[HOWTO] Flashing CWRecovery to i9000m & upgrade to ICS AOSP 4.x ROM from any version

Search This thread

Getinaf

Aug 19, 2011
I tried to do that, using every builds (Teamhacksung Build 9/10, oneCosmic's), wiping two times each time, with the Dalvik, and it aint working. Anyone have an idea? I followed exactly the steps in the tutorial btw.

I forgot to say, I also removed my external SD to flash, try that!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

lilreaper13

Nov 26, 2010
I forgot to say, I also removed my external SD to flash, try that!

I'll try doing that... but what is weird is that it reset during the installation, almost at the same point for all the versions i tried

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I'll try doing that... but what is weird is that it reset during the installation, almost at the same point for all the versions i tried

Finally did it! By removing the sd card it still failed at the installation from CWR, but started installing again after booting (Build 9)

Getinaf

Aug 19, 2011

---------- Post added at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

Finally did it! By removing the sd card it still failed at the installation from CWR, but started installing again after booting (Build 9)

Yeah, the same thing happened to me. It seemed to have some option dependent on the external SD that was fixed by removing it and using Team Hacksung build 9.

aaron_940

Nov 4, 2011
Excellent instructions. I got the JVP firmware installed and rooted on my I9000M, however I have no service now. I'm still relatively new to all of this. How do I get service back on my phone? (I'm still panicking at this point..)

Excellent instructions. I got the JVP firmware installed and rooted on my I9000M, however I have no service now. I'm still relatively new to all of this. How do I get service back on my phone? (I'm still panicking at this point..)

Flash either kg3 modem or kc1

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Reactions: aaron_940

snehasish

Dec 7, 2011
Cm7 has the JVK modem so it should work. In running Cm7-nightly181 with JVK.

aaron_940

Nov 4, 2011
Thanks, I'll give those a shot later. I'm back on stock for the time being.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

robo-d

May 15, 2011
Help with MyICS RC 2.1.5. I installed the rom and it's not the bootanimation and does not connect to the computer. How I can return to the onecosmic's? I'm Spanish.

mackendw

Aug 27, 2011
ICS 4.0.3 RC2.11 upgrade on Bell Samsung Galaxy S I9000M

Hi:

Just expressing my gratitude for your time in putting the files/links and HOWTO info. Used your info in transit from Gingerbread GKG3 -> your ROM with CWM and rooted kernel to apply ICS 4.0.3 RC2.11 by Onecosmic.

Only glitch I encoutered was after applying ICS it rebooted and showed the flying disks in color as part of boot but would not come up clean. So I powered off hard and did the 3 button combo to go into CWM recovery and wiped data + caches and rebooted. Up she came. Phone working (Text, phone, camera, etc.). Only issue encountered is with bluetooth and USB connections (outstanding issues).

thx for your time spent :)
W. MacKenzie

|=>AmuzZ<=|

Jun 24, 2011
Moshi
hey jus wanted to ask.. i did all the steps everythin wemt well i have installed the build12 n its workin fine jus 1 thing after i updated from 2.3.4 ti ICS i dont c CWRecovery in the menu how do i boot in recovery mode

androidwizard

Jan 5, 2012
Awesome guide. I am currently running ics from teamhacksung on my Bell get i9000m. Love It. I do have two issues though. I can't seem to get face unlock to work. And I am missing my swype. I know there is slide it in market but it is not the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Awesome guide. I am currently running ics from teamhacksung on my Bell get i9000m. Love It. I do have two issues though. I can't seem to get face unlock to work. And I am missing my swype. I know there is slide it in market but it is not the same. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you flash the latest face unlock zip from the ics thread?? And search xda for the latest swipe and install...

I'm not on ICS yet because its only in alpha stages.. so I'm probably not much help to you if what I suggested doesn't work ask in the team hacksung thread

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

androidwizard

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks. I did download the face unlock.zip. When I try to open the program it says settings has closed. I will keep working at it though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [HOWTO] Flashing CWRecovery to i9000m & upgrade to ICS AOSP 4.x ROM from any version

Seems like there's little or no love for the i9000m here since I've left this section of the forum.
    I'm still getting a lot of PMs by members of this section.
    Apparently a lot of people had their questions gone unanswered, so here it is at last.
    If you have the i9000m or any of the i9000 variants that have the extra letter, all you need to do is flash a stock i9000 ROM with Odin ;)

...think about it, after all chances are if you want to install CWR, you'll be flashing Custom ROMs that are made for the i9000 :D

so, why do it the hard way when resources for specific models like i9000m or i9000b are so hard to come by, instead do it the easy way use the i9000 resources that are available everywhere ;)

Requirements:

ICS flavour to choose from:

Odin flash back to stock in case sheet! happens ;)

Flashing Root and CWR via Odin:
    • Boot into Download mode (3 buttons salute)
    • run Odin
      choose only these 3 parts
      PIT = 512
      PDA = CODE_I9000XXJVP_CL264642_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5
      CSC = GT-I9000-CSC-MULTI-OXAJVP.tar.md5
    • flash it (Start)
      note: you do not need to change your KG3 modem for Canada
      odinjvponlyflashpitpdac.png
    • wait for it to finish rebooting, and skip all those steps in the 1st time phone wizard
    • reboot back into download mode again
    • close your previous session of Odin
    • run a new session of Odin
    • select PDA
    • select CF-Root-XX_OXA_JVP-v3.7-CWM3RFS.tar
    • flash it (Start)
    • it will reboot again
    • Congratulation! if all went well you should see these in your App drawer screen
      sc20111206232806.png

sc20111206232732.png
      sc20111206232748.png
    • to make sure it actually works, go into CWManager, and select ClockworkMod
    • select reboot into recovery
    • if all goeswell you should be inside the orange ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

Flashing ICS AOSP ROM

if you followed all the above to this point, might as well have fun and load ICS, but first...
    • in CWR make a Nandroid backup of your stock JVP with KG3 modem
    • in CWR select backup and restore
    • select backup in the sub menu, i'll take about a minute or two to complete
    • it will automatically go back to the main menu in CWR when it's done with the backup
    • select mounts and storage
    • select mount USB storage in the sub menu
    • now copy & paste the ICS ROM to your phone, and optionally the Google Apps, face unlock, etc
    • select unmount
    • select +++++Go Back+++++
    • select wipe data/factory reset
    • select wipe cache partition
    • select install zip from sdcard
    • select choose zip from sdcard
      in my case i installed these:
      - ICS_4.0.1_r1-Beta2-i9000.zip (AOSP) or teamhacksung_galaxysmtd-ota-eng.BUILD7.zip ("CM9")
      - gappsv5.1.zip
    • optionally you can also install
      - face-unlockv5-final.zip
      - FuguModICS_GT-I9000_update-Beta2.zip
      - bd-ics-bootanimation-flashable.zip
    • after the flash it will reboot on its own, let it do its ICS magic

Enjoy! :D
    Troubleshooting

if your upgrade to ICS fail
    do not despair...
    just repeat the Odin steps to get back to KG3 stock + CWR
    and flash another ICS build

also if you see the dreadful Phone-Warning-PC screen of death
    Samsung_Galaxy_S_Black_Screen_of_Death.jpg

just hold the 3 key salute buttons to go back, with the USB cable plugged in, to go back to Download mode and flash back to KG3 stock
    Thanks! One of the best guides available.
    Thanks! On my part, I had trouble to flash JVP directly from KG3. I hat to flash back KC1 (froyo) and then I was able to flash JVP.
    Hey love the ics look and feel so far the only issue is my modem i tried flashing my ukg3 modem through odin but still nothing i have an i9000 through bell in canada and need that modem working im going to try ukg1

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

So that didnt work either any ideas anyone?

Dont flash through odin.. use a CM7 Radio and flash through CWM