Nova Launcher Jelly Bean Beta

Search This thread

goresick

Jun 12, 2012
Charleston, SC
I love Nova Prime, and its my DD for all previous roms, but the beta was performing horribly on UCLF6 for me (and others it seems). I tried out the PA JB by JamieD, and I was enjoying that rom, so I thought I'd try out the JB beta on a JB rom. The performance difference was immediately noticeable. I was having a great time with it, but had to go back to UCLF6 to get my gaming fix (Chainfire 3D not compatible with CM10/JB yet).

I noticed the beta has updated again, I loaded up the newest one beta5, it still lags on UCLF6, so I switched back to...

NEW BETA UPDATE!!!!

1.3beta6 is out and it is ROCKIN for me on UCLF6, huge improvement over the last experience.

@ Bison - I was't running quite as many widgets as you ;)

BigBison420

Feb 19, 2012
jacksonville
www.facebook.com
I love Nova Prime, and its my DD for all previous roms, but the beta was performing horribly on UCLF6 for me (and others it seems). I tried out the PA JB by JamieD, and I was enjoying that rom, so I thought I'd try out the JB beta on a JB rom. The performance difference was immediately noticeable. I was having a great time with it, but had to go back to UCLF6 to get my gaming fix (Chainfire 3D not compatible with CM10/JB yet).

I noticed the beta has updated again, I loaded up the newest one beta5, it still lags on UCLF6, so I switched back to...

NEW BETA UPDATE!!!!

1.3beta6 is out and it is ROCKIN for me on UCLF6, huge improvement over the last experience.

@ Bison - I was't running quite as many widgets as you ;)

i had tried Dagr8's JB -- big fan of his work, but i wasn't impressed with nova beta... at all. back to prime 1.2.2 LOL maybe it's all the widgets ... who knows. I've edited build.prop and i'm supercharged with a few speed tweaks so who knows.

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
Yeah...I want to try this..but they have taken the link for beta version 6 down on the xda dev site...

So far that version is running flawlessly on liquid 09\06..I would try the new beta but not without a way back..

How are you finding it?

Go into nova settings, check for updates, click the three little buttons in top right corner, choose betta

abuneqed.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Reactions: crutzulee

crutzulee

Feb 20, 2011
Toronto
Go into nova settings, check for updates, click the three little buttons in top right corner, choose betta

abuneqed.jpg

Thanks Foxy..

I know how to apply the update...I am hesitant to do so because I don't see a way to revert back to version 6 if things don't work out...They have taken the version 6 link out of the dev thread,,,

dafoxs

Jun 5, 2008
Thanks Foxy..

I know how to apply the update...I am hesitant to do so because I don't see a way to revert back to version 6 if things don't work out...They have taken the version 6 link out of the dev thread,,,

Didn't know I was on it, it's fine, no problems
Do a tbu of six first, that way you'll have it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Updated Nova Launcher now in Beta.....read on

When you’re getting bored by your phone, or at least by how it looks, installing third-party launchers – instead of going to a phone relationship counselor – is a more practical solution to bring the love back. One popular option to consider is the Nova Launcher, which has just been updated by TeslaCoil Software to accommodate some Jelly Bean goodness.

The Jelly Bean-based version of Nova Launcher is now available as a public beta. If you’re wondering why it’s worth the shout out, it’s because the older version was based on the almost ancient (I kid) Ice Cream Sandwich. Here’s the full change log:

Merge jellybean launcher
    Automatic desktop rearrangement
    Automatic widget resize
    Fling to delete
    Smoother
    Import settings from other launchers (Stock, Samsung, HTC, Moto, Trebuchet, Apex)
    Custom Drawer grid size
    Add Info/Uninstall to quick menu, better centering and scrolling
    Update JB Icon Theme for Moto ICS
    Fix FCs
    You need to have Nova Launcher 1.2.2 installed (and run ICS) before you can download the beta. Once it’s installed, click “Nova Launcher 1.2.2 (check for updates)”, setting , Beta, and then hit the Update button. As is the case with all things beta, expect to see minor bumps and imperfections here and there.

Will you stick with version 1.2.2 of Nova Launcher or make the jump to beta?

source: http://www.androidauthority.com/nova-launcher-update-jelly-bean-106422/
    Click the update, then click the three small boxes to the right top. Then click beta. :)

bOx Stash - https://www.box.com/shared/d8a46b7252c38069deb1

yup, that's all in the OP....I was just telling Kflan if he's unsure he did it right he can test it with the above method.
    Looks like both Apex and Nova offer more features, I'll stick to them...thanks though.

:cool:
    Updated Nova Launcher now in Beta.....read on

When you’re getting bored by your phone, or at least by how it looks, installing third-party launchers – instead of going to a phone relationship counselor – is a more practical solution to bring the love back. One popular option to consider is the Nova Launcher, which has just been updated by TeslaCoil Software to accommodate some Jelly Bean goodness.

The Jelly Bean-based version of Nova Launcher is now available as a public beta. If you’re wondering why it’s worth the shout out, it’s because the older version was based on the almost ancient (I kid) Ice Cream Sandwich. Here’s the full change log:

Merge jellybean launcher
    Automatic desktop rearrangement
    Automatic widget resize
    Fling to delete
    Smoother
    Import settings from other launchers (Stock, Samsung, HTC, Moto, Trebuchet, Apex)
    Custom Drawer grid size
    Add Info/Uninstall to quick menu, better centering and scrolling
    Update JB Icon Theme for Moto ICS
    Fix FCs
    You need to have Nova Launcher 1.2.2 installed (and run ICS) before you can download the beta. Once it’s installed, click “Nova Launcher 1.2.2 (check for updates)”, setting , Beta, and then hit the Update button. As is the case with all things beta, expect to see minor bumps and imperfections here and there.

Will you stick with version 1.2.2 of Nova Launcher or make the jump to beta?

source: http://www.androidauthority.com/nova-launcher-update-jelly-bean-106422/

I made the jump...and have to say, Nova has a special place in my heart. But I installed it...and pooped around for 30 minutes looking for the import function, only to find out that I had to uninstall the app, install it, update to the beta, and import from a fresh installation in order for the import object to appear...in a widget-style button. The only problem is...if you're updating from within the app, there's no such thing as a fresh installation. Doubly poopyfaced is the fact that when you update in-app, the apk file that's downloaded isnt placed in the download folder, more any other reasonable place. So you can't update, delete the app to get a fresh start, and then reinstall it to be able to import your settings (necessary when you've had Nova on the back burner for a while), because the apk file disappears. Not realizing that Nova had a strong presence here at XDA, I had to pirate the APK (if you want to call side loading a free apk).

More convenient and common is the placement of an import option in the settings, and a popup notification advertising or prompting a user to import from other launchers when the app is first launched.

Overall, I made a sad face for wasting an hour, only to find out that Nova performance suffers this round, or from the heavy hands of my widgified home screen pages.