Nook HD+ recovery loops, status 7 and so on

Search This thread
Jan 26, 2013
Hi there,

i'm having huge problems getting my HD+ fixed.

what happened: shut down out of nowhere, didnt boot the ROM, just TWRP recovery loops. Flashing and wiping did nothing good to the device. I always got errors when trying to install zips (data1 not found or something like this), but somehow the installation of CWM worked.

At the moment: CWM 6.0.4.5, when booting into recovery, under mounts/storage it says that system, data rom and bootdata arent mounted (but i can mount them from there).

trying to flash a new ROM or other zips doesnt work: Status 7.

I've read several threads over here, but I'm still confused and dont know how to save my HD+. Which exact files should i flash in which order? How to get rid of status 7?

Thank you so much.

Greetings
Richy

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Hi there,

what happened: shut down out of nowhere, didnt boot the ROM, just TWRP recovery loops. Flashing and wiping did nothing good to the device. I always got errors when trying to install zips (data1 not found or something like this), but somehow the installation of CWM worked.

At the moment: CWM 6.0.4.5, when booting into recovery, under mounts/storage it says that system, data rom and bootdata arent mounted (but i can mount them from there).

I've read several threads over here, but I'm still confused and dont know how to save my HD+. Which exact files should i flash in which order? How to get rid of status 7?

Thank you so much.

Greetings
Richy

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2062613

Go to section 6 and restore to stock.

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
Hi there,

Thank you so much.

Greetings
Richy
That v6045 of CWM is causing the status 7 errors. You need an older version for older zips. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item 1a. Then you can flash whatever you want, including that plain stock zip from item 6.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Jan 26, 2013
Hi,

thanks for your answers.

I made a CWM SD as described. I put it into my HD+. But how do I avoid my Nook booting into the already-installed emmc-6.0.4.5? I rebooted it several times and always landed in the 6.0.4.5, so I assume i'm not in the SD-CWM which i desperately need. I also pushed "NookHDplus-CWM-6036-for-internal-memory-rev1-(09.22.13).zip" to the internal memory and tried to flash this, but no chance - status 7.

As I see it, the problem is to get into the older CWM-SD because the 6.0.4.5 won't let me install earlier CWMs (status 7)?

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Hi,

thanks for your answers.

I made a CWM SD as described. I put it into my HD+. But how do I avoid my Nook booting into the already-installed emmc-6.0.4.5? I rebooted it several times and always landed in the 6.0.4.5, so I assume i'm not in the SD-CWM which i desperately need. I also pushed "NookHDplus-CWM-6036-for-internal-memory-rev1-(09.22.13).zip" to the internal memory and tried to flash this, but no chance - status 7.

As I see it, the problem is to get into the older CWM-SD because the 6.0.4.5 won't let me install earlier CWMs (status 7)?

Can you boot 11? I have found my new nook won't boot from the SDcard unless I boot unmount the old card and mount the new one before booting.

Jan 26, 2013
Seems as if i have the problem lots of other users have encountered: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2288688&page=6

When I installed CWM/CM the first time, I didnt have any problem with this, using the exact same hardware. Is it even possible to boot right from SD with my emmc-installed 6045, or is it just bad luck like those other guys in the thread mentioned?

Sideload doesnt work neither, CWM 6045 tells me to begin sideloading, but ADB gives me the whole "help"-listing instead (as if I used a wrong command or something: adb sideload filename.zip) of a working sideload-process. When I start sideload in CWM, "adb devices" gives me "host", dont know if this is good.

Can you boot 11? I have found my new nook won't boot from the SDcard unless I boot unmount the old card and mount the new one before booting.

You mean I should try to boot CM11 from SDcard (i assume i end up with the same problem that the Nook doesnt want to boot from SD-CWM)? Where should I unmount the card? I dont think i'm getting your idea :(

Thank you!

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Seems as if i have the problem lots of other users have encountered: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2288688&page=6

When I installed CWM/CM the first time, I didnt have any problem with this, using the exact same hardware. Is it even possible to boot right from SD with my emmc-installed 6045, or is it just bad luck like those other guys in the thread mentioned?

Sideload doesnt work neither, CWM 6045 tells me to begin sideloading, but ADB gives me the whole "help"-listing instead (as if I used a wrong command or something: adb sideload filename.zip) of a working sideload-process. When I start sideload in CWM, "adb devices" gives me "host", dont know if this is good.

You mean I should try to boot CM11 from SDcard (i assume i end up with the same problem that the Nook doesnt want to boot from SD-CWM)? Where should I unmount the card? I dont think i'm getting your idea :(

Thank you!

On my new replacement Nook I can't boot to any SDcards no matter if they are CWM or CM unless I boot into a working OS unmount the card I have in there eject it and put another one in while still booted then do a reboot it then boots every time off the new card.

Jan 26, 2013
Now the stock OS is installed. But I have problems getting into the SD-CWM. At the moment, it doesnt boot at all when the SD card is my Nook. Very strange behaviour.

I don't have a second SD-card, so I can't try that. :(

invistatech

Feb 9, 2014
Now the stock OS is installed. But I have problems getting into the SD-CWM. At the moment, it doesnt boot at all when the SD card is my Nook. Very strange behaviour.

I don't have a second SD-card, so I can't try that. :(

My Nook has Version 2.2 of B&N Software. I have to restore the Nook to get it to boot from SD Card. I am new so I am having issues finding the right combination of files to install the nightly build of CM11 without getting a status 7. There are so many builders and files on this forum and everything I have tested so far has been a no go. Can someone give me a specific set of files that will work with the nightly build of CM 11? It would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 26, 2013
Create a bootable SD card: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2062613

- format SD card with SDFormatter
- set the only partition to "active" with MiniTool Partition Wizard
- "flash"/"burn" a bootable-CWM-image, for me it OINLY worked with "NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for-stock-small-rev4-(05.15.13).zip" (boots every time to SD-CWM, using the 4GB-version didnt work even after 30+ trys
- add your CM11-zip to the SD card using your windows explorer
- add flash_recovery_ovation_CWM_6.0.4.5b_internal.zip from http://goo.im/devs/succulent/ovation/recovery
- put it in your Nook, boot it up, if you're lucky you see CWM
- flash the 6.0.4.5b CWM, then you're ready to flash the newest CM11. If you want to flash an older version of CM such as 10.1 or 10.2, you need a lower CWM version to avoid status 7 errors.
- flash CM11

That was my way to CM11, but there is one huge problem at the moment: CM won't boot, it loops the CM-bootlogo infinitely. several wipes did nothing, still looping. My CWM always says on bootup that /system/ (besides others) isnt mounted, but I can mount them without a problem, flashing the CM-ROM doesnt produce errors.

I don't know how to avoid the CM bootlogo-loop :(

Darmel

Nov 25, 2013
Had to reboot about 8 times to get my nook to read 32 gig SD card.

That v6045 of CWM is causing the status 7 errors. You need an older version for older zips. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item 1a. Then you can flash whatever you want, including that plain stock zip from item 6.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

I had to reboot my nook at least 8 times to get it to read my SD card so I could install succulents 07FEB2014, using TWRP, because I was getting error 7 when installing via CWM.6.0.26 If I had known better, I would have copied the 07FEB2014 (stable) build to my internal memory and installed with TWRP from there. I somehow got into a loop where I could only boot into TWRP, finally being able to install seemed to fix this. I am loving the 07FEB2014 build. Keep up the good work gentle men and women! I really love this build.

Last edited: