[ROM][CM10][4/Apr/14] MIUI5 ARC/S/PRO [4.4.4 Multi-Lang]

Search This thread

king007khan

Mar 3, 2011
Pune
Message apk problem

Hi,

I did installed the rom twice and changed the permission of MMS.apk to rw-r-r but its not working at all. Please tell me what to do.

Everytime I try to send a message, it shows "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped." :(

Ne-oL

Apr 26, 2012
Al-Ain
hey thanks for the amazing ROM but i wanted to ask you something, i have flashed the latest Fusion Kernel and it worked flawlessly but before i came to this thread i downloaded the ROM 3.5.4 from the official MIUI website (the American site) and every time i try to flash it it gave me the assert error (had ICS kernel before the Fusion one) and even after updating the kernel it still gave me the same error, but i downloaded your version (multi-lang) and it flashed flawlessly :D
i just want to know why if you have any idea ???
thank you again

MaxWorks

Sep 15, 2011
Mykolayiv
hey thanks for the amazing ROM but i wanted to ask you something, i have flashed the latest Fusion Kernel and it worked flawlessly but before i came to this thread i downloaded the ROM 3.5.4 from the official MIUI website (the American site) and every time i try to flash it it gave me the assert error (had ICS kernel before the Fusion one) and even after updating the kernel it still gave me the same error, but i downloaded your version (multi-lang) and it flashed flawlessly :D
i just want to know why if you have any idea ???
thank you again
I need more info.
What error, where? Of you have ARC and Error is Status 7, then you need to flash ARC S stock ROM before flashing MIUI

Reactions: Ne-oL

Ne-oL

Apr 26, 2012
Al-Ain
my phone is Xperia Arc S, and the error is assert failed getprop( ro.product.device ), i figured it was because of the ICS kernel because when i tried to flash older MIUI that was based on ICS it flashed without a problem so i flashed the fusion and gave it another try but still the same, i also downloaded the rom from the mirror (in case the official was corrupted) but still the same thats until i tried yours and it worked like a charm, so does it have to do with rom packaging ? since i also checked the assert in the build prop and it was set to anzu so it had to problem recognize the device.
also thanks for the quick reply :)

anthraxter

Jan 17, 2012
Larnaca
Kernel related.

I was using Fusion 5.2 cos i was facing some wifi problems with the new kernels but i decided to move up to 5.5 and im getting horrible lags. Anyone else has the same prob? With Fusion 5.2 i can do almost anything including multitasking.. 5.5 though takes me 10 steps back?
:confused:

ste2610

Jan 14, 2011
Sony Xperia 5 II
Updated: Found the root of evil. It is Supermacy script. Will delete it from next version as it is horrible memory management script.
Will add Project Fluid for testing

Out of the three options available, which memory script would you suggest? I'm currently using supremacy but thinking it was a bad choice now :s for the record when i chose supremacy my messaging didnt work the first time but on a clean install with the same features (including supremacy) it's working fine

Mo7mD.ZaYOnA

Mar 2, 2012
Baghdad
www.tiraq.com
Dear Maxwork
your Rom is nice but why in (en Miui site) see my Version as v4.3.2.22

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 141

gabimx

Oct 26, 2011
what abute messeges?
i dont have it in the rom, how can i fix it?
how i change the permision?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kernels for MIUIv5:
    ARC/ARCS/NEO/NEOV/RAY/PRO: Latest kernel version you can get here (Kernel v2.6.32.60)
    NEO L: Turbo kernel v3.1 or LuPuS v6 (wifi modules if not works) (Kernel v2.6.x.x)
    PLAY: Turbo kernel v3.1 or LuPuS v8 (wifi modules if not works) (Kernel v2.6.x.x)
    ARC / ARC S / PRO: Kernel v3.4.x
    NEO / NEO V: Kernel v3.4.x

old versions and mirror of these kernels here

(Use these kernels as other won't work)

Screenshots and video preview:Aroma installer futures:

Setup lang:
    - English
    - Russian

Device type:
    - Arc (LT15i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 8Mpx, Screen 4,2
    - Arc S (LT18i), CPU 1,4Ghz, Camera 8Mpx, Screen 4,2
    - Neo (MT15i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 8Mpx, Screen 3,7
    - Neo V (MT11i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 5Mpx, Screen 3,7
    - Neo L (MT25i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 5Mpx, Screen 4
    - Ray (ST18i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 8Mpx, Screen 3,3
    - Pro (MK16i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 8Mpx, Screen 3,7
    - Play (R800i), CPU 1Ghz, Camera 5Mpx, Screen 4

Patches:
    - SuperSU, To fix issue with ROOT access in several apps (lunch it after 1st boot)
    - Universal dialler buttons

Audio improvements:
    - Viper for Android, FX - If you like many effects (reverb, bass, surround)
    - Xperia WALKMAN player

ZRAM and SWAP file:
    - Not use any of them, ROM will work fast, but will have low multitasking and can get self reboots caused low free RAM
    - Create ZRAM partition, ZRAM it's a virtual SWAP in the RAM, much faster then classic SWAP, but will slow down a little. Recommended if you have slow speed SD card.
    - Create SWAP file, SWAP file will be created every boot on your SD card in new place. It is highly recommended with size 128Mb+. Class 6+ SD card recommended.
    - Mount SWAP partition, Only if this partition already present on your SD card. It is highly recommended with size 256Mb+. Class 6+ SD card recommended. Require manual format and creating EXT3/4 partition on SD card.

ZRAM or SWAP file size:
    - 32 Mb, ZRAM only. Recommended to increase multitasking
    - 64 Mb, ZRAM or SWAP size. Recommended to increase multitasking (default)
    - 96 Mb, ZRAM or SWAP size. Recommended to increase multitasking
    - 128 Mb, ZRAM or SWAP size. Recommended to increase multitasking, and ROM stability
    - 192 Mb, SWAP only. Hi-speed SD card highly recommended. Recommended to increase multitasking, and ROM stability
    - 256 Mb, SWAP only. Hi-speed SD card highly recommended. Recommended to increase multitasking, and ROM stability

Mounting Link2SD:
    - Mounting Link2SD, Only if Link2SD was installed. And partition created

Disable HW buttons light:
    - Nothing has changed, HW buttons will light during your screen touches
    - Disable HW light, HW buttons light will be disabled

Connect to PC:
    - MTP, via Media Transfer Protocol. If you connect to Car audio etc.
    - Mass Storage, via Mass Storage mode

Memory Management Scripts:
    - Nothing has changed, Leave default Android memory management configuration
    - SuperCharge V6 Black Dog

Keyboard:
    - XPERIA Z keyboard

Weather:
    - Weather BZ

Google applications:
    - Gmail, Mail client Google Mail
    - Google Maps, Google Maps
    - Google Talk, Google Talk
    - Google weather, Google News and Weather
    - Youtube, Youtube

Camera application:
    - Motorola Camera app

Gallery:
    - QuickPic gallery

ANT+:
    - Enable ANT+ support

Delete from ROM:
    - Delete MIUI backup, Built-in application for backup and restore. Backup.apk
    - Delete Mail client, You can remove if you do not plan to Use e-mail. Email.apk
    - Delete MIUI keyboard, If you use third-party keyboard, you can remove the built
    - Delete MIUI Gallery, If you use a third-party gallery, you can remove the built
    - Delete SIM-tools, If you do not use SIM-card contacts, or do not work with it
    - Delete Voice module, If you do not use this future, you can remove it. PicoTTS.apk
    - Delete MIUI Video Player, If you use a third-party, you can delete this. MiuiVideoPlayer.apk
    - Delete MIUI Audio Player, If you use a third-party, you can delete this. Music.apk
    - Delete Animated wallpapers, Will remove 7 anim-wallpapers
    - Delete Quick search and voice, Will remove Quick search box and voice dialer
    - Delete MIUI Browser, If you use other Browser, or don't need this one
    - Delete MIUI Gallery
    - Delete MIUI Camera

Factory Reset, Note: This option will wipe all user data

Tips:
    - If your SD card is 6+ class speed, then I highly recommend to use SWAP file 128Mb+ (256 better). It will improve ROM speed and usability. You can create swap file during choosing installation option. Or create SWAP partition on your SD card by yourself.
    - ZRAM is partial solution for slow SD cards, and ZRAM bigger then 96Mb is not recommended. 64Mb is better.

Issues and how to solve it:
    - If you install SuperSU, but can't get root: Go to SuperSu settings and remove "Respect CM root settings" selection, or set "Default access" to Grand. First is better.
    - Time to time you can find self reboot - it is caused end of free RAM. Them use SWAP 128-256Mb option during install
    - If you have reboots after Pin code enter, please disable pin code request on other phone or other ROM. Unfortunately it doesn't fixed completely yet.
    - If you have troubles with auto-brightness, please try previous kernel version
    - Desktop rebooting time to time - it is caused by Weather BZ application. Add it to autorun, or delete if you didn't use it.
    - Hard enter to recent applications by HOME button - enter to settings - buttons - disable "recent applications" option by holding HOME button, or set another time.

This ROM Support Sony Ericsson XPERIA: ARC / ARCS / NEO / NEOV / NEOL / RAY / PRO / PLAY GSM

MIUIv5 CM10 porting stopped.
    As xiaomi stop optimizing his ROM for old 512 Mb RAM devices.
    I hope everything change and we will met again, But now I'm stop porting.
    Last good version for everyday were up to 3.8.16 version.
    You can find it in repository

MIUIv5 4.4.4 based on CyanogenMod 10
    Changelog

DOWNLOAD: ROM
    Languages: English / Chinese / Russian / Ukrainian

Changed by me:

Addons:

Bugs:
    - WSM Tools will not work. Trying to fix it...
    - If you install SuperSU, but can't get root: Go to SuperSu settings and remove "Respect CM root settings" selection, or set "Default access" to Grand. First is better.
    - Desktop rebooting time to time - it is caused by Weather BZ application. Add it to autorun, or delete if didn't use it.
    - Hard to enter to recent applications by HOME button - enter to settings - buttons - disable "recent applications" option by holding HOME button, or set another time.

MIUIv5 4.3.7 based on CyanogenMod 10
    Changelog

Changed by me:
    - 7OH Control Panel removed
    - Google keyboard updated
    - SuperSU updated to v1.93
    - Viper4Android updated to v2.3.2.2
    - WSM tolls not work on this ROM. Trying to fix...

Addons:

Bugs:
    - WSM Tools will not work. Trying to fix it...
    - Desktop rebooting time to time - it is caused by Weather BZ application. Add it to autorun, or delete if didn't use it.
    - Hard to enter to recent applications by HOME button - enter to settings - buttons - disable "recent applications" option by holding HOME button, or set another time.

MIUIv5 3.12.27 based on CyanogenMod 10
    Changelog

No OTA updates will be available. As I have many feedbacks with issues after OTA update.
    No need to make wipe data or any other wipes with full ROM update. All will works fine.

Changed by me:
    - xTension removed. (Please try WSM if you like, and feedback is it works)

Addons:

Bugs:

MIUIv5 3.11.29 based on CyanogenMod 10
    Changelog

DOWNLOAD: ROM Multi-lang Fix mass Storage bug (wipe dalvik and cache after install)
    Languages: English / Chinese / Polish / Russian / Ukrainian / Slovak / Czech / French / Hungarian / Danish / Dutch / German / Greek / Spanish / Italian / Arabic / Norwegian / Hebrew / Vietnamese / Korean (disabled) / Indonesian / Brazilian-Portuguese / Turkey / Thai

No OTA updates will be available. As I have many feedbacks with issues after OTA update.
    No need to make wipe data or any other wipes with full ROM update. All will works fine.

Changed by me:

Addons:

Bugs:

MIUIv5 3.11.22 based on CyanogenMod 10
    Changelog

DOWNLOAD: ROM Multi-lang Fix mass Storage bug (wipe dalvik and cache after install)
    Languages: English / Chinese / Polish / Russian / Ukrainian / Slovak / Czech / French / Hungarian / Danish / Dutch / German / Greek / Spanish / Italian / Arabic / Norwegian / Hebrew / Vietnamese / Korean (disabled) / Indonesian / Brazilian-Portuguese / Turkey / Thai

Changed by me:
    - SuperSU updated to v1.75

Addons:
    - Supercharged services.jar can be found in the repository (at the BOTTOM of the post). It is needed only if you install OTA, and if you use it.

Bugs:

MIUIv5 3.8.16 based on CyanogenMod 10
    Changelog

DOWNLOAD: ROM Multi-lang v2

Changed in v2:
    - Google Play Updated to v4.8.19
    - Google Mail Updated to v4.8
    - Youtube Updated to v5.6.36
    - SuperSu updated to v1.97
    - Google Talk Updated to last v4.0.4.338691. Next will be only Hangouts. I will not update it to Hangouts as then you can not go back to Gtalk.
    - Weather BZ Updated to v4.9.9 beta 38
    - Xperia keyboard integrated in system
    - Viper4android updated to v2.3.0.1
    - ZRAM and SWAP sizes reconfigured
    - 7OH Control Panel and CPU settings integrated in Settings.

Bugs:

All previous versions can be found in repository:

TIPS:
    - ОТА update doesn't have Supercharged services.jar (second part on SuperCharge V6), Install it manually after OTA update if you use Supercharger script.
    - ОТА update doesn't have 7OH Control Panel, you will loose all it futures after OTA update. So install it manually after OTA update if you use it.

HOW TO:
    - Install ROM
    - Update MIUIv2/MIUIv4 to MIUIv5 and save all data.
    - Supercharge my ROM
    - Free more RAM to remove selfreboots
    - Calibrate your battery

Credits and GREAT thanks to:
    - 7OH for support and help
    - Mechmetal for the great kernel
    - ZDuneX25 for advices and help
    - Sandy7 for his help and advices.
    - ROMZ.BZ for Russian translation GIT and translation app
    - MIUIAndroid.com for Multilang ROM files

Multilang credits:
    English (MarkHUK & iBotPeaches) - Report Bugs
    Chinese (Xiaomi) - Report Bugs
    Polish (Acid) - Report Bugs
    Russian (KDG & malchik-solnce) - Report Bugs
    Ukrainian (KDG & Vlaaaad) - Report Bugs
    Slovak (ingbrzy) - Report Bugs
    Czech (kynio, zeduaz, partykiller, petrik) - Report Bugs
    French (Abdess, Matzounet) - Report Bugs
    Hungarian (vagyula) - Report Bugs
    Danish (1982Strand) - Report Bugs
    Dutch (quidje & redmaner) - Report Bugs
    German (Bitti09, KlotziDotCom, BobQuentok) - Report Bugs
    Greek (finner) - Report Bugs
    Spanish (Ehrans, psychoraz) - Report Bugs
    Italian (Mish) - Report Bugs
    Arabic (MIUI Palestine) - Report Bugs
    Norwegian(trondkevin, datagutt) - Report Bugs
    Hebrew (HebMIUI) - Report Bugs
    Vietnamese (HoangTuBot) - Report Bugs
    Korean (Nosoy1) - Report Bugs
    Indonesian (pekikz) - Report Bugs
    Brazilian Portuguese (EddiecSilva) - Report Bugs
    Turkey - Report Bugs
    Thai - Report Bugs
    kakofonixx:
    Hello MaxWorks and thank you for your great work
    (at first sorry for the pm, but as a new member I cannot post on your MIUI5 thread although I follow your work since MIUI V2)

I'd like to ask a simple question:
    I have the xperia Arc running the latest multilang v4 MIUI version, 3.2.22, using the modified stock kernel
    I want to update to MIUI5 3.5.4...
    do I have to wipe anything in CWM or just flash the new version + kernel?

Please post your answer in your thread so anyone can see the answer.
    Thank you in advance!
    To update your ROM from MIUIv2 or MIUIv4 to MIUIv5:
    - Make backup of all information and application that you want to save in you MUI backup application.
    - Make sure that you have 70+ baseband (it is not necessary, just recommended. 77 for example)
    - Download and copy last version of MIUIv5 to your SD card
    - Download and flash kernel for your phone from the first post of the thread (It is important as other kernels can not work properly)
    - Enter to Recovery on new kernel and make wipe data (factory reset) (or don't forget to select this option during installation)
    - Select install zip and found your MIUIv5 ROM zip file on SD card
    - Follow Installation process.
    - Reboot after 5 min after first boot.

To restore data from previous MIUI version:
    - Run MIUI backup application
    - Restore ONLY Phone book, call list, SMS, and applications.
    - DO NOT restore system configurations and staff like this to avoid system issues.

Thats all.
    MIUIv5 3.8.16 based on CyanogenMod 10

As MIUIv5 3.8.16 is best of memory friendly ROMS of MIUIv5 series, I updated this version.

DOWNLOAD: ROM Multi-lang v2

Changed in v2:
    - Google Play Updated to v4.8.19
    - Google Mail Updated to v4.8
    - Youtube Updated to v5.6.36
    - SuperSu updated to v1.97
    - Google Talk Updated to last v4.0.4.338691. Next will be only Hangouts. I will not update it to Hangouts as then you can not go back to Gtalk.
    - Weather BZ Updated to v4.9.9 beta 38
    - Xperia keyboard integrated in system
    - Viper4android updated to v2.3.0.1
    - ZRAM and SWAP sizes reconfigured
    - 7OH Control Panel and CPU settings integrated in Settings.
    MIUIv5 3.10.11 ready for download
    MIUIv5 3.7.12 and OTA ready
    Changed by me:
    - Added test option with new version of Supercharge V6 Black Dog
    - Added option to change dialer buttons to universal. It have better look in dark themes. Here is the example what was by default (on top), and what can be with universal buttons (in the bottom): Screenshot
    - Updated SuperSu to v1.41