Neutered I337UCUFNB1 Full Odin tar

Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
This file will allow MK2 bootloader users to upgrade to factory stock NB1 while maintaining the ability to downgrade back to factory stock MK2. Thanks to @ted77usa for testing.

NB1 bootloader users should not flash this file as it may hard brick your device.

Here it is: I337UCUFNB1_Neutered_Odin tar

Instructions:
1. Extract .tar file from .rar file then flash in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).

To return to factory stock MK2 flash the I337_MK2_Full_Odin tar

No mirrors please.

Last edited:

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
This file will allow MK2 bootloader users to upgrade to factory stock NB1 while maintaining the ability to downgrade back to factory stock MK2. Thanks to @ted77usa for testing.

NB1 bootloader users should not flash this file as it may hard brick your device.

Here it is: I337UCUFNB1_Neutered_Odin tar.
MD5: A36948A84DCEC1BC3E406706FB8AB55C

Instructions:
1. Extract .tar file from .rar file then flash in PDA slot in Odin.

No mirrors please.

@yzmb1869 also tested for u but Saferoot didn't recognize the device since ro.build.id=KOT49H (4.4build) maybe kingo would work.

ajunasaz.jpg

Last edited:

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
@yzmb1869 also tested for u but Saferoot didn't recoqnized the device since ro.build.id=KOT49H (4.4build) maybe kingo would work.

ajunasaz.jpg

Thank you, both of you for testing! In regard to root, this file is not any different than the "uneutered" official NB1 tar. However the value to MK2 users is that they can try out the official NB1 firmware and switch back to MK2 at their leisure. Enjoy!

ted77usa

Inactive RC / RT
Jan 13, 2010
Fog City
Thank you, both of you for testing! In regard to root, this file is not any different than the "uneutered" official NB1 tar. However the value to MK2 users is that they can try out the official NB1 firmware and switch back to MK2 at their leisure. Enjoy!

I wonder if we used same downgrade method like "unneutered" would get root after flashing this files?

Swyped From MK2 Dark Venom SS Edition

peteycrack420

Sep 24, 2010
Tampa
kot49h.i337ucufnc1 to mk2 to nb1

Instructions:
1. Extract .tar file from .rar file then flash in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+).

No mirrors please.
can i do this

Whizzpopper

Apr 4, 2012
Iowa
What is the best way to get root using this method? Will towelroot work? Also, I've deleted quite a few system files on MK2, do I need to flash MK2 stock before flashing this? This is a silly question but I just want to be 100% certain: if I need to flash MK2 stock first, do I need to root MK2 before flashing this?

Thanks! I've been holding out for a long time on updating. I guess I was hoping a bl unlock would be found. I've pretty much lost hope, but I still have enough hope to want to be able to downgrade!

IceTwig

Jun 8, 2013
Anaheim CA
looking for help and advice.

I am a bit confused at the moment about what I have on my AT&T i337 Galaxy S4. I followed instructions on how to upgrade from MK2 to NB1 from
"All things AT&T [MK2 NB1 NC1 NI1] and ROM List" Here and from there went to "Neutered I337UCUFNB1 Full Odin tar" Here File name "I337UCUFNB1_Full_Odin_wFMLD_BL.tar.rar"

Now I have read in several places that MLD is a bootloader, but some say its a kernel.. (confused about that) always thought that the bootloader was under settings > about device > baseband version

One issue I have with this current ROM from here is that I keep getting "Unable to save screenshot USB storage may be in use" and no matter if I delete the "Pictures" folder... or I create a new one under my SD card.. or Internal storage.. or under DCIM, or clear my defaults or disable my "Download2SD" app from Xposed or try other suggestions I have read, I still can't fix the screenshot problem. Also.. it does seem my battery drains faster than my previous MK2 as well, but 4.4.2 is seems much smoother.

Now... I wanted to go to this ROM "4.4.2 GNF1 Sickness Style V3 8/3/2014" since I am switching from AT&T to T-Mobile and take advantage of the WIFI calling. The Page description Here says all the ROMS in the list are compatible and tested, I am just not sure where I am coming from as far as NB1 or MLD or what..

1st. I don't know what MLD is.
2nd. If I am on NB1 that is neutered with MLD kernel (i am guessing this is my case) then is it safe to flash this ROM and still be able to go back to MK2
3rd. is there a fix for the screenshots in case I cannot flash to a T-Mobile ROM.

Some advice would be greatly appreciated!!

EDIT:
Answered in a different post. Thought it would be more appropriate to ask here but the other thread answered the questions. Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

No mirrors please.