[Q] New DNA. Rooted. Then stuck in roaming. Now can't reunlock.

Search This thread

mdphoenix

Dec 15, 2006
Bel Air, MD
I have been using the full_dlx-codefirex 4.4.3.2.xxx. It is stripped down and super fast. I don't know others opinions of it being a daily driver but I have been using it as a daily driver for almost a week now and have had no problems; other than DSP Manager not working but; for me that thing has only worked CM 11. I just disabled it. Anyway I am sure you will find a ROM that you like from around here. Personally I have tried about eight or nine different ones before the codefire.

Thanks! Blackout is giving me a few headaches. I'm in between jobs at the moment and can't have the phone not work. I realize these are all WiPs and these guys are doing this for nothing, so I'm not complaining. I'll just keep trying a few until I get one that does it for me.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you just "relock" the boot loader and not s-on? Does your hboot still say s-off? If so, you can still do some fastboot commands to flash a custom recovery and reunlock with the (almost) global HTC unlock zip Scotty made. It works on our DNA and plenty of other HTC devices, But it requires s-off and a custom recovery.

I will update my post with link to the zip soon.

Edit: don't remember the thread for DNA, but like I said. It is a semi global zip and all the zips/commands are the same. If you use the zip please give Scotty a thanks to boost his meter ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47769994

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
    If you are still s-off and need to get an ulock-token from HTC try this...

Boot into fastboot and connect your phone and make sure fastboot recognizes your device and try this command (this won't hurt the phone)

Fastboot oem writecid 22222222

Make sure you input 8 2's and then reboot the boot loader and check to see if that stuck

Fastboot oem readcid

If you don't get all 2's this next bit won't work

If you do get all 2's then go to HTCdev.com and unlock your device by either selecting the DNA DLX or the "all other supported models"
    (not sure if there is a dna on the list)

You will then use the unlock_code.bin to unlock the boot loader however this will wipe the device clean so backup your stuff

Hope this works and helps

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app
    I'm glad you got it to work!

The DNA is a sexy phone, unlocking it is like getting her to "open up" so you can do whatever you want.
    Been running this with the APM Mod(Advanced Power/Reboot Menu): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565190

Stable, debloated, Sense 5
    Which CM are you running? I don't mind the stock debloated except the sense crap. I don't like their menus. I don't like the lock screen. I really just want stock Android I think. And I'll tweak it from there. I'm also quite apprehensive after flashing CM10.2 and getting the Roaming issue.

you could try a GPE ROM, it is stock android that you can run xposed on and customize it that way