[ROM][ACS]Magnifier 1.0 Deodexed[11.04.11][UNLOCKED ONLY]

Search This thread
S

S0ckM0nk3y

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Children of all ages,

S0ckM0nk3y and the /\ndroid Cre/\tive Syndic/\te present to you......

MAGNIFIER 1.0

For your UNLOCKED Motorola Photon 4G.​

If you couldn't tell from the title of the thread or the above line YOU MUST BE UNLOCKED TO USE THIS ROM and have CWM installed to flash.

Myself or any member of ACS [Android Creative Syndicate] are not responsible for any damage this may cause your phone, cat, friends, freshly glazed bathtub, car, truck, bike, golf clubs, golf game or we are not responsible if your GPS doesn't work and you get lost on your way home from work.

Installation instructions please see QBKing77's video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/qbking77#p/u/6/ntOpiu5w-2wBE

I will not answer questions about how to unlock your Motorola Photon 4G. That's what all of QBKing77's videos are for and the other devs threads are for. Please do not post in my thread if it's not directly related to the ROM unless I ask you to.

Now lets get to the goodies:

Each link will take you to the ACS site to download. You do not have to register at this site nor do you have to pay to download.​

MAGNIFIER 1.0

Click above to download

Click below for mirror

Mirror

Changelog:

Installed:

BusyBox 1.19.0
SU - Updated and put in /data/app so it can be further updated as well
SpareParts [Set transitions and window animations to fast]
Terminal Emulator [For tweaks to come later in updates for Magnifier]
File Expert (For root purposes)
Various System Tweaks
Smoother Unlock Transition
Hidden platlogo.jpg - didn't change the name because I could not find where to change it at and it wasn't a high priority of mine.

Deleted:

ArcVideoEditorLite.apk - /system/app
BooksPhone.apk - /system/app
FileManager.apk - /system/app
HelpCenter.apk - /system/app
Maps.apk - /system/app
NewsWidget.apk - /system/app
Protips.apk - /system/app
Quickoffice-Motorola.apk - /system/app
Street.apk - /system/app
Swype.zip - Swype.apk /system/app - libSwypeCore.so /system/lib
YouTube.apk - /system/app

Most of these apk's I have deleted can be found in the market. I will link what I deleted in a flashable.zip below for everyone that wants these. You can also click on each apk and download it and install them individually. Just use any root access file manager to do this. *Hint Hint* you have one in File Expert I have installed with the ROM.

For Swype.apk and libSwypeCore.so click the download and just extract them and place the Swype.apk in /system/app and the libSwypeCore.so into /system/lib.

DOWNLOAD

Flash above via CWM like normal

Theme:

Custom Statusbar Dropdown - Thanks GreenMuggy for the help on that and the lesson on .9.pngs
Custom ACS Lockscreen - For no ACS Logo lockscreen please see post 3
Custom Dialer
Changed Primary Text to #ff3f73a7 (Matte Blue)
Changed Font to Zekton Font
Custom Bootanimation - Thanks for this ZHkilla
Lots of other things themed throughout the ROM.

I did not theme BlurHome.apk which is the Launcher because 99% of people do not use the stock launcher anyway.

I included all of the MotoBLUR and SprintID because they are launchers that come with the ROM.

ACS will never put another launcher that makes you pay to use all the features of that particular launcher.

THANKS TO:

Group:

ACS - For bringing me aboard to be a part of their team.
Everyone at devphone.org that I have worked with in the past.

Individual:

Rodderik
Insanity213
Symbola
VenumX
Shabbypenguin
Dreamsforgotten
Computerkid23 - Congrats again my man
QBKing77 - Awesome work with the videos and thanks for testing things out for me with the ROM
Green Muggy
Chris41g
ZHkilla
Everyone in the ACS Google+ huddle​

If I have forgotten anyone please let me know and I will correct it.

Now sit back and relax and enjoy the ROM.

Make sure to click the thanks button if myself or anyone from ACS ir anyone it that matter has helped you out in any sort of way :)

Screenshots can be found in 2nd post​

Last edited:
S

S0ckM0nk3y

lockscreen.jpg
dialer.jpg

dialerkickstand.jpg

dropdown.jpg
menu.jpg

Tweaks and Updates can be found in 3rd Post​

Last edited:
S

S0ckM0nk3y

Update 11.03.11 - No ACS Logo LockMod

DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

dave0812

Aug 19, 2009
Will this work on the us cellular electrify

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

S

S0ckM0nk3y

I don't have an electrify to test with so im not sure. But I know there would be some things that need to be changed ala build.prop and such.

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
Superb job so far monkey! I have been running this rom since last night with 0 problems so far! I do have a few questions though.

Will you be tweaking the theme a bit more? Like adding 1% battery mod or changing the 3g bars?

Will you be adding int.d support?
Will you look into removing CIQ?

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

S

S0ckM0nk3y

Superb job so far monkey! I have been running this rom since last night with 0 problems so far! I do have a few questions though.

Will you be tweaking the theme a bit more? Like adding 1% battery mod or changing the 3g bars?

Will you be adding int.d support?
Will you look into removing CIQ?

Major updates will be coming and all that will be part of it for sure

Sent from my Magnified Motorola Photon 4G on The "Now" Network

Custodian

Feb 27, 2011
For sure. Check it. Do you associate with konane much? Pretty sure if we asked nicely he'd remove ciq for us :). Just mentioned him because he's removed it for the epics in short time spans.
Will do my friend. Also get hold of ne if u have any questions on it

S

S0ckM0nk3y

For sure. Check it. Do you associate with konane much? Pretty sure if we asked nicely he'd remove ciq for us :). Just mentioned him because he's removed it for the epics in short time spans.

I talked to him everynow and then but I know he's got some other stuff he's working on right now but i'll ask him

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
thats why im asking ive never seen it in the running services. i would imagine with this being a world phone it might anger some other carriers to find they are having their **** tracked by sprint

or it could be cuz its motos first and they didnt know better :p

S

S0ckM0nk3y

thats why im asking ive never seen it in the running services. i would imagine with this being a world phone it might anger some other carriers to find they are having their **** tracked by sprint

or it could be cuz its motos first and they didnt know better :p

This is very True

noefects

Mar 13, 2011
Stumptown
Thanks s0ckm0nk3y! loving the rom, stable fantastic battery life fast, only thing im noticing is every call i have in and out defaults to speakerphone, its not a huge deal, but i recall some of the earlier roms on the photon having this issue too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    trust me guys, ive already given him a long list of bugs from the test version. :p

as for you! why are you posting on the forums back to work!!! ::cracks whip:: ;)
    Glad you made your own post with it. Tell you what. the thread I made, I'll update the OP with a link to this thread. That sound good?
    Loving the ROM but have a question and suggestion.

Suggestion first: When moving emails on my exchange account, my folders have black text with black background so I am unable to identify which folder is which. Anyway to change the text color to white?
    Question: Is there a market fix because when I go to the market and select my apps, i get a screen that says Application and game owned by this account will appear here. Not apps are listed.

Again, thanks for the great ROM.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk
    The market issue isn't ROM or phone Specific. It is actually a goof on googles part.

So I'm thinking you should add a script to disable the over the air updates in your next rom. My phone just got a forced update and bricked it into a boot loop. So I'm going to claim it stolen if reflashing your from doesn't work

Don't you have a backup you could revert to? I doubt you phone is bricked by that...

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Thanks, i reflashed the o overclocked kernel and it works perfect. This rom is amazing

Anyway you could post a link to that specific kernal for us?