[Q] Speed up Galaxy W

Search This thread

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
How to speed up galaxy w i dont care about battery life i care about performace. I am on cyanogenmod 10 custom kernel overclocked 1.8 GHz using swapiton script. Any other tweaks?

ilusi0n_

Jan 1, 2013
How to speed up galaxy w i dont care about battery life i care about performace. I am on cyanogenmod 10 custom kernel overclocked 1.8 GHz using swapiton script. Any other tweaks?

Already overclocked? Then forget it. More perfomance only with another phone.
You can always try to use a kernel that uses bfs but still there is no miracles

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
i have the same problem. the stock rom was terrible about performance. you click to the contacts and wait for a few seconds for the black screen. then contacts come.. in case of emergency. .; for example you need to cal some1 for help, until you call they will kill you :)

i changed to cyanogenmod. it is better. still not so good but we shouldnt expect a high performance from a 3 years old device.

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
i have the same problem. the stock rom was terrible about performance. you click to the contacts and wait for a few seconds for the black screen. then contacts come.. in case of emergency. .; for example you need to cal some1 for help, until you call they will kill you :)

i changed to cyanogenmod. it is better. still not so good but we shouldnt expect a high performance from a 3 years old device.

Yeah you are right we can't expect a high performance for a such old device but i got cyanogenmod 9 with custom kernel and few tweaks on it and now it runs pretty smooth i can play games like gta vice city asphalt 8 and even modern combat with some fps drops but it is still playable.

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
Yeah you are right we can't expect a high performance for a such old device but i got cyanogenmod 9 with custom kernel and few tweaks on it and now it runs pretty smooth i can play games like gta vice city asphalt 8 and even modern combat with some fps drops but it is still playable.

which cyanogenmod are you usig ? and about overclock thing . i am always worried to damage the device. you know if something get damaged because of overclocking.

what i want from this phone is ; long batyery life ( at least 1 day total from 07:00 to 23:00 ) (come this shouldnt be so hard )

plus a medium performance. i dont want it to stuck and force me to wait when i really need something to do. when this happen i exactly want to raise my phone and throw it to the wall .

i am not going to play so big games. or even little ones. i dont play games.. so just a little performance is important too. what do you offer me.

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
I own a W and I'm happy with the performance.... Don't forget that this device is a SINGLE CORE device. You ain't EVER going to get S4 performance out of it. If you remember, Samsung left the W behind at Gingerbread. Without the hard work of devs like Arco68 we would never have experienced ICS let alone JB.
KK Roms have just started to become really useable for the W, in theory they should favour phones like the W.....why not give one of them a try.....
Otherwise your options are....

1) put up with the performance while reminding yourself you *could* still be running stock GB.
2) develop a ROM to suit your performance needs yourself.
3) paint a nice big cross on a blank piece of wall and practice your aim.

But please stop complaining about lack of performance..... It shows a certain lack of respect for all the devs that have given their time to us so that we can run the latest android version on our W's.........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
I own a W and I'm happy with the performance.... Don't forget that this device is a SINGLE CORE device. You ain't EVER going to get S4 performance out of it. If you remember, Samsung left the W behind at Gingerbread. Without the hard work of devs like Arco68 we would never have experienced ICS let alone JB.
KK Roms have just started to become really useable for the W, in theory they should favour phones like the W.....why not give one of them a try.....
Otherwise your options are....

1) put up with the performance while reminding yourself you *could* still be running stock GB.
2) develop a ROM to suit your performance needs yourself.
3) paint a nice big cross on a blank piece of wall and practice your aim.

But please stop complaining about lack of performance..... It shows a certain lack of respect for all the devs that have given their time to us so that we can run the latest android version on our W's.........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

i know but as i said i dont expect high performances from this device :) just a long lasting battery and not stucking apps in the middle of my work.

guys offer me sth :)

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
which cyanogenmod are you usig ? and about overclock thing . i am always worried to damage the device. you know if something get damaged because of overclocking.

what i want from this phone is ; long batyery life ( at least 1 day total from 07:00 to 23:00 ) (come this shouldnt be so hard )

plus a medium performance. i dont want it to stuck and force me to wait when i really need something to do. when this happen i exactly want to raise my phone and throw it to the wall .

i am not going to play so big games. or even little ones. i dont play games.. so just a little performance is important too. what do you offer me.

I am using cyanogenmod 9 because it suits me very well. I installed few mods and tweaks on it. i like my phone to have the stock samsung UI so i installed touchwiz theme and launcher and now the phone looks good and performs good. Dont worry you want damage your phone with overclocking, just test a frequency and run stability test and let it pass few tests. I've overclocked many CPUs on computers so i think this is the same thing. And for the battery life, if i play games like gta vice city and san andreas i get 6-7 hrs but when i use phone for calls only it lasts more than 1 day. For me this device is very good since i can't afford a new one. I am also learning how to build roms so i might start making roms and practicing myself when i have free time (I dont have much :D)

Last edited:

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
I am using cyanogenmod 9 because it suits me very well. I installed few mods and tweaks on it. i like my phone to have the stock samsung UI so i installed touchwiz theme and launcher and now the phone looks good and performs good. Dont worry you want damage your phone with overclocking, just test a frequency and run stability test and let it pass few tests. I've overclocked many CPUs on computers so i think this is the same thing. And for the battery life, if i play games like gta vice city and san andreas i get 6-7 hrs but when i use phone for calls only it lasts more than 1 day. For me this device is very good since i can't afford a new one. I am also learning how to build roms so i might start making roms and practicing myself when i have free time (I dont have much :D)

i decided to use cm9 rc2 with honeyx's kernel. but i dont know if cm9 going to suits me. it looks too old. i like to use better look rooms :)

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
You have to wait for that because i just got it off the charger. Do you want it idling on on gameplay?

currently using cm9 rc2 with honeyx's kernel
the battery is good in stand by.
in usage it is normal. not so bad but it feels me that it is draining a bit fast. i will post the graphic in the evening :)

Last edited:

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
currently using cm9 rc2 with honeyx's kernel
the battery is good in stand by.
in usage it is normal. not so bad but it feels me that it is draining a bit fast. i will post the graphic in the evening :)

My battery is normal when i play very demanding games i usually play them for 25 mins and then take a break. to this moment my battery is 64 %

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
My battery is normal when i play very demanding games i usually play them for 25 mins and then take a break. to this moment my battery is 64 %

cm9 rc2 with honeyxup kernel. very low usage - only internet calls and sms

7ry6dSL

i have to find another solution. it may seem like long lasting rom. but i was sleeping first 3-4 hrs i think

you can understand when did i sleep from graphic :D

link of image http://imgur.com/7ry6dSL

too bad for me man

Last edited:

Xhemal1325

Jul 2, 2013

what noo, wtf u installed on it !! now when u install stock rom for the first time, the rom works amazing faster, even faster than any CM rom , well im using the stock rom for almost a week, and its working amazing faster !!, What im using :
Fast Facebook
Gmail
Youtube
Mobo Market
System app uninstaller ( removed some stock apps )

I use my phone for calling , SMS, facebook, youtube and gmail for checking my mails
And im very happy with it, i dont think im geting back to Cyanogenmod :)

And what i would to see form GB its a transparent status bar :p

anilatiklik

Jun 15, 2013
istanbul
idk i dont like stock rom. samsung failed on that. at least i think so. plus, not giving an uptade to such a device is a very wrong decision by samsung. cyanogenmod is way better then stock rom. it has more features..