Google Talk and Google Sync Settings

Search This thread

tmthrash

Mar 22, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I have a problem with Gmail and Talk. I have two accounts on Play Store. One address with gmail.com extension and other one has a different extension but it is configured on Google Apps services so it is based to Gmail. When I add this address to Gmail, Gmail stops working. If I only add to @gmail.com address Gmail app works. Is there any solution for that?

P.S. On my Galaxy SII, my both address works without any problem with any Google apps.

Have you tried installing another mail app. I have had issues with this before and usually solved with manually adjusting the input pout servers. Since it uses an different host name I believe its redirected thru a proxy on their servers.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

tnpapadakos

Dec 20, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Have you tried installing another mail app. I have had issues with this before and usually solved with manually adjusting the input pout servers. Since it uses an different host name I believe its redirected thru a proxy on their servers.

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

why dont you just add the other account to your gmail account on the PC...gmail>settings>accounts and import

Misfit77

Mar 31, 2011
Well I re-rooted on 7.2.3 and have been unable to get Google chat to load. It always insta-crashes. I have tried all manner of combinations of installing from the system folder with no luck. Also, I can't even get accountsyncsettings.apk to install. Anyone having similar difficulties?

Last edited:

allgood2386

Dec 10, 2010
Well I re-rooted on 7.2.3 and have been unable to get Google chat to load. It always insta-crashes. I have tried all manner of combinations of installing from the system folder with no luck. Also, I can't even get accountsyncsettings.apk to install. Anyone having similar difficulties?

I've finally got root today and I'm on 7.2.3. I was able to get the acountsyncsettings working via the instructions on this page but gtalk/chat crashes on startup.

Edit: here's a log, it may help to figure out something.

12-24 16:48:54.990 E/DatabaseUtils(481): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://com.google.android.providers.talk/accounts/status
12-24 16:48:54.990 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.queryInternal(TalkProvider.java:1732)
12-24 16:48:54.990 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.query(TalkProvider.java:1436)
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://com.google.android.providers.talk/accounts/status
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): at com.google.android.talk.DatabaseUtils.getAllAccountInfos(DatabaseUtils.java:77)
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): at com.google.android.talk.TalkApp$RetrieveGTalkAccounts.doInBackground(TalkApp.java:833)
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): at com.google.android.talk.TalkApp$RetrieveGTalkAccounts.doInBackground(TalkApp.java:821)
12-24 16:48:55.053 E/DatabaseUtils(481): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://com.google.android.providers.talk/accountSettings/1
12-24 16:48:55.053 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.queryInternal(TalkProvider.java:1732)
12-24 16:48:55.053 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.query(TalkProvider.java:1436)

Last edited:

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Apps Talk.apk and AccountSyncSettings.apk

I've finally got root today and I'm on 7.2.3. I was able to get the acountsyncsettings working via the instructions on this page but gtalk/chat crashes on startup.

Edit: here's a log, it may help to figure out something.

12-24 16:48:54.990 E/DatabaseUtils(481): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://com.google.android.providers.talk/accounts/status
12-24 16:48:54.990 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.queryInternal(TalkProvider.java:1732)
12-24 16:48:54.990 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.query(TalkProvider.java:1436)
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://com.google.android.providers.talk/accounts/status
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): at com.google.android.talk.DatabaseUtils.getAllAccountInfos(DatabaseUtils.java:77)
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): at com.google.android.talk.TalkApp$RetrieveGTalkAccounts.doInBackground(TalkApp.java:833)
12-24 16:48:55.029 E/AndroidRuntime(2714): at com.google.android.talk.TalkApp$RetrieveGTalkAccounts.doInBackground(TalkApp.java:821)
12-24 16:48:55.053 E/DatabaseUtils(481): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown URL content://com.google.android.providers.talk/accountSettings/1
12-24 16:48:55.053 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.queryInternal(TalkProvider.java:1732)
12-24 16:48:55.053 E/DatabaseUtils(481): at com.google.android.gsf.talk.TalkProvider.query(TalkProvider.java:1436)

I have attached the versions that are working well on my Kindle 7" HD (Rooted). Maybe these will help you?

Attachments

• AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
    228.2 KB · Views: 340
  • Talk.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 166

mine260309

Jan 5, 2013
I am hoping someone can help! I have a 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. It's rooted, the Play Store is installed and working OK, Maps works OK, and Google Voice works OK.

BUT - I can't get GMail to work. It says "Gmail Has Stopped". (Not, "Unfortunately, GMail has stopped.")

And, I cannot get the Sync Settings App that you mention to work either. Like GMail, it opens for a split second, then closes.

NEVER MIND...found the correct one. that fixed it

I have exactly the same problem as yours. On rooted 8.9" KFHD, Google Play is installed, but gmail did NOT work.
Hope someone could help on this.

mine260309

Jan 5, 2013
I was able to figure out my gmail sync/push problem. It's locked out by the amazon ecosystem but if you use AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, it can be unlocked and the gmail option in settings will allow you to use the stock android sync settings. I believe this is the gingerbread version but has been running on my ICS GoogleFramework. Gmail still has a slight delay over the stock fire HD email app but now if you want gmail fully functional, it works. I've had the notification bar temporarily disappear but appears to be due to a bug in Gmail app. I saw others mention something like this happening in another thread.

Downloaded Sync Settings from the play store for quick access, it allows you to choose between stock amazon settings and the android settings. This only works once you've installed AccountAndSyncSettings.apk

I have yet to figure out the gtalk disconnection issue. Any feedback will still be appreciated.

In the last picture, you can just use the sync settings app from the play store to access and manage your accounts. Mine goes in order of Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Exchange and Gmail. Email addresses blocked out for privacy.

**** In order to fully activate google sync for the very first time, you need to turn on the sync settings through gmail first. Then you can use the sync settings shortcut app to get to the rest of your sync and manage from there. Again, this was done on a rooted 7.1.5 device with google play account active and done at your own risk.

After installing Sync Settings and enabled gmail sync, my gmail is working now. Thanks a lot!

juinny

Aug 20, 2010
Toronto
mine260309,

It sounds like you are functioning correct? If you need anything else please let us know. I am sorry for the delayed

response, we have been busy.

This may be a far cry but I need help for the same problem except I'm using Galaxy S3 i747.
I'm currently running Jelly Bean 4.2.1 and I don't know if installing a different Google Services Framework.apk will work or if it'll brick my phone.
My gtalk hasn't been syncing and it has been frustrating as I use it everyday.
Thanks for any advice.

prokennexusa

Jan 12, 2012
Petaluma
plus.google.com
Google Sync Services and Login Services for Jelly Bean

This may be a far cry but I need help for the same problem except I'm using Galaxy S3 i747.
I'm currently running Jelly Bean 4.2.1 and I don't know if installing a different Google Services Framework.apk will work or if it'll brick my phone.
My gtalk hasn't been syncing and it has been frustrating as I use it everyday.
Thanks for any advice.

juinny,

OK, so you have a Galaxy S3 with Google Apps on Jelly Bean and you are having trouble with Syncing or Logging into Google Play Store? Since we were not entirely sure, we have attached the array of backend Google Services. This is by not means complete, so if this does not work, reply back with your exact problem in detail and we will resolve your problem.

The attached 4 services - ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk, Gmail2.apk, GoogleLoginService.apk, GoogleServicesFramework.apk - and are for Jelly Bean and will NOT work on the Kindle Fire series of tablets. We house every Google Apps for every Android OS. Having said this, we will be able to resolve just about any problem. There are some Library files that may be corrupt, so if this does not work, reply back with the exact problem and we will add Library files if we believe it will resolve your problem.

Attachments

• ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
    192.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Gmail2.apk
    1.8 MB · Views: 154
  • GoogleLoginService.apk
    2.1 MB · Views: 213
  • GoogleServicesFramework.apk
    764.8 KB · Views: 221

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was able to figure out my gmail sync/push problem. It's locked out by the amazon ecosystem but if you use AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, it can be unlocked and the gmail option in settings will allow you to use the stock android sync settings. I believe this is the gingerbread version but has been running on my ICS GoogleFramework. Gmail still has a slight delay over the stock fire HD email app but now if you want gmail fully functional, it works. I've had the notification bar temporarily disappear but appears to be due to a bug in Gmail app. I saw others mention something like this happening in another thread.

Downloaded Sync Settings from the play store for quick access, it allows you to choose between stock amazon settings and the android settings. This only works once you've installed AccountAndSyncSettings.apk

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.francesandmarky.android.syncsettings&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5mcmFuY2VzYW5kbWFya3kuYW5kcm9pZC5zeW5jc2V0dGluZ3MiXQ..

I have yet to figure out the gtalk disconnection issue. Any feedback will still be appreciated.

In the last picture, you can just use the sync settings app from the play store to access and manage your accounts. Mine goes in order of Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, Dropbox, Exchange and Gmail. Email addresses blocked out for privacy.

**** In order to fully activate google sync for the very first time, you need to turn on the sync settings through gmail first. Then you can use the sync settings shortcut app to get to the rest of your sync and manage from there. Again, this was done on a rooted 7.1.5 device with google play account active and done at your own risk.

imag1971.jpg
    imag1972.jpg
    imag1973d.jpg

imag1974.jpg
    imag1962.jpg
    I originally posted this in another thread, but in case anyone else is interested, I got the ICS google talk installed on the kindle fire HD. I pulled 4.0.3 GoogleServicesFramework and talk from my Evo 3D and it installed on my rooted fire HD without a hitch. Gtalk works except a few minor things. Apparently the front camera is not supported, so anyone trying to contact you via camera or you trying to contact via camera will cause it to force close. Also voice chat is not functional and will force close. I've had the whole camera app crash out but a reboot brought it back. Regular text chat works with no problems.

My biggest issue is that Gtalk will seem to disconnect when the device is on sleep or out of the app for a period of time. I noticed that when I originally installed gingerbread talk on the kindle fire 1st gen, it had the same issue. I don't know if anyone has input on this on how to fix this issue, I haven't had much luck searching.

I noticed that my gmail app will not actively sync with my account (push mail) and am not sure if this is related to Gtalk losing connection. Everything else works fine, play store, maps, youtubeHD.

I threw in 4.0.3 GoogleLoginService for a complete set and have it installed myself.

I've had no problems but just a friendly reminder, everything done and installed is at your own risk.

If you install GoogleServicesFramework.apk, Talk.apk without a fully functional play store yet and can't log in, you will need to install the play store to sync your account first. Instructions can be found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1893410 Follow the instructions and download the provided apk's on the link page. AFTER google play is up and running, you can update to 4.0.3 Google services and install ICS talk.