FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GENERAL CHAT!! All XDA'ers Welcome (noobs included) :)

2,793 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,681
 
By DarkStryder, Senior Member on 11th November 2013, 06:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th March 2014, 12:12 PM |#271  
Ryan the Skitzo's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Ocala
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raamishmk

Thats pretty good.
And isnt ART buggy as i read somewhere.?
Another question people, is it possible to theme the TWRP 2.7.0.1 by Android-Andi for our P31XX ..?

It has some bugs. mainly with apps as some just don't work.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
24th March 2014, 11:20 PM |#272  
Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Memory problems with CM on GT-P3110
Only recently I bought my Tablet so I'm not too experienced with it yet. I flashed a CWM through Heimdall and followed CM instructions but the CWM was not for Kitkat so I got stuck with booting cm-11-20140323-NIGHTLY-p3110 and put temporary the cm-10.1.3-p3110 on it. That flashed fine but when I installed the right CWM and Kitkat + gapps all was smooth BUT my dear 8Gb memory is reduced now until 4,59Gb.

Not only that, I cannot move my apps to external SD! So all works fine but with these memory problems I can't get any further.
  • What did I do wrong and how can I get my missing 3,4Gb back?
  • Can I work with app2sd or similar? Anybody good experiences?
I also noticed that It's like I cannot change foldernames even though I'm root in sd0

Thanks for any help
26th March 2014, 12:02 PM |#273  
lokesh.3440's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Shimla
Thanks Meter: 535
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2S2

Only recently I bought my Tablet so I'm not too experienced with it yet. I flashed a CWM through Heimdall and followed CM instructions but the CWM was not for Kitkat so I got stuck with booting cm-11-20140323-NIGHTLY-p3110 and put temporary the cm-10.1.3-p3110 on it. That flashed fine but when I installed the right CWM and Kitkat + gapps all was smooth BUT my dear 8Gb memory is reduced now until 4,59Gb.

Not only that, I cannot move my apps to external SD! So all works fine but with these memory problems I can't get any further.

  • What did I do wrong and how can I get my missing 3,4Gb back?
  • Can I work with app2sd or similar? Anybody good experiences?
I also noticed that It's like I cannot change foldernames even though I'm root in sd0

Thanks for any help

Are you cure you had complete 8 gb internal storage because actual formatted capacity is always less likewise i have a P3100 with 16 GB advertised but i only get 11.87 GB...left-over part is sucked by Android itself. No CM based ROM has A2SD feature by default only Android 4.2.2 stock ROM has native A2SD feature. If you still wanna use A2SD feature, you can stick with Cronmod Script but you will have to partition your Sd card into Ext3.. All detailed instructions are available here :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1879806......
For changing foldernames(if they are not System folders), although you can rename them directly but still if you are running into issues,try renaming them using Root explorer(google it you will easily get it).
The Following User Says Thank You to lokesh.3440 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokesh.3440 Ad-Free
26th March 2014, 03:35 PM |#274  
raamishmk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kanpur
Thanks Meter: 178
 
Donate to Me
More
After flashing any custom rom..your space left would be 4.59 GB if u have an 8gb model.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raamishmk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift raamishmk Ad-Free
29th March 2014, 11:12 PM |#275  
Junior Member
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Memory mystery solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by raamishmk

After flashing any custom rom..your space left would be 4.59 GB if u have an 8gb model.

Ok, thanks. Good to know I didn't do anything wrong but could I repartition the Tab2 P-3110 or is that asking for trouble. I never checked how the memory was on stock ROM as the first thing I did after buying was pull that one off..,

Link2SD seems to work a bit. Not for moving to SD but you can create links to the application file and to the dalvik-cache file.
When linking a few apps like this you will see with for example with "partition table" your /data/sdext2, (in my case ext2), getting filled up.

If anybody has a real good solution I would be very pleased to know and thanks for the info so far.
29th March 2014, 11:40 PM |#276  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
p3113
I have a p3113 and in the end I ended going back to AOKP. I used another ROM from the same creators for my first android phone I think it was a Samsung captivate. But they seem to have the features that I like with stability and an active dev crew who fix any bugs they find out about.
30th March 2014, 09:24 PM |#277  
toughtiger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 252
 
Donate to Me
More
SOKP
Dear all. Adi aka audio god has developed new customer's ROM which is awesome. If we need this ROM for our tab 2 we need to support him by using his existing ROM like sensonic. I spoke to him and he is bit unhappy that tab 2 community is not supporting him. Really sad. He has done a lot for our tab 2. Please come together and support his hard work please

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Superb features. If interested pls inform
30th March 2014, 09:36 PM |#278  
toughtiger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 252
 
Donate to Me
More
Smile SOKP
Just go through
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-00-56-09.png
Views:	32
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	2659385  
30th March 2014, 09:43 PM |#279  
toughtiger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 252
 
Donate to Me
More
SOKP
Main features and counting.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-01-09-35.png
Views:	19
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	2659406  
31st March 2014, 12:03 AM |#280  
toughtiger's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 252
 
Donate to Me
More
Smile SOKP
Screen shot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-54.png
Views:	20
Size:	204.8 KB
ID:	2659582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-44.png
Views:	20
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	2659583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-36.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	2659584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-31-03-27-26.png
Views:	20
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	2659585  
31st March 2014, 08:38 AM |#281  
tetakpatak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lucerne
Thanks Meter: 2,339
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughtiger

Dear all. Adi aka audio god has developed new customer's ROM which is awesome. If we need this ROM for our tab 2 we need to support him by using his existing ROM like sensonic. I spoke to him and he is bit unhappy that tab 2 community is not supporting him. Really sad. He has done a lot for our tab 2. Please come together and support his hard work please

Tab 2 community is in general just a bit shy and not so flashing freaky like elsewhere, but it is getting better

I have checked meanwhile his threads and saw that he develops only for P31xx tabs. I've asked him if he would like to compile the ROMs also for the P51xx tabs as the hardware is so similar.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes