##UDATED 10MAR12## [TWEAK] Lightning Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Im gonna complain about not having ics you think we can all get it??

Stay on topic and stop trolling! If you want to ask questions like this, look in the mirror and talk to yourself. It is appearent you are new. READ THE RULES! Post in the right section, and don't be a ****...

Not to mention, it is very rude and unorthodox to ask someone, especially a DEV, "when", or "are we gonna get."

JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
Update is posted. Should fix battery issues and made a few minor changes for performance. You should be hitting somewhere in the high 2500s in the quadrant (Not Oc'd), and I hit a 3179 OC'd.

the tweak didn't gave me 2500 :-\

it gave me 3300+ no OC!! :p

Im willing to help others...
Feel free to pm and ask a question...
*just don't flame if I get something wrong sometimes, I'm only a HUMAN NOT AN ANDROID :-D

Oh btw.. Hit thanks if I helped

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328664585922.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328664585922.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 292

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
For your information

Just to let everyone know:
The governor tweak is set pretty high for performance. If you find yourself needing battery life over performance, you can make some minor changes. Here's how:
1 Download Script Manager from the market (it's free)
2 Open Script Manager and navigate to /system/etc/init.d
3 Press menu/more/advanced options and select mount as RW
4 Select 01governor and select "edit" at the top (this will open the file in atext editor)
5 Change:
Code:
echo "45" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
echo "45" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
To:
Code:
echo "[COLOR="Red"]70[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
echo "[COLOR="red"]70[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
6 Select menu/save
7 Press the skull and cross bones icon at the top (this will allow Super User)
8 Press run, close app and enjoy
This will result is slightly slower performance but higher battery life.

If you want even better battery life:
1 Following steps 1-4
2 Add a # at the begining of lines 11 to 19
3 Scroll to "pwoersaver" section
4 Remove the # at the begining of lines 28, 30-38 and 43
Code:
#AWAKE_GOVERNOR="ondemand"
#SLEEP_GOVERNOR="ondemand"
#	echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
#	echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
etc
Code:
AWAKE_GOVERNOR="powersaver"
#SLEEP_GOVERNOR="powersaver"
		echo "85" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
		echo "20000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate;
		echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias;
5 Follow steps 6-8 (no need to select super user icon if you already did)
This will result in lower performance, but ultimate battery life

When running in a higher performance mode (especially for gaming) you can disable powersave_bias by changing the 1 to a 0 like this:
Code:
echo "1" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias;
echo "[COLOR="Red"]0[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias;
echo "[COLOR="red"]0[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/powersave_bias;
Powersave_bias only allows the CPU to peak for small increments at a time, and not allow the CPU to remain peaked even when the system calls for it. In gaming, that could result in choppy, laggy perofrmance and slow FPS..

Always leave SLEEP_GOVERNOR="powersave" uncommented (no #) and do not uncomment any other SLEEP_GOVERNOR as this will keep ultimate battery save while screen is off.
Only change values in increments of 5 for the up_threshold.

I am not resposible if you do something wrong. Make a back up just in case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paulx777

JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
DAMN! I use a different bechmark test app... But that is still very freaking awesome! Looks like this thing might be final very soon...
looking great
I'll be happy to test the final :)

*just don't flame if I get something wrong sometimes, I'm only a HUMAN NOT AN ANDROID :-D

Reactions: hutson23

reddd123

Jan 21, 2012
Yup I got 2548 sweet man but I think I see battery going away quick what would he the difference from your lower battery guide to medium and ultimate one? Like performance difference and the battery gains? And sorry for trolling before.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

reddd123

Jan 21, 2012
Just to let everyone know:
The governor tweak is set pretty high for performance. If you find yourself needing battery life over performance, you can make some minor changes. Here's how:
1 Download Script Manager from the market (it's free)
2 Open Script Manager and navigate to /system/etc/init.d
3 Press menu/more/advanced options and select mount as RW
4 Select 01governor and select "edit" at the top (this will open the file in atext editor)
5 Change:
Code:
echo "45" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
echo "45" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
To:
Code:
echo "[COLOR="Red"]70[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
echo "[COLOR="red"]70[/COLOR]" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
6 Select menu/save
7 Press the skull and cross bones icon at the top (this will allow Super User)
8 Press run, close app and enjoy
This will result is slightly slower performance but higher battery life.

If you want even better battery life:
1 Following steps 1-4
2 Add a # at the begining of lines 11 to 19
3 Scroll to "pwoersaver" section
4 Remove the # at the begining of lines 28, 30-38 and 43
Code:
#AWAKE_GOVERNOR="ondemand"
#SLEEP_GOVERNOR="ondemand"
#	echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
#	echo "70" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
etc
Code:
AWAKE_GOVERNOR="powersaver"
#SLEEP_GOVERNOR="powersaver"
		echo "85" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold;
		echo "20000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/sampling_rate;
5 Follow steps 6-8 (no need to select super user icon if you already did)
This will result in lower performance, but ultimate battery life

Always leave SLEEP_GOVERNOR="powersave" uncommented (no #) and do not uncomment any other SLEEP_GOVERNOR as this will keep ultimate battery save while screen is off.
Only change values in increments of 5 for the up_threshold.

I am not resposible if you do something wrong. Make a back up just in case.

How do I know where 11-19 are? They don't show you in 01governor

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
Yup I got 2548 sweet man but I think I see battery going away quick what would he the difference from your lower battery guide to medium and ultimate one? Like performance difference and the battery gains? And sorry for trolling before.

If you do a lot of things with high graphics, use the "ultimate" settings. if you play games like solitaire or words, texting, phone calls... Use medium... If you just text and call, have such launcher don't really use the phone much except for its basic purpose, use the powersaver. Think of it as light medium and heavy usage and set the values accordingly... For you, use powersaver since you are so concerned with battery... I use 70 up_threshold and 1 on power_bias... Great battery and great performance when needed... A good balance overall...

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
If you do a lot of things with high graphics, use the "ultimate" settings. if you play games like solitaire or words, texting, phone calls... Use medium... If you just text and call, have such launcher don't really use the phone much except for its basic purpose, use the powersaver. Think of it as light medium and heavy usage and set the values accordingly... For you, use powersaver since you are so concerned with battery... I use 70 up_threshold and 1 on power_bias... Great battery and great performance when needed... A good balance overall...
so what is the applied default now?
after flash the tweak *

reddd123

Jan 21, 2012

ok man i just changed it to 70 and 70 is that what you meant? 1 power bias is already default so yeah if this is what you recommend then ya i will use it man cause you are the developer, i don't really need extremely long battery life anything like 20 hours is good if i can have like wifi on always and use a app here and there and text i am good guess battery life just compensate for penis size.

thomas.raines

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2011
Hutto
ok man i just changed it to 70 and 70 is that what you meant? 1 power bias is already default so yeah if this is what you recommend then ya i will use it man cause you are the developer, i don't really need extremely long battery life anything like 20 hours is good if i can have like wifi on always and use a app here and there and text i am good guess battery life just compensate for penis size.
You should be set then... Give it a day or 2 and report your results please.

JuLes' MostWanted

Jan 25, 2012
Chicago, IL
I appreciate you helping, but you have been wrong. Don't give your opinion when answering to issues. Give facts and experiences. You can always ask me via pm...

Sure thing...
I'll try to be more specific about the experience and facts...

--------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ ENTIRE OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took ASXIX, ASv15, added parts from Thunderbolt and a few tweaks from a Cappy ROM (Fasty III), edited a few things here and there, combined them together and flashed them. I got INSANE battery life, super fast performance, shorter boot times, smooth transitions, faster sdcard read/write speed, and higher quad scores (I know most people say those don't matter, but it does account for something).

DO NOT USE THIS WITH RAVERX3X'S OCTANE 3.0
    ONLY USE v5 Upgrade if you are currently using any other version of Lightning Zap

Made 3 version
    v5 for all ROMs
    v5 Upgrade if you are currently on an older version of Lightning Zap
    v5 MIUI is for MIUI ONLY

v5
    Now adjusts filesystem with tune2fs (still ext4fs) to disable journaling, improve responsiveness, smoothness, and overall performance
    Contains newest build.prop tweaks from dsexton702
    Now uses Aroma installer by FBis251
    Removed duplicate scripts
    Added newest FUGU (Actually did that on v3, but failed to mention it)
    Reformatted governor tweak a bit (easier to follow instructions to change values)
    Decided NOT to add the journaling script and data2ext... for now
    Quads hit 2432 on first run and averaged 2696 out of 3 runs, Not OC'd

v5 takes quite a while to install (about 20 to 30 minutes...maybe longer). If you experience FC's, fix permissions and reboot. As we all know, or should know, backups don't always like to play right when restored.

On v5 quads are hitting 3100+ average...

Must be rooted, on Gingerbread build that supports init.d, and have a kernel with voodoo. this has been tested on SG4G and Captivate but it may work on other devices (if you have flashing issues push manually or PM me for help)

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for any damage this may cause to your device.

Don't forget to make a backup! Just in case...

INSTRUCTIONS
    Download zip and place on sdcard, reboot to recovery, install zip, follow prompts in Aroma installer (No options to change in custom install so use Quick Install), reboot phone, let sit for at least 10 minutes, REBOOT, enjoy!
    This can be flashed directly over older versions of Lightning Zap.

Want to get more out of Lightning Zap?
    Refer here:
    More Tweaking

If you are not getting the battery life/performance others are getting, refer here:
    Gremlin Remover

To see what tune2fs does (and verify journaling is disabled) type:
    Code:
    tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl9
    tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl10
    tune2fs -l /dev/block/stl11
    For an example of results refer to this post:
    tune2fs results on /system partition

Special Thanks to
    GreyDark
    dsexton702
    LOSTLOGIC89
    pikachu01
    tehgyb
    FBis251 for the awesome installer
    And all the super awesome DEVs that help us!

Download links just below here
    Working on an ICS/CM9 build along with 3 ROMs... Have some patience guys...
    Hey when are you releasing your kernel source? It could probably benefit everyone if we can get a copy of it

This weekend. My internet service sucks (1.5mbs and 75% packet loss), but today I'm getting new service installed (15mbs guaranteed and hopefully 0 packet loss..Lol) so i can shoot it upstream without errors within a decent amount of time... this goes for the gummy source as well...

Sent from my SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    Happy holidays all!

Hi Thomas

I'm currently testing it.
    Are you sure there are no duplications? I see 2 SDCard speedfixes in init.d...

Sent from me

The S77-sdcard-speedfix raises the read ahead from 3072 to 4096. I tried running it without it (just raised the threshold in 02speedcardfix) and the performance was good (17.28 mb/s), but I got much higher readings (22.13 mb/s) when I changed the 02sdcardspeedfix back to 3072 and added the S77-sdcard-speedfix back into it. (These numbers are referenced from DeviceMark app).