1,529 posts
Thanks Meter: 225

By Kaptinkrunk, Senior Member on 4th November 2012, 07:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th March 2013, 02:59 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dell 1090
Hello to all I'm new here and would like to make my contribute . I have dell 1090 dual boot WIN8 and android x86 . Every thing is working great but wifi. Its relay a great experience and I just love it. If someone has the solution would be nice to hear.
16th March 2013, 11:22 PM |#82  
Flag Maasbracht
Thanks Meter: 165

More
Hey, none off the ics distro's are compatible with my laptop. but the dev-jelly bean is.
it boots, i have good graphics, sound and wifi, but this build doesn't have the arm translator. so its pretty useless coz alot off aps do not work.

is there any way to put the arm translator in jelly bean?

by the way: i haven't tried the Android-x86-ICS-4.0.2.iso distro, coz the link is down. does somebody have it?
24th March 2013, 01:38 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
HP T5740 Thin Client
Hey Guys,
I have a couple old HP thin clients. Considering wiping out WinXPe and installing Android x86. The current hardware list is as follows:
Processor: Atom N280
Sound: Realtek High Definition Audio
Display: Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Network: Atheros AR5009 802.11a/g/n Wifi Adapter
Broadcom Netlink Gigabit Ethernet #2
Disk Drive: 2gb ATA Flash Disk
Memory: 2gb DDR2 RAM

Would love to make this an Android TV box.
The Following User Says Thank You to fastvan67 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fastvan67 Ad-Free
12th April 2013, 09:16 PM |#84  
Flag Essex
Thanks Meter: 26

More
hi im not sure which version I need to be trying. I have a mdi windbox. which is just a mini pc. it has a duel core amd processor with ati graphics. can nayone direct me to the right one please
15th April 2013, 03:54 PM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinessex

hi im not sure which version I need to be trying. I have a mdi windbox. which is just a mini pc. it has a duel core amd processor with ati graphics. can nayone direct me to the right one please

Checked your machine and your CPU is an AMD Fusion E-450.

So AMD Brazos should be the one that should work for you.

For desktop users:

Quote:

Latest prebuilt 4.2.2 should be usable but it is without ARM support.
4.0.4 without ARM, and basically a make of the latest ICS repository which I built myself : www.mediafire.com/download.php?7v1ud2lqmz556l5
See attached screenshot

And some more custom builts for 4.0.4 (with ARM support) can also be found on www.tabletsx86.org

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	android4.0.4_x86.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	1885798  
15th April 2013, 05:18 PM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
It's any chance of getting this on HP dv7-5050es??
15th April 2013, 06:26 PM |#87  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herone

It's any chance of getting this on HP dv7-5050es??

Get what on that machine ?

If you want to run Android 4.2.2 without ARM support you could try the latest Android_x86 build : Here
If you want to run Android 4.0.4 with (experimental) ARM support you could try the latest tabletsx86 build : Here
If you want to run Android 4.1.1 with (experimental) ARM support you could try the lastest Jar of Beans build : Here. Development thread on the forum : Here

Couldn't add this line before (had to wait for 5 minutes, between posts )

As the HP website shows that your HP dv7-5050es has an "2.0 GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor" you should be safe with any of the prebuilt "generic_x86" builds.
The Following User Says Thank You to o0SmOkE0o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o0SmOkE0o Ad-Free
17th April 2013, 03:59 AM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Flag GastesOfHell

More
Thanks smoky I don't have a laptop to test on sadly

Sent from my NookColor using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
17th April 2013, 11:22 AM |#89  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptinkrunk

Thanks smoky I don't have a laptop to test on sadly

Sent from my NookColor using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Np Kaptinkrunk (now just hope the info I provided is correct )

I dont have a laptop either to fiddle around with

First started with a Win 7 Machine with BlueStacks (but sadly only Android 2.x but ARM)
Then Androidx86 (4.2.2 without ARM) in a Virtual Box on Win 7. But as building / compiling with Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS inside a Virtual Box took too long (as I wanted to play around with 4.x with ARM) + browse the web for information needed)
Rebuild my machine to Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS so I can compile it a lot faster (and browse the web a lot better)

Now I am happily compiling / building / experimenting with Qemu. Goal : Android 4.2.2 with ARM
The Following User Says Thank You to o0SmOkE0o For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift o0SmOkE0o Ad-Free
18th April 2013, 09:51 PM |#90  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have a HP Laptop (MODEL NO - HP 630) when I try this show an error "NOT A HP TX2500" what iso I download for my laptop??? or how i install android on my laptop.
19th April 2013, 02:24 AM |#91  
OP Senior Member
Flag GastesOfHell

More
And for those who thanked me thank you XD

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)