samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt-p3113 root

Search This thread

mr.nobody19884

Mar 8, 2014
Hello.
I have a big problem and i hope that you can help me. I just got my Tab p3110 and somehow I ended up at the black screen "POWER RESET or UNKNOWN UPLOAD MODE". I cant get past that screen and i'm not able to turn it off. Only reaction i when i press vol Up and Down at the same time. In that case the screen turns off and get back to the same message after a few seconds.

I don't know what to do :/

Now the link iam going to give is for galaxy s3 having similar issue,since I was unable to find it for p3110,this may help though....check it out... http://artproblogger.com/galaxy-s3-power-reset-mode/ ...let me know if it helps or just hit thanks...;)

Sent from my GT-P3100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

salambrie

Jan 8, 2015
I can't post a video but if you've used Odin it's pretty straight forward:

1. Download recovery.tar.md5
2. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Either one of these options:
- 2a. Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume Down button and Power button. Volume up to confirm download mode
- 2b. If you have adb installed run 'adb reboot download' from a command prompt
3. Launch Odin, click PDA and browse to the recovery.tar.md5 file
4. Hit start and your tablet will reboot.
5. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip to your extSdCard (Card in Windows Explorer)
6. Reboot your tablet into recovery mode. Either one of these options:
- 6a. Power off the tablet. Hold down the Volume Up button and Power button. When you see the "Galaxy Tab" logo release Power but continue holding Volume Up
- 6b. If you have adb installed run 'adb reboot recovery' from a command prompt
7. In CWM navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (volume keys navigate) and press power to select
8. Select "choose zip from sdcard"
9. Navigate to the "cmw-root-gtab2.zip" you saved to your sd card earlier
10. Profit!

is it the same the CWM root and the cf auto root expresso etc? i'm so confused
my tab is 4.1.2 jellybean..can i do the same way too? THANX

NewToTech!

Dec 25, 2023
anybody able to do it in 2023?

I'd appreciate help, step by step cuz im kinda new

what im concerned most about is like what os or custom rom i can use

i've heard of android-andi but i have some concerns about it:

-on reddit ive seen about the android andi installing bitcoin and now whenever i c andi, im paranoid
-so i want to avoid it

I need to be able to browse the internet, read ebooks, light things like that
what os or custom rom should i use
im open to try ubuntu

• Haha
Reactions: drnightshadow
anybody able to do it in 2023?

I'd appreciate help, step by step cuz im kinda new

what im concerned most about is like what os or custom rom i can use

i've heard of android-andi but i have some concerns about it:

-on reddit ive seen about the android andi installing bitcoin and now whenever i c andi, im paranoid
-so i want to avoid it

I need to be able to browse the internet, read ebooks, light things like that
what os or custom rom should i use
im open to try ubuntu
Lol reedit as a real source, really :ROFLMAO:

Try any ROM 6.0 from Andy or RR ROM without gapps (or don't cry later about lag).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re-Re-Written Instructions

I have re-written Ayenn13's instructions, which he re-wrote from machx0r.

Give them the credit for the origin of these, I just made them easier to understand (and a little more accurate :D).

I also attached the files you need to this post, just in case the links stop working :p. (You just have to unzip them using 7-Zip, WinRAR or WinZip, both attachments include the SAME files, I added both .zip and .7z as some people prefer one over the other.)

Instructions for installing Clockwork Recovery and Rooting your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7"

1. Download recovery.tar.md5.

2. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip to your ext SDCard ("Card" in Windows Explorer).

3. Download Odin for windows.

4. Make sure your device is not plugged in via USB.

5. Make sure your device is in “USB debugging” mode.

• Navigate through Menu>Settings>Developer Options and check the “USB debugging” option.

6. Reboot your tablet into download mode. By either one of these options: (*NOTE: Connect your device to your PC using the USB cable if you will be rebooting your device through ADB!)

• Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume Down button and Power button. Volume up to confirm download mode.

• If you have adb installed run 'adb reboot download' from a command prompt.

7. Launch Odin, click PDA and browse to the recovery.tar.md5 file (unless you moved it, it will be in your user downloads folder).

8. Hit start, when completed your tablet will reboot.

9. Reboot your tablet into recovery mode. By either one of these options:

• Power off the tablet. Hold down the Volume Up button and Power button. When you see the "Galaxy Tab" logo release Power but continue holding Volume Up.

• If you have adb installed run 'adb reboot recovery' from a command prompt.

10. In the CWM menu (the menu will be in the upper left corner of the now landscape mode screen) navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (volume keys navigate) and press power to select.

11. Select "choose zip from sdcard".

12. Navigate to the "cmw-root-gtab2.zip" you saved to your sd card earlier (it should be the only option if you have not used any other root methods).

13. Wait for the install to complete, shouldn't take long.

14. Select "go back" from the menu at the top, back out two menus then select the reboot device option.

15. Your device will restart. On the first restart you will see it "Update Android".

16. ??????????

17. Profit!
    I have rewritten the instructions for the novice rooter (which is what I am given I have only been around the superuser world for tow months). machx0r forgot a few important steps for us novices. :confused:

I would like to thank machx0r for giving the directions they have. Without them I would not have figured the rest out! :)

Here are the desecrate and explicate instructions for this process...

1. Get a copy of Mobile Odin and install it (it is on Google Play).

2. Get a copy of ClockworkMod and install it (it is on Google Play).

3.Download recovery.tar.md5.

4. Copy cwm-root-gtab2.zip to your extSdCard (Card in Windows Explorer)

5. Download Odin for windows.

6. Make sure your device is not plugged in via USB.

7. Make sure your device is in “USB debugging” mode

a. To do so navigate through Menu>Settings>Applications>Development
    Options and check the “USB debugging” option.​

8. Reboot your tablet into download mode. Either one of these options:

a. Power off the tablet. Hold the Volume Down button and Power button.
    Volume up to confirm download mode.​

b. If you have adb installed run 'adb reboot download' from a
    command prompt​

9. Launch Odin, click PDA and browse to the recovery.tar.md5 file (unless you moved it will be in your user downloads folder).

10. Hit start and your tablet will reboot.

11. Unplug the USB connection.

12. Reboot your tablet into recovery mode. Either one of these options:

a. Power off the tablet. Hold down the Volume Up button and Power button.
    When you see the "Galaxy Tab" logo release Power but continue holding Volume Up​

b. If you have adb installed run 'adb reboot recovery' from a
    command prompt​

13.In the CWM menu (the menu will be in the upper left corner of the now landscape mode screen) navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (volume keys navigate) and press power to select

14. Select "choose zip from sdcard"

15. Navigate to the "cmw-root-gtab2.zip" you saved to your sd card earlier (it should be the only opition if you have not used any other root methods).

16. Select go back from the menu at the top through two menus then select the restart device option.

17. Your device will restart. In the process it will update android.

18. Profit!​
    Please share with the rest of the class :p Did you just change density and then install or something more to it?

Ok class, listen up. j/K ;). I initially tried to use the swype apk from my 7.7. It installed, but forced closed over and over. So I thought about it, and figured out another idea, that I was almost positive wasnt going to work. But it did.

I used the swype apk that I had from an install on my kindle fire. I used these instructions here to get it installed onto my Fire. I ended up returning the Fire to buy the gtab 2, but I had backups of it. And it was as simple as installing that apk.

Now Ive read that swype really frowns on people posting modified swype apk's. But this one is not modified in anyway other than it was used on a device that wasnt suppose to work but did. So I hope this wont cause any issues, and if it does feel free to delete the file. Anyway here it is. Hope it works as easy for others as it did for me.
    here it is

since we have no forum yet (um come on mods get to it!) I can't post a shiny new thready for my very first real dev, ROOT FOR YOUR GALAXY TAB 2 7.0!!

so I'll put it in this post, and I'll mention I posted this on rootzwiki first, we have our very own forum there... (XDA I love ya, and I know you will get there hehe)

** Edit ***
    I just attached the files as well as mediafire, rename the txt file to pit (xda won't accept the file as is..

I have gained root through using a modified boot.img from the gt-p3110 leak posted a few weeks ago, took me all day but here it is.

Note I haven't only tested this on my device, its 2am est and all my testers are asleep (that being termitech lol)..

Standard YMMV
    So big fat warning, I MAKE NO GUARANTEES THIS WILL NOT BRICK YOUR TAB, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Now with that unpleasantness out of the way.. with out further ado. I present the very first root for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0!! Yay mom I'm a dev now!

The method will have you using hemidall/heimdall-frontend there is a way to put this all into an odin package but I'm too exhausted to do so (for now).. Also I will not re-hash how to install or use heimdall.. you can look that up on your own

Get it here:
    http://www.glassechidna.com.au/products/heimdall/

Process
    Once that is installed do the following:
    • reboot tablet into download mode
    • adb reboot download

• launch heimdall-frontend
    • go to flash tab
    • load attached pit file (gt-p3110.pit)
    • Then from partion details choose "KERNEL", click "Add"
    • then choose "Browse" and select the attached boot-bjr.img
    • choose "Start"

after the tablet reboots:

Code:
    adb shell
    ./su
    ./gtab2-root.sh

Congratulations you are now rooted!

I'm going to try and stay up a bit longer and monitor this (and the xda thread) please let me know immediately of success or failure, I will pull the files if failure.. Issues with heimdall aside, I want reports back on if things work.. They work for me.. and I tested a fresh factory img just a few minutes ago.. pretty sure we are good!

gt-p3110.pit

boot-bjr.img
    Ive made some progress..

I'm able to make and flash new boot.img's and change files in the initramfs, having a bit of trouble getting adb to come up insecure.. any other devs out there want to chime in?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

I think the only method is to use odin to flash either a system.img that is rooted or flash a rooted kernel.

I can push busybox and change its permissions to data/local.. thats something.. :)

adb push busybox /data/local/ && adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/busybox

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

I have root! (in recovery)

now to make it pretty so you guys can try it!