[Q] Toshiba AC100 and Android Market

Search This thread
Apr 19, 2011
Hi Salaminomachos, version 1.0.0.831 in the market does not support video calling. I tried to install right now the version 1.0.1.1025 finded on the net, i think from Verizon phones, but we can't do it on our smartbook (at least i don't know how) :confused:
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately i have the same problem. Let's pray Toshiba will fix this problem
Have a very Happy Easter
Vagelis .................

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
Step by step guide

Hi,
I want to install the Android Market on my Toshiba AC100v. Can anybody please write down a short installation guide in form of a step-by-step tutorial?
That would be so great - I have already loaded some files - but do not know how to start.
The links posted at the beginnig to the russian site are not very helpful and the surely well done work gets lost as nobody can follow (except he is good in russian language).
The download links does not seem to work anyway.

Thanks so kind for your support.

Kai

M4XonXD4

Apr 22, 2011
Rome
Exactly, i did just that. I don't know a word of Russian (as indeed i know very little English)
The link is this: ****:// 4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=226289&st=220
In the second post of the page you will find the link to download the third version of the rom cooked to perfection (almost)...
Is quite simple. Once you start the machine in recovery mode, you must install the drivers that you will find in the downloaded file, follow the instructions of the nvflash (is better make a backup of the original rom with the same program) and that's it ...
To run the nvflash utility you must type menu.cmd in the prompt, if you have Win7 like me...

Reactions: kyleumat

tskisiu

Nov 19, 2010
some summary page from the same forum:

xxxx://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&ie=UTF8&sl=ru&tl=en&u=xxxx://apkpro.ru/toshiba-ac100/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.nl&twu=1

by the way... I do not know if you have noticed, that the same person who has cooked the rom, is also working on a new kernel supporting NTFS and USB 3g modems :)

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
Exactly, i did just that. I don't know a word of Russian (as indeed i know very little English)
Is quite simple. Once you start the machine in recovery mode, you must install the drivers that you will find in the downloaded file, follow the instructions of the nvflash (is better make a backup of the original rom with the same program) and that's it ...
like me...

Okay, thank you for your support. But where do I need to place those downloaded drivers to use them on the Toshiba ac-100? On an USB stick - a SD card?
Do I have to connect the Thosiba via USB cable to the PC for typing the cmd. commands?

Thanks, Kai

tskisiu

Nov 19, 2010
Okay, thank you for your support. But where do I need to place those downloaded drivers to use them on the Toshiba ac-100? On an USB stick - a SD card?
Do I have to connect the Thosiba via USB cable to the PC for typing the cmd. commands?

Thanks, Kai

You put the machine into the recovery mode and hook it up to the computer with mini-usb. Windows should detect it and ask for the drivers which are included in the archive. Then, you can flash the firmware of the device. Generally the process is straightforward, but there is always a risk involved, that you brick your machine, so be careful. It is wise to use the backup command from CMD file, before you install the new firmware.

leufred

Apr 12, 2011
You put the machine into the recovery mode and hook it up to the computer with mini-usb. Windows should detect it and ask for the drivers which are included in the archive. Then, you can flash the firmware of the device. Generally the process is straightforward, but there is always a risk involved, that you brick your machine, so be careful. It is wise to use the backup command from CMD file, before you install the new firmware.
Dear Tskisiu
by "it is wise to us the backup command from CMD file...". Do you mean that I can use that to do a full backup of my stock rom? How may I do that?
I tried to use AC100-toolkit but failed!
please kindly help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards

tskisiu

Nov 19, 2010
Inside "ac100_flash_v3a.rar" you can find menu.cmd. This one works only with Win7 (other two CMD files are for XP, but they are just for flashing purpose). Menu.cmd contains "backup all" option.

leufred

Apr 12, 2011
Inside "ac100_flash_v3a.rar" you can find menu.cmd. This one works only with Win7 (other two CMD files are for XP, but they are just for flashing purpose). Menu.cmd contains "backup all" option.

Mr. Tskisiu,
Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is kind people like you (and silver-Alx and the other Russian geniuses) that make life with AC100 enjoyable for us newbies !!
One more thing; can i also make us of v3a to do full restores?
regards!
Fred

leufred

Apr 12, 2011
Hi Dear Tskisiu
ooouch!
when I tried to backup full/system, I got :
"command failure: readdevice raw failed"
and nothing got copied.
one thing: I used a usb hard drive (working ok) for the backup, would that cause the problem?
please help me!
Fred

Last edited:

donomark

Apr 15, 2009
did you try to backup to the internal hard disk of your computer without connecting the usb drive?

probably the script is having confusion between the AC100 (connected to usb too) and usb drive trying to backup data from the usb hard drive

Hi Dear Tskisiu
ooouch!
when I tried to backup full/system, I got :
"command failure: readdevice raw failed"
and nothing got copied.
one thing: I used a usb hard drive (working ok) for the backup, would that cause the problem?
please help me!
Fred

donomark

Apr 15, 2009
silver-alx,
just installed your rom:working like a charm.
Thank you for your good job and keep going :)
Thank you also to the other members of the forum for the useful explantation.

Last edited:

leufred

Apr 12, 2011
did you try to
backup to the internal hard disk of your computer without connecting the usb drive?

probably the script is having confusion between the AC100 (connected to usb too) and usb drive trying to backup data from the usb hard drive

Dear Donomark,
you were right! It worked after i took of the usb drive and set the target to be ./backup.
thank you very much for your help!
Fred

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
Dear Donomark,
you were right! It worked after i took of the usb drive and set the target to be ./backup.
thank you very much for your help!
Fred

Hi, I seem to have the same problem - how did you do that in detail? The script doesn´t find the ./backup path and shows failure messages while running.
I have the Toshiba Ac100 connected (recovery mode) via USB to PC and then I got those messages. What do I need to to?
Please help an rookie!
Thanks, Kai

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
error message

Sorry, but I don not get any further installing the Market on the Toshiba Ac100.
I have connected the AC100 (recov. mode) via USB to a Win7 Laptop - run the backup script and it says: " connection failed NvError 0x30011"

What am I doing wrong here?

Furthermore I don not seem to be able to install the USB drivers - I guess!
It says (wind device manager) "unknown device" Where can I get those drivers?
And what is on the screen when the Ac100 is in recovery mode? Is it right that the screen remains dark and only the power LED (white light on the right side) is on?

Thanks for any helpful hints and tipps!

Kai

leufred

Apr 12, 2011
hi Kai,
first check if the ac100 driver is properly install into Win 7, here is how:
1) ac100 in recovery (flash) mode ("screen dark but power LED on") connected to pc (win 7);
2) press WINDOW Key and BREAK Key together, a window will come up, click "Device Manager", a list of device will come up;
3) open/enlarge "Usb", see if you have "Nividia....." there, if if does, then your driver is installed properly;
4) if you don't, look for "other device", then open/enlarge it, if you see "APX (with a triangle and a "!" inside ", right click, then click "properties", then click "update driver", .... then point it to the usbpcdriver folder inside the V3a folder, and it will find the proper drive there and install it.
5) after it finish, then go thru step 1) to 3) to check again to make sure.

Fred

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
Hi Fred, thanks for your description.
In the Win "device Manager" - under USB devices - I see a device called "unknown device" with a little yellow sign. When I right-click to update the driver and point to the V3a folder (USB_driver) it says - the driver already has been installed?!
And nothing changes. I have the google SDK package installed also.
I am going crazy - with this nifty little thing - with all my other Android devices it worked well...
Any other suggestions? Thanks, Kai

kyleumat

Feb 4, 2009
Hangover
okay, now a different error message that says:Error while installing the driver software for the device!
"NVIDIA Android Fastboot device - the device could no be started (Code 10)"

Hm??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So it appears that sometimes market init it works, sometimes not ... Strange

I played and did many factory resets to find the right way and now it works :D (triple checked!)
    I have a ac100-114 (French, no 3g), with android 2.2 and rooted with z4root.
    (For anyone playing with adb : before doing anything, make backups with the tegra tools, and be careful with this powerful tool!)

I also used a package from cyanogenmod : the gApps from tegra. (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Gapps#Google_Apps)

I looked into gAppsInstaller (here:
    http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/downloads/list and here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=867303) to find what are the mandatory apps to install from the gApps cm package:

Into /system/app/
    GenieWidget
    GoogleBackupTransport
    GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter
    GoogleContactsSyncAdapter
    GoogleFeedback
    GoogleServicesFramework
    MarketUpdater
    MediaUploader
    NetworkLocation
    Talk
    Vending
    Youtube *

Into /system/framework/
    com.google.android.maps.jar

Into /system/lib/
    libspeech.so
    libvoicesearch.so

Into /system/etc/permissions/
    features.xml
    com.google.android.maps.xml

* I had to replace Youtube.apk (in attachment) : I don't know why, but the one from cm is not working and prevent, even without launching it, the login into the market. I retrieved it from my hd2 running android ;-)
    Installing maps in /system/app prevents Market initialization.

Then I did a factory reset, followed by the Toshiba first init and wifi configuration.

Now start the Market : nothing else or you might have to factory reset to start over!
    Enter a random username (very important!), a random password and click next.
    The market should start checking and then tell you the login is wrong : good, it connected !
    Now click back, then enter your google account and click next : the Market should accept it and show the license page.
    Accept it, the market should appear a few seconds before foreclosing. Launch it again, it will forceclose again.

The third launch should be the right one ! :)

You will get forcecloses right after each app installation, but nothing to worry about : the app stays and appears in the download section of the market :D
    Gmail can be installed from the market. ;)
    Your contacts should be synchronized, Talk and Youtube should work.

Problems:
    For maps you will have to get the apk somewhere else.
    The calendar is missing. :(
    Hi, All!

Some answers :)

1. Differences between all models are size of memory and radio interfaces. I've made two versions because of different memory sizes (custom kernels doesn't work without it). If you have 8gigs - use 117 version, 32gigs - 116.
    2. ROM already have bluetooth gps provider.
    3. bl=bootlog for linux lovers :)
    Thanks for pointing out where is the FC cause !
    I did some more tests, and it seems that if the packages.xml gets modified, followed by sync (just in case, I don't know anything about caching on the ac100), and then a kill -9 -1 is executed, the added permission stays, even if the packages.xml gets scrambled after reboot :)
    For me it works : no more FCs :)

I found another thing : in order to see apps in the market that asks for the gps (maps, catch notes ...), just had this line to /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.location.xml, in the <permissions> tag :

<feature name="android.hardware.location.gps" />

(Make a backup of the file first ;))

So the bottom part of the file should look like :

<permissions>
    <feature name="android.hardware.location" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.location.network" />
    <feature name="android.hardware.location.gps" />
    </permissions>

But in order to get it working, you will need to login to the market for the first time, so a factory reset is required :(
    Firmware from the Russian community users of the AC100 Toshiba (android 2.2) All Google applications work fine(Market+Gmail+Tack)!

Different from the standard:
    1. Root
    2. Busybox 1.19
    3. Google Apps, including the latest market (by 116(Toshiba AC 100-116- russian 3G+Wi-Fi+32Gb model) runs without any problems), SetupWizard works too
    4. Jorte - perfect replacement calendar from Google, beautiful, seeing all the calendars
    5. Ad Blocking
    6. Titanium Backup
    7. Terminal Emulator
    8. New splash screen
    9. Spare Parts
    10. Easy selection of widgets

Installation in Windows:
    1. Download the firmware
    2. Unpack
    3. Translating the device in boot mode (turn off, esc + control + power)
    4. Install the driver from the archive
    5. Run bat file from the archive (ac100flash.cmd)
    6. We are waiting for the end of the loading and turning off the device while holding the button 10 seconds
    7. Turn device, answer all the questions for 116 checking in via 3G.
    8. Enjoy.
    Torrent: ****://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3498125
    Firmware+drivers ****://narod.ru/disk/8503508001/ac100_flash.rar.html
    Firmware(update) ****://narod.ru/disk/8819504001/ac100flash_v2.rar.html

Спасибо форуму ****://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=226289&st=40#entry7000473
    Skype on Toshiba AC100

hello,
    It is possible to use webcam with the last version of skype ?

ONLY with Android 3.
    You need almost Android 2.3

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

Hi, I'm going to buy AC100 NO3G... can you tell me if it supports any 3G USB dongle? If yes, can you say which internet keys?
    Thank you very much

3G modem only with alternative ROM like "aComb100 v0.4 Honeycomb 3.0.1"
    But never tried.
    In features you can read:
    "- 3G modems (usb or internal) start automatically;"