Uneven screens?

Search This thread

thunder9111

Jul 25, 2010
I want to get this phone, but I've been hearing of uneven screens on the net. People have been saying the bottom of their screens are popping up. has this happened to anyone?

and also, in this picture,
e48858255-ac-4877xf9x0600x0400-m.jpg

Is the fact that you can see the light from the bottom of the screen mean that the screen is uneven?

also:
mobile01-d08db98846f66fd1bc6b481d584a118d.jpg

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
I want to get this phone, but I've been hearing of uneven screens on the net. People have been saying the bottom of their screens are popping up. has this happened to anyone?

and also, in this picture,
e48858255-ac-4877xf9x0600x0400-m.jpg

Is the fact that you can see the light from the bottom of the screen mean that the screen is uneven?

also:
mobile01-d08db98846f66fd1bc6b481d584a118d.jpg

some people have this issue but im not sure if its as severe as in the image...
but mine seems to have a perfect screen :D

Last edited:

Numline1

Mar 27, 2011
Nitra
I'm not sure about this problem, but I noticed that mostly users with Desire S from Asia have the screen popping issue. UK Desires seem to be fine.

mrtmint

May 7, 2011
Wiltshire
Hi my first post on XDA but have been skulking about.

I'm in the UK and have had my DS 3 full days perfect no floors and set up with current OS and skinned.

Though day 4 bottom corners lifting by Home and Search keys and also have the smallest gap between unibody and screen near Volume rocker and touch keys, the gap is enough to see back light coming through in the dark/dusk.

Hope this helps i have a new replacement coming first thing tomorrow will report on that with any news.
:rolleyes:

mrtmint

May 7, 2011
Wiltshire
Ok so brand new replacement handset and i still have these issues the bottom right corner is already showing that it's raised in comparison to the bottom left corner and there is still a visible gap on the left of the screen can see the charge port through this and light still shining through in the right light.

Looks like bad quality control from HTC will be contacting orange in a mo as i'm still in my cooling off period. I am really disappointed Android OS is great for the customisation but this handset seem's to have been rushed in the build quality.

Hope this helps.