[Q] Fully Reset Note 3

Search This thread

Takwas

Oct 22, 2011
Lagos
meechgeek.wordpress.com
Hi Devs,

I have a SIM-locked Note 3 purchased in the UK. They told me it's unlocked, but I've not been able to use a SIM from my country with it. I have also used the Chainfire Region unlock app.

Now as you might have guessed my Knox warranty is tripped. I'm not willing to pay any extra amount to unlock it.Honestly, the whole process is making me sick.

So I want to know, is there a way to sort of 'flash' this phone and install everything(firmware) from scratch and remove the SIM network lock restriction?

Last edited:

orly_mihai

Feb 11, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
If you already trip knox you can try a custom rom that have region unlock on it.You can find a lot.From what i see Xnote and Omega rom are the best.

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
I've searched and tried some of the unlocked guides but none seems to work and to the contrary I've read of posts that just messed up their phones by flashing something. I know you said you don't want to pay anything but at this point a unlock code is the only way to go, I think.

As for flashing everything from scratch, yes you can always flash stock firmware or rom of your choice ( except remove the SIM network lock part ).

Takwas

Oct 22, 2011
Lagos
meechgeek.wordpress.com
I've searched and tried some of the unlocked guides but none seems to work and to the contrary I've read of posts that just messed up their phones by flashing something. I know you said you don't want to pay anything but at this point a unlock code is the only way to go, I think.

As for flashing everything from scratch, yes you can always flash stock firmware or rom of your choice ( except remove the SIM network lock part ).

Thanks for your response. Is there any trusted service you can refer to me, with which I could pay and get theunlock code?

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
Or perhaps do you think it would work if I ran a different OS like 'Firefox' or 'Ubuntu Touch'?

I've read of linux running on note 3 but not in depth so not sure if they will work.

I kept reading about Cellunlock.net when in comes to unlock code but I've never use them so check them out or maybe other members here can recommend one to you.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I used this service and had the code within an hour.
My Note 3 is stock unrooted.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/171221313932?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I'm not associated with the above site. If link is not allowed sorry :eek:

That is interesting but a little unclear - was your phone network-locked (to some provider) or was that only for the region-lock? Since I believe all the codes I have seen so far are for network-unlock and NOT for region-lock :rolleyes: (even if I have seen 2-3 posts from users that have contacted Samsung and after a few weeks of complaining Samsung gave them a code to region-unlock, but I have no personal experience on that so all must be taken with a grain of salt).

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
The region unlock from chainfire is not a sim unlock. You will need to unlock it from the networks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I'm quite sure it's not region-locked, but SIM-locked...if only a custom ROM would bypass the lock, I wouldn't hesitate to flash one on it.

Three lock their mobiles to their network. Never listen to sales staff as they're just after a quick sale. - And no flashing a custom ROM won't bypass the SIM Lock, you'll have to shell out the money to get it unlocked.

markad1

Dec 6, 2011
That is interesting but a little unclear - was your phone network-locked (to some provider) or was that only for the region-lock? Since I believe all the codes I have seen so far are for network-unlock and NOT for region-lock :rolleyes: (even if I have seen 2-3 posts from users that have contacted Samsung and after a few weeks of complaining Samsung gave them a code to region-unlock, but I have no personal experience on that so all must be taken with a grain of salt).

My Note 3 was networked locked to O2 Ireland.