Google Galaxy S4: Google Wallet?

Search This thread

tonytien

Nov 5, 2012
Hey guys, something that has popped up in my mind is whether or not the Google version of the S4 will support Google Wallet. If the variant is the same as the T-Mobile S4 SGH-M919 (rumor) and Google supports Wallet won't the device be officially supported? Just some thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Hey guys, something that has popped up in my mind is whether or not the Google version of the S4 will support Google Wallet. If the variant is the same as the T-Mobile S4 SGH-M919 (rumor) and Google supports Wallet won't the device be officially supported? Just some thoughts.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking the same thing. However, Google may not "support" it for devices not running AOSP ROMs. Meaning, the apk will prolly just need a quick tweak to it to allow it to run on TouchWiz ROMs. Thats my gut feeling.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

dj_aj

Jan 2, 2007
Good thought indeed.

I should suppose that the Google S4 will support Google Wallet. I can't imagine they'd have a better platform to push this service.

If the Google S4 is the T-Mobile variant, I can't imagine why we wouldn't be able to flash that ROM over our devices, with the inclusion of Google Wallet.

June 26 is the release date, Suppose we have to wait until then to find out.

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
It will be because it is not the carrier variant..the hardware is same as the the T-Mobile but it will have a different model number.
Google wallet works fine on the Nexus 4 and similarly it will work on Google edition S4. T-Mobile or any other useless carriers will have zero influence on the device. They can all go and f*** with their carrier variants.

thinkfast28

Aug 25, 2012
Installed Google Wallet on my Verizon S4. Works perfectly. Go on Youtube & find techfanatic 9. Great step by step videos. You must be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

dennis45

Aug 18, 2013
Installed Google Wallet on my Verizon S4. Works perfectly. Go on Youtube & find techfanatic 9. Great step by step videos. You must be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

I received an error while running the Touch Wiz zip and as a result there are no apps installed after running the file. Any ideas?

kas21

Aug 6, 2010
Maryland
Wallet on CyanogenMod?

I switched to a GE ROM from Cyanogenmod just for Wallet and a more stable camera. Does anyone know how to get Wallet working on CM10.2? I'd like to go back to CM but I want Wallet to work.

elua35

Jun 2, 2013
New Google Wallet Fix

I received an error while running the Touch Wiz zip and as a result there are no apps installed after running the file. Any ideas?

I switched to a GE ROM from Cyanogenmod just for Wallet and a more stable camera. Does anyone know how to get Wallet working on CM10.2? I'd like to go back to CM but I want Wallet to work.

What I did to get this working is I used the build.prop from the Nexus 4 to make Wallet believe it was a supported device. Build.prop can be found here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993208

Make sure to have wallet uninstalled, make a NANDROID, and backup your build.prop before you edit it and then change it using root explorer or root browser. Change the
ro.product.model to Nexus 4, the ro.product.brand to google, ro.product.name to occam, and the ro.product.device to mako. After that follow the directions starting from step 2 from this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2282892

I tried changing it to sprint like the thread suggested but had no luck 3 times. Decided to try the Nexus 4 instead and worked the first time. Then download the latest Google Wallet app and you should be able to set up tap and pay. After following the second thread and installing Xposed and the Google Wallet patcher, either edit your build.prop back to tmobile or simply restore the backup you have. Make sure you set permission to rw - r - r. Reboot and enjoy using Google Wallet everywhere it's accepted

Last edited: