[RELEASE] TWRP 2.1.1 for Motorola Defy [2012-04-23]

Search This thread

Epsylon3

Jan 25, 2008
Geneva
tanguy.forumdoandroid.com
IMG_20120406_195041.jpg
2012-04-23_21-12-49_839.jpg

Yes, that's right, TWRP 2.1.0 is out RIGHT NOW! Hit the links below for a list of changes or install it via the GooManager app!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
Play Store Link
Direct Download
You can find more information and download links on our website!
Or get the signed zip attached here for the defy

BUGS:
If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's very hard to keep up with multiple threads for multiple devices. Please search the issues list first. Your issue may have already been reported.

SUPPORT:
Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

---

installs, backup and restore tested, compatible cm7 and ics (and with my rom updater tool too) without any tweak.

Defy Page : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/91

Sources are published here and here

To compile it yourself : http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23903-how-to-compile-twrp-from-source/

Attachments

• openrecovery-twrp-2.1.0-jordan-signed.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,943
  • openrecovery-twrp-2.1.1-jordan-signed.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 7,476
Last edited:

mihovil13

May 9, 2011
Nice! Thanks!

Looks like UEFI bios for a PC....

But I think that other guys on xda would rather have a fully working HWA than this :)
But thanks anyway! Keep it up! :D

m11kkaa

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2011
Great work!
With an touch-UI I don't have to worry, that my volume-bar will be damaged someday ;)

mihovil13

May 9, 2011
Epy rules...I don't know is there any developer on this forum that gives such effort to developing like Epsylon3 or Quarx !

tarekh020

Oct 1, 2009
Alexandria
Recovery New Era

Woooow
What a nice great great great effort and work
Thank you so much almighty Epsylon3 :cool:

You are the defy and android magician
:D:D:D:D:D:D We have a magician in our forum :D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
i don't know what new features TWRP has except the beautiful GUI...
if there's no other features, i can't see a good point to do this. We don't use the recovery very often.
but thanks for your efforts for porting cm7&cm9 any way.

m11kkaa

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2011
if there's no other features, i can't see a good point to do this. We don't use the recovery very often.

I'm using recovery very often and a touch-ui is really good to protect physical buttons. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMG_20120406_195041.jpg
    2012-04-23_21-12-49_839.jpg

Yes, that's right, TWRP 2.1.0 is out RIGHT NOW! Hit the links below for a list of changes or install it via the GooManager app!

Team Win Recovery Project 2.1, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOAD:
    The fastest and easiest way to install TWRP is to use the GooManager app:
    Play Store Link
    Direct Download
    You can find more information and download links on our website!
    Or get the signed zip attached here for the defy

BUGS:
    If you have found a bug, please consider posting it to our github issues log. It's very hard to keep up with multiple threads for multiple devices. Please search the issues list first. Your issue may have already been reported.

SUPPORT:
    Live support is available via #twrp on Freenode with your IRC client or just click this link.

---

installs, backup and restore tested, compatible cm7 and ics (and with my rom updater tool too) without any tweak.

Defy Page : http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/91

Sources are published here and here

To compile it yourself : http://rootzwiki.com/topic/23903-how-to-compile-twrp-from-source/
    a word of caution... the latest quarx build 020812 and TWRP are not compatible, if you flash TWRP you will not be able to access recovery and you'll have to start all over by flashing an sbf
    I wonder if this will be added to cm7 nightlies... cause with each update the cwmr comes back...

no, cm is a whole system... but this new recovery could be included some day, now its fully opensource...

actually required libs are built from an old aosp gingerbread, and use an old patched busybox for tar/gz archives... that should be fixed before it can be in cm repo...
    How to update bootmenu ?

here it's a update file made by @nepotu ,wich contains bootmenu 1.1.8 , TWRP 2.1.0 , multiboot 0.5.3 and CWM 5.0.6
    http://db.tt/o0kNpJMv

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

I'm using recovery very often and a touch-ui is really good to protect physical buttons. :)