,043

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up Excellent Work
Excellent Work kyrillos13...!! Gonna integrate this in the next version of the Kitchen...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)